Author Topic: NWRI observations  (Read 1993 times)

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
NWRI observations
« on: Feb 04, 2022, 08:28 AM »
Went by Waterman's in the a.m. yesterday and there was a lone guy out there. Ice was/is good here on Bowdish. We have a lot of slush as it has been above freeze for the better part of 3 days. I'll give a report further than that if I can limp out this afternoon and Spud/Auger. Most of the snow on the ice has gone to slush so the refreeze will be funky. Keep you guys posted now that I can get my foot in an Ice Fishing boot.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
Re: NWRI observations
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2022, 01:19 PM »
NW Ice update - as of 2 pm Saturday - Bowdish has a layer of "safe" ice then a layer of about 3-4 inches of unfrozen water, then a skim of about 1 inch of new refreeze ice on top. Could not get out far enough to sink an auger as I kept breaking through the top layer of skim.  I suspect if the temps hold below freezing today and over night there might be enough to get solid but I'm going to guess with out temps getting in to single digits overnight that 3-4 inch layer of water will still not be frozen by tomorrow. I'll check tomorrow a/m. and update. Sketchy at best in my opinion...

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Bowdish is tight today. a good 10-11 inches of ice and a lot of noise. same with Wilsons.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2022, 02:37 PM »
Thanks for all the updates. Similar story on my side of the state. Hoping this rain and warmer temps doesn't completely destroy it. Gunna try get out tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2022, 02:43 PM »
Checked a few places today in northern RI, ice is holding up really well. Nice and solid. Gunna get out tomorrow morning before it melts even more. Warm end of the week coming up.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2022, 11:15 AM »
Bowdish Still tight with about 10 inches of ice.

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2022, 06:51 PM »
Good to know, I hit the small neighborhood pond this afternoon had 8"-10" of ice, could tell it was starting to get soft on top though. Gunna try go somewhere first thing in the morning. I hope it lasts til the cold snap comes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.