Author Topic: Lowrance x67c ice machine  (Read 35027 times)

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Re: Lowrance x67c ice machine
« Reply #60 on: Jan 07, 2009, 02:42 PM »
Ive had mine for a year now, has been in use almost every day, i use it as my fishfinder on my boat during the summer.

I've heard it all on numerous forums, about the the lag....about the screen freezing, that it does not work in shallow water. NOT TRUE in my experience.

Iv'e heard replies to posts saying...."go with the Vex" etc...etc...etc... I even asked one those people who replied like that why? why go with the Vex,marcum? Please tell me what makes it so much better, not trying to be contentius...i just really want to know...they did not reply,.......lol.....the X67C even has a flasher mode anyway!!!!!

I am not saying the flashers of this world are bad...hell they work great...ive fished next to them and they do the job....its just that in my opinion the X67c does it better. The graph mode is much easier to understand/less confusing than the wheel display of a flasher, the side bar on graph mode even has marks on it that act like the Showdown vertical flasher!

i am a new arrival to Canada, and that said had never ice fished before untill 2 years ago. I had never even seen a fishfinder until i bought my first boat in May 2007. I fished the first winter we were here without sonar, then bought the X67C in March last year.

I had a look at the Flashers on the market but really did not like the display systems...i.e. tracking lots of coloured lines round a dial when the data it was displaying in the real world was up and down...seemed a bit silly to me. I then saw the Showdown and liked the idea that at least the display corresponded more to the actual physical world it was reading. Then i saw the advertisements for the 'X67C IceMachine' and was very interested, since it could double up as a replacement/upgrade to the 1980's fishfinder that came with the old boat i bought.

After more research and seeing how it worked in shops and using Lowrances downloadable demos i took the plunge...it just seemed like it covered all the angles.

It took a while to get the hang of it, but it is awesome! the graph mode is way better than the flasher in my opinion.....blah..blah ...blah...lol...i'm repeating myself now :-[

So to recap........

1) Screen will freeze and get damaged............So far this has not happened and ive used it iat minus 25 Celcius for a whole day.

2) There is a lag on the display......Not true....its in real time whether in graph or flasher mode

3) There is interference when used next to another machine.....TRUE....i experienced this when used next to a Vex this last week, but we could still use an see the diplay once we both adjusted our set up....to be honest though this was an issue for me, as even at highest noise reduction on my unit the display was terrible!

4) is it any good in shallow water?....Yes and no in my opinion. Yes it does read perfectly in shallow water, ive never tried using it in anything under 3 feet deep though on the ice.....but it picks up the bottom when my boat is moored in the summer and reads 2' and shows all the detail. The only thing i would say is that it has the narrow 20degree cone so unless the fish is right under the boat in the summer it wont pick it up in shallow depths, but since on the ice the fish necessarily will be right underneath you this would not be an issue.

5) I like that i can use it on my boat as a conventional open water fishfinder as well as an ice fishing unit, i know that flashers are used on the ope water but in my opinion the graph style sonars show bottom detail better.

6) The battery life on the X67C is incredible, i have used it 2 days straight on the ice without needing to recharge.

Heres a few videos and still pics i took of the machine in action since November 23rd 2008...the first day i got out on the ice for the 08/09 season.

NOVEMBER 23rd ON LAKE WABIGOON GOING FOR WALLEYE

WHITEFISH ON SHAOL LAKE COMING OFF THE BOTTOM TO CHECK OUT MY BAIT AT 35'

SMELT SUSPENDED BETWEEN 15' and 38' WHILE TROUT FISHING ON THUNDER LAKE

LAKE TROUT CHASING MY BAIT ON THUNDER LAKE.....SMELT SHOWING AT 40' AND PROBABLY LING SHOWING ON BOTTOM

DEMONSTRATION OF FLASHER MODE ON X67C

"SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:59 PM »
Ive had mine for a year now, has been in use almost every day, i use it as my fishfinder on my boat during the summer.

I've heard it all on numerous forums, about the the lag....about the screen freezing, that it does not work in shallow water. NOT TRUE in my experience.

Iv'e heard replies to posts saying...."go with the Vex" etc...etc...etc... I even asked one those people who replied like that why? why go with the Vex,marcum? Please tell me what makes it so much better, not trying to be contentius...i just really want to know...they did not reply,.......lol.....the X67C even has a flasher mode anyway!!!!!

I am not saying the flashers of this world are bad...hell they work great...ive fished next to them and they do the job....its just that in my opinion the X67c does it better. The graph mode is much easier to understand/less confusing than the wheel display of a flasher, the side bar on graph mode even has marks on it that act like the Showdown vertical flasher!

i am a new arrival to Canada, and that said had never ice fished before untill 2 years ago. I had never even seen a fishfinder until i bought my first boat in May 2007. I fished the first winter we were here without sonar, then bought the X67C in March last year.

I had a look at the Flashers on the market but really did not like the display systems...i.e. tracking lots of coloured lines round a dial when the data it was displaying in the real world was up and down...seemed a bit silly to me. I then saw the Showdown and liked the idea that at least the display corresponded more to the actual physical world it was reading. Then i saw the advertisements for the 'X67C IceMachine' and was very interested, since it could double up as a replacement/upgrade to the 1980's fishfinder that came with the old boat i bought.

After more research and seeing how it worked in shops and using Lowrances downloadable demos i took the plunge...it just seemed like it covered all the angles.

It took a while to get the hang of it, but it is awesome! the graph mode is way better than the flasher in my opinion.....blah..blah ...blah...lol...i'm repeating myself now :-[

So to recap........

1) Screen will freeze and get damaged............So far this has not happened and ive used it iat minus 25 Celcius for a whole day.

2) There is a lag on the display......Not true....its in real time whether in graph or flasher mode

3) There is interference when used next to another machine.....TRUE....i experienced this when used next to a Vex this last week, but we could still use an see the diplay once we both adjusted our set up....to be honest though this was an issue for me, as even at highest noise reduction on my unit the display was terrible!

4) is it any good in shallow water?....Yes and no in my opinion. Yes it does read perfectly in shallow water, ive never tried using it in anything under 3 feet deep though on the ice.....but it picks up the bottom when my boat is moored in the summer and reads 2' and shows all the detail. The only thing i would say is that it has the narrow 20degree cone so unless the fish is right under the boat in the summer it wont pick it up in shallow depths, but since on the ice the fish necessarily will be right underneath you this would not be an issue.

5) I like that i can use it on my boat as a conventional open water fishfinder as well as an ice fishing unit, i know that flashers are used on the ope water but in my opinion the graph style sonars show bottom detail better.

6) The battery life on the X67C is incredible, i have used it 2 days straight on the ice without needing to recharge.

Heres a few videos and still pics i took of the machine in action since November 23rd 2008...the first day i got out on the ice for the 08/09 season.

Nice job. If you set your upper and lower limits manually you can get even better resolution than you show in your videos. For example on the video where the fish were suspended at 15 and 38 you could set your lower at 40 and your upper at 12. Then the whole screen would show only that range. When you used the split zoom , everything would be clearer , better separation of targets.etc. Also, in flasher mode, the whole arc of your flasher would be in that zone, your bait would look much bigger.

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 07, 2009, 05:14 PM »
Viciouscircle, Thanks for posting. I just ordered one...my first ice electronics. Cant wait to see what I have been missing.
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline naterofsask

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2009, 07:26 PM »
viciouscircle
Thank you for the post and the videos.
You just sold me on this unit.
Ordered one tonight.  I hope they have it in stock and that it gets here soon!

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 07, 2009, 07:48 PM »
LOL...damn...i should get a commision ;D

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:09 PM »
LOL...d**n...i should get a commision ;D

I notice that your temp is flashing. You can go to "overlay data" in flasher mode and turn that off, you don't need it unless you have a ducer with a temp sensor, which the ice ducer doesn't have. You can overlay the local time onto your screen there also (m68, only), nice feature to have, you can even move the time around on the screen so it's out of the way of the flasher.

Offline tarantula

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 07, 2009, 10:32 PM »
Ive had mine now for about 2 years now and absolutely
love the thing. Never leave without it. Definately love
all the features that your "superior" model flashers dont
have and the effectiveness of the zoom and the ability
to adjust the depths. Anyone questioning themselves
about buying one? Dont think no more, go get one and
enjoy the money you saved while catching fish!!!

Stay Safe and Tight Lines!!!!

Offline kwil226

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:22 PM »
Along with unmarking the auto-sens and depth make sure the units ping speed and chart speed are set to 100%. Also some one said you can follow the side bar as if it were a Showdown, if you would like you can turn the chart speed all the way down and the whole screen will be a verticle flasher minus the grayscale.

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2009, 06:11 PM »
I absolutely freaking love mine! couldn't remember how to set mine so that the jig shows up as a line and so does the fish. love this setting. guy's on here really helped me on how to set it up again. that's the reason I really love this site--members are very knowledgeable and generally respond to posts fast. believe it or not I've had mine for two years and still haven't used the flasher mode yet! what do you guys think of it--seen both good and bad reviws.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Devildog1961

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I noticed in the pictures when in the flasher mode you did NOT have it in Ice Mode but just normal Flasher Mode.  There is an Ice Mode for the Flasher display.  When you pick the Ice Mode, the battery level will also be displayed along on the screen. 

The Ice Mode for the Flasher filters the echo return differently, so the surface clutter just below the ice and where the water is is reduced.  It also uses less high contrast colors on the flasher letting you see and interput fish easier.

Offline shadow0000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:23 AM »
I ordered one from Cabela's last week and I'm anxious to receive it. I'm unsure if we will have any ice by then :'( Anyway I would like to hear from anyone who owns one and what you like/dislike about it.Thanks, Mike
Well try to search in the internet for the answer of your problem... Or maybe try to visit some site that are related to your ice machine... Like ice machine industry i think you can get their some information or idea that you may use on your Lowrance ice machine...

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #71 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:39 PM »
Advertisement ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lmao!!! :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #72 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:17 PM »
Advertisement ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lmao!!! :tipup:

I new it was an add but WOW that was funny as $h!t when I clicked on the link-Manitowoc Ice Machine.......It must have been a computer insert for advertising or there is some guy out there who is more retarded than I  :laugh:

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 21, 2009, 12:33 AM »
Manitowoc Ice Machine......looks better than a VEX....hehe

Offline splake0

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:16 PM »
I've owed a ice-machine for 3 years. Although it's good I prefer the Vexilar better (fl 18 ultra) You will be constantly learning with your ice-machine. example there is a off low med high suppression setting. If you have it off in flasher mode (which I always used in split screen) everything shows in real time (no lag) but if you use suppression there is a slight leg. Also adjusting your color line affects the color that fish show up as. ie if you want fish to show up as red blue black etc. Sensitivity is important. Make sure you use minimum sensitivity that you need for what your fishing for. I fish Lake Trout in up-to 120 feet of water and with my sensitivity set at 94 - 97 % i could still see my jig at 120 ft.   Good Luck and remember if you can't find an optio your looking for in the menu try changing to a different screen then re-look for the option.

Offline Turk1272

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 27, 2011, 09:41 PM »
any one having trobles with replacement batteries i have gotten 2 from bass pro and both died in 30 minutes on the ice any help would be a great help

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:05 AM »
Which batteries are you using? Did you charge them before using...never had any issues with mine....apart from replacing the old one because one of the terminals snapped off. You should use a 7ah sealed lead acid recharcheable....norma lly around $30 C. I use the same battery charger i use to charge my deep cycle boat battery, i find that the small plug in ones are toast after 2 months use...have been through 2 of thosebut the batteries are solid and will normally last 2 all day icefishing sessions on a full charge....anything less and its either a different battery you are using, the same battery but not fully charged or faulty batteries that BPS has sold you.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #77 on: Jan 28, 2011, 11:25 AM »
The little charger I have, from Calbela's, has a small light to indicate power/charging = red and then turns green when fully charged, used 3 years, used for all small batteries, 7aH/9aH. Never apply A/C power until connected to a battery. Never disconnect the battery with A/C to the charger.
To toast one of these chargers requires, well, I won't go there, as the things are foolproof, but only if instructions are followed explicitly.

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:05 PM »
The little charger I have, from Calbela's, has a small light to indicate power/charging = red and then turns green when fully charged, used 3 years, used for all small batteries, 7aH/9aH. Never apply A/C power until connected to a battery. Never disconnect the battery with A/C to the charger.
To toast one of these chargers requires, well, I won't go there, as the things are foolproof, but only if instructions are followed explicitly.

Not goin there eh?

lol...you just about called me a fool anyway buddy......

But seriously...thanks for that....i now know how not to toast one of those:thumbsup:

....lol...where did i put those instructions....my bad

happy new year.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Not sure where or what it would take for the screen to "freeze up" as in cold temps, but I had mine out in minus 30 degree (f) weather the entire day (yes, outdoors, not in a shanty) and it performed flawlessly.
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #80 on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:29 PM »
Not goin there eh?

lol...you just about called me a fool anyway buddy......

But seriously...thanks for that....i now know how not to toast one of those:thumbsup:

....lol...where did i put those instructions....my bad

happy new year.

Ya, that was close but, I would also have put the label on myself, heard it takes one to know one.

All in fun ~ to hide a joke within the drivel, ha.

And, may this be the year all your wildest dreams come true.

Tom

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Jan 29, 2011, 07:01 AM »
I love mine too....   my fish take is way up  ;D

Negatives are the interference from other machines and for me (i bought the summer unit) the boat ducer is a PIA ..... i have it mounted on a tipup but it would be so much easier with the ice ducer.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.