Author Topic: Flashers  (Read 1260 times)

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
Flashers
« on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:40 PM »
FLASHERS.......Are these a good tool? I would only be using it  for lakers. Need one for 200, 300 feet of water.
What may some of you recomend as a good one. i Am thinking marcum. have both Vs820 colour and
black/white cameras and might as well stay with the brand. (good quality) Never owned a flasher so i donno.
Want to use it for finding out what depth the suspended trout are hanging out at. any suggestions be great
Thanx
Brad

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Flashers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:16 PM »
use the search button my friend this one has been beaten dead so many times search search search you will come up with a ton of info

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:25 PM »
FLASHERS.......Are these a good tool? I would only be using it  for lakers. Need one for 200, 300 feet of water.

Hey, yes they are a great tool.  If used consistently and properly, you will catch more fish.  I am afraid you are S-O-L on finding a flasher that can sound that deep though.  I'm pretty sure my Marcum goes down to 160' and I think Vexi's may be able to see 200'.  I'm not sure of the depth that the new HumminBirds can read, but I would be very surprised if it was greater than 200'.

Cheers,

shawno  8)

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 04:29 PM »
Have both a MarCum and a Vex. They both are great. Have never used either any deeper than 60 Ft. MarCum is 160Ft. range and Vex FL-20 is 200 Ft. Good Luck.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 06:09 PM »
if you need one for 300' of water then get a deep water vexilar FL-18. you should contact them to see about getting one. Marcum flashers only go to 160'.
Ken                                          

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 07:33 PM »
I'm just curious what do you need one that deep for ?

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Ya, you can send a unit back to Vexilar and they will tweak it to be a deep water unit.

Jim

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:19 AM »
Lakers. Got a shelf off of a hump. It goes down to 435 than flattens and slowly comes back to 150 fow. Just want to see what the trout doing at the depth off of the hump. So who sells the vexilar? Canadian company somewhere?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.