Author Topic: Showdown Digital Fish Finder?  (Read 36861 times)

Offline Sledgod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Showdown Digital Fish Finder?
« Reply #90 on: Feb 24, 2009, 02:55 PM »
The more I test it I can fish in about 5 fow at the shallowest...at least and still see my jig and fish.  The problem is there are artifacts from about under the ice to about 3-3.5' down then you can start seeing your jig and fish without the clutter getting in the way.  I just fished a 5' deep lake this last weekend and I could really only see the bottom 2' on the Showdown with any clarity (thats with ice mode off of course).  I was able to see fish and jig and caught a bunch of small Perch (about all anyone caught that day).  But like I said any shallower and you might as well look down the hole.

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 24, 2009, 06:17 PM »
thanks all!  looking like next ice season i'll be getting 1 :clap: :thumbsup:  ;D :tipup:
got ice?

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
« Reply #92 on: Mar 11, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Just got off the phone with Nature Vision.  The 5.6 upgrade is $50 (includes shipping costs).  There is a 1-year warranty included.

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Do you have to phone them to get a request for the upgrade? 

Offline Kierran

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • theCTyankee.com
« Reply #94 on: Mar 12, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Go to Nature Vision's website.  Call their customer service number.

Offline Sledgod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Mar 12, 2009, 01:22 PM »
If it does as advertised I think it will be money well spent.  I think I'll send mine in after season so I don't miss any fishing time.

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Mar 13, 2009, 11:22 AM »
The new 5.6 software update is available now, however it makes more sense to wait and upgrade the unit just before the next ice fishing season.   The new update will cost $50 and that will include a new full one year warranty.   If you do not currently have a Showdown, you also should wait as they are going to start selling the updated units this coming fall...

Offline icefisher 21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Mar 15, 2009, 06:19 PM »
where would be the cheapest place to find one of these (during the offseason?) cause im interested into gettin one for next year thanks

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #98 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:14 AM »
where would be the cheapest place to find one of these (during the offseason?) cause im interested into gettin one for next year thanks

I found mine last off season on EBay, brand new in the box shipped for 199.00.....

Offline KDK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Apr 03, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Had one, just didn't care for it, sold it.
Life is simple, people make it complicated

Offline db1561

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My weekend home!
« Reply #100 on: Apr 10, 2009, 09:43 AM »
I received mine 2 days ago off ebay, I got it for 189.00 OTD...  But it came with a faulty power switch! would turn on and then wouldn't turn off or go into simulation mode now I have to pack up the head unit and send it back ...  ???   I'm glad I goofed around with it and didn't just wait until next season!!  I put a note in asking that for my inconvenience if they would update to the new software no charge!  We will see how that works out?

Offline db1561

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My weekend home!
« Reply #101 on: Apr 24, 2009, 07:48 AM »
I received mine 2 days ago off ebay, I got it for 189.00 OTD...  But it came with a faulty power switch! would turn on and then wouldn't turn off or go into simulation mode now I have to pack up the head unit and send it back ...  ???   I'm glad I goofed around with it and didn't just wait until next season!!  I put a note in asking that for my inconvenience if they would update to the new software no charge!  We will see how that works out?

Received my Showdown from repair.. It works in simulation mode now and turns on and off no issues!  Can't wait to use it! Only about 8 months to go?  :-\ ..And to my surprise they updated the software to 5.6 (no charge) 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.