Author Topic: 12 degree transducer  (Read 969 times)

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
12 degree transducer
« on: Feb 09, 2004, 05:19 PM »
I bought the Vexilar FL-18 and it came with the 12 degree ducer. What do you think about the 12 or should I buy the 19 degree. I mostly fish in then 15 ft of water and less. Thanks

missfishylicious

Re: 12 degree transducer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2004, 05:37 PM »
this is what I've read narrow cone angles concentrate the most power within a smaller area making it easier to determine the precise depth fish are holding at.wider cone angles cover more area and thus see more fish but you can't determine precisely where there holding.I think a wider angle will show more bottum and thats were 90% of fish are the shallower the water the less bottum you'll see expecially with the smaller cone I'd try what you have if you don't like it get the bigger one

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 12 degree transducer
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2004, 05:54 PM »
I have a 12 degree on mine to. In shallow water I use the lp az mode works great. ( low power auto zoom)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.