Author Topic: First Outing on the Hardwater  (Read 4942 times)

grumpymoe

First Outing on the Hardwater
« on: Nov 23, 2004, 08:05 PM »
sitting patiently....er.....no t....for this coming saturday when i get the shanty out at least to the shoreline....i will include shots of taking it out onto the ice and setting up for the first session of this season....post your pics and thoughts here....and may this one be the best ever....Grump :tipup:

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: First Outing on the Hardwater
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2004, 04:17 AM »
ok then im on my way ....DAD!!!

camo_fish

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2004, 05:00 AM »
I still got 3-4+ weeks to go.  :'(

grumpymoe

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2004, 06:42 AM »
more great news from this neck of the woods...overnight low was -4F and about 1/2 inch of fresh fluffy snow....the remainder of the week is pretty much the same...Grump ;D ;D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2004, 07:07 AM »
Technically this is going to be my second trip today went on the 13th.I'm just getting my gear ready and should be out the door in a half an hour hopefully I can get a couple of eyes for the pan.I'll let you guys know how I make out when i get back. Hopefully :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  ;D

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2004, 11:03 AM »
already been out a couple times hopefully get out two or three times this week yet.
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2004, 11:52 AM »
You guys are killing me.  Probably another 3 or 4 weeks for me. ??? Let's see some pics when you get them.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline RC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2004, 08:03 PM »
hey grump you think lake dauphin be safe by sunday :thumbsup:

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2004, 08:21 PM »
got out today and manage four nice splake lost my fair share too.

Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

camo_fish

« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2004, 09:18 PM »
 ;D awesome  ;D those look like brookies, to me :-\ ???..they look mighty tasty too. ;) I hate it, still got a good 3 weeks still to go for ice.  :'( Awesome pictures, so colorfull.  :D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2004, 10:50 PM »
Beauties mp!! Sorry i don't have pics but i went out and caught 11 fish today. 5 pike biggest one was 24'' and he nailed  a 1/32 oz jig with half a minnow on the drop!! and managed 6 perch as well no eyes this time :'( but awsome day had a doe cross where i was fishing not more than 50yrds away pretty cool! and a mink tried to snatch my minnows when i wasn't looking ::) cute little guy!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2004, 12:39 PM »
Well I think Meadoman is officially the iceshanty's.com first member to post a catch for the 2004/2005 ice fishing season!! :thumbsup:

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Right on MeadowPikeman.....beau ties for sure....Trophyhunter got out on the 13th and caught a 7" pike....no pics either...likely the camera couldnt focus that small....right TH....MP....keep those beauties coming for the members to drool over.....might be awhile for some of our friends to the south...Grump :tipup:

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2004, 01:24 PM »
Way to go th. That is sweet that you caught a few. Hopefully go out on sunday if you are around. Hunting on saturday but call you tonight.
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline mjc2799

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2004, 01:31 PM »
Love the fish pics ... keep em coming for us guys without any ice yet ....
Git - R - Done !!!

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2004, 10:20 PM »
I am jealous guys. I got tired of waiting for ice and took the boat out yesterday and caught 15 walleyes. It was a little chilly, but no -4. I can't even get my dam fridge to make ice. I think my gas auger might get the winter off. Hey Moe, hot any xtra rooms for rent? I might have to come live with you for the winter... ;)

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

grumpymoe

« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2004, 09:12 AM »
Fozsey....its been about a dozen years since the last one left....it would take a pretty good offer!!!!! so.....how much??? :unsure:...Grump

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2004, 10:58 AM »
I was kind of partial to your Lucky Brews while I was there. I could fill my sled up and we might have enuf for the winter... ;D

Been thinking about coming up to Lee's cabin in January to get some Lakers through the ice. I wasn't thinking too seriously, but if this keeps up I am going for sure....I can't remember if I talked to Lee about driving on the ice at Whitefish Bay or not. I do remember him saying he used snowmobiles, but I can't recall if he drove or not. Any thoughts?

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

grumpymoe

Re: First Outing on the Hardwater UPDATE!!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2004, 11:38 AM »
Fozsey...pretty sure they drive on Whitefish bay....if i am not mistaken, there might be a winter road there.....there's a spot on LOTW they call the triangle......dangerou s place anytime in the winter....but lakers for sure would be awesome....and not very far from a few good other spots for them as well...let me know if you decide to do it....i know Dirtball would jump in.... :tipup: :tipup:...Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.