Author Topic: Caught a MORON !  (Read 2694 times)

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
Caught a MORON !
« on: Dec 07, 2022, 03:46 PM »
Every year some idiot rolls through my ice launch spot in a 4wd during muddy days & destoys it making it near impossible to access. This year after bagging my last deer. , i took my trailcams & climbing sticks to the launch, hoping to get a pic. ot this clown. Not only did i get clear pic. from 2 angles, this forty something emptied the trash can on the ground , lit up a joint & urinated on the outhouse door. Took the s.d. cards to the sheriff & from his reaction, I think he might have a history w/ this waste of human flesh.

A plea to all: When ya hit da hardwater this year, take a bag w/ya. If ya take more trash than you bring, you'e a sportsperson, if not your an unneeded liability.

Offline WALL E GATOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Caught a MORON !
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2022, 03:50 PM »
TRAIL CAM FOR THE WIN
FISH ON! and Tight Lines

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2022, 07:48 PM »
Unfortunately, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist.
Unless maybe they can hopefully get the EPA or Fish and Wildlife involved for some bigger penalties.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2022, 08:26 PM »
Unfortunately, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist.
Unless maybe they can hopefully get the EPA or Fish and Wildlife involved for some bigger penalties.

As much as I would like to see stiffer penalties for this kind of thing, it’s definitely not worthy for a Sheriff’s or an EPA or Fish and Wildlife response. At best you’re talking about littering, and public urination. Disgusting behavior, but hardly the crime of the century. Is your access spot on public land, or is it on private property? If it’s on public land, you really don’t have any real claim to it.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2022, 09:15 PM »
I've posted a couple of rants on another forum about the same launch a couple years back & the general consensus was, hope they catch the guy before they get frustrated & close the launch. No way is that acceptable, so i found a solution. I'm the guy that confronts litterbugs on the spot , because I'm tired of those who don't respect the fact that others use & enjoy it. This was a DNR launch & after the tickets & restitution to re-grade it, i don't think he'll be whipping it out in that lot anymore.
My point is that complaining about it in some forum does nothing, if ya figure out a way to shame a clown, then a result will follow.

Offline Brian VT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2022, 09:54 PM »
Good work.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2022, 09:58 PM »
Good job!
If nobody does anything these kinds of morons will never stop.
If we look at all of these types of incidents and say well they'll just get a slap on the wrist no need for me to do anything then nothing ever gets done.
I too have gotten to a point that when I see these kind of Acts occurring I will go over and talk to the person if I feel I can do so safely.
Because I've gotten way too tired of way too many fishing spots getting closed down because of idiots like this!
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2022, 05:46 AM »
Great work  :thumbsup: Even if he does only get a slap on the wrist, maybe he'll think twice and other slobs will hear about it.

I lost access to one of my favorite ice fishing ponds several years ago because of lazy buttnuggets leaving trash all over out there, so I know where you're coming from.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2022, 01:53 PM »
contact the EPO to see if they'd be interested in pursuing it

Offline PenguinIII

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2022, 06:13 AM »
Well said Ronnie, one bad apple makes us all look bad. I always bring a trash bag to pick up after these people. Empty beer bottles, worm containers, lure packaging, etc. pisses me off.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2022, 08:00 AM »
I've posted a couple of rants on another forum about the same launch a couple years back & the general consensus was, hope they catch the guy before they get frustrated & close the launch. No way is that acceptable, so i found a solution. I'm the guy that confronts litterbugs on the spot , because I'm tired of those who don't respect the fact that others use & enjoy it. This was a DNR launch & after the tickets & restitution to re-grade it, i don't think he'll be whipping it out in that lot anymore.
My point is that complaining about it in some forum does nothing, if ya figure out a way to shame a clown, then a result will follow.

:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2022, 08:09 AM »
We lost a good private lake access here in Michigan because of a few slobs.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2022, 08:23 AM »
We lost a good private lake access here in Michigan because of a few slobs.

Could be 1 of em' Jimmy.
That launch is about 1/2 hr drive from your neck of da woods.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2022, 08:35 AM »
Could be 1 of em' Jimmy.
That launch is about 1/2 hr drive from your neck of da woods.
Very well could be.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2022, 08:55 AM »
We lost a VERY well used ice fishing reservoir here in Utah with free machine access due to the same type of behavior.  It is a USFS reservoir and USFS re-negotiated the contract to have the concessionaire keep machine access open year-round now for a daily access fee of $18 per machine.  And my lifetime access card doesn't work when a concessionaire is running the facility.  I no longer fish the closest to my house (30 minutes through city traffic) yellow perch factory.   >:(

The trashers/vandals that caused it should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail.   ;)
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2022, 09:07 AM »

If you run out of idiot slobs over there we can send you a few truckloads---free!
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline ice rod fan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2022, 08:39 PM »
Many years ago,when I first came to Hayward,WI.,in the late ice period,I was on Grindstone Lake.There were several tar paper shanties lefton the ice,with everything from empty beer cans, bottles,girls panties,cigarette butts,the piece of crap shanties themselves,etc.These are used by the local natives in the winter to fish/spear unlimited amounts of fish.To top it all off,a few miles down the road there was a big billboard along the highway,advertising the LCO Reservation,that stated "Honor are lands and waters".Yeah,right!!

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2022, 04:58 PM »
Many years ago,when I first came to Hayward,WI.,in the late ice period,I was on Grindstone Lake.There were several tar paper shanties lefton the ice,with everything from empty beer cans, bottles,girls panties,cigarette butts,the piece of crap shanties themselves,etc.These are used by the local natives in the winter to fish/spear unlimited amounts of fish.To top it all off,a few miles down the road there was a big billboard along the highway,advertising the LCO Reservation,that stated "Honor are lands and waters".Yeah,right!!

I concur, over the years some of the places they occupy and frequent looks like Red Foxx's garbage dump.  In the fall they would spotlight deer, shoot them and leave them to rot and feed the crows.

Offline Toothhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2022, 08:55 PM »
gotta love some good old fashioned trail cam justice.  Well done, hopefully the sheriff handles it and you won’t have to worry about the shenanigans moving forward.  Was he alone…? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.