Author Topic: 6.5 X 14 drop down construction pics  (Read 4380 times)

Offline FrozenFingers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beaver Dam's Rule
6.5 X 14 drop down construction pics
« on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:00 AM »
I did not make this shack but purchased it from the guy that did, he documented the whole process and took pictures. I set up a quickie webpage if anyone is interested in ideas it might help.

http://archeryproshop.com/ice/index.htm

Rich

Offline KGrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 6.5 X 14 drop down construction pics
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2007, 12:08 AM »
impressive!

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2007, 09:50 AM »
wow what a awsome shack the best i have seen!!! what did you have to spend to have something like that?

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Hey Dad, it's cold, put another log on the fire"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2007, 10:45 AM »
I did not make this shack but purchased it from the guy that did, he documented the whole process and took pictures. I set up a quickie webpage if anyone is interested in ideas it might help.

http://archeryproshop.com/ice/index.htm

I am very familiar with the process involved in building a quality item like your shack.  I built one to similar specs 4 years ago.  Unfortunately I didn't document the process as well with the camera.  My shack in 8'x16' but does not have the drop down wheels.  I hadn't even heard of them in 02 when I was drawing up the plans for my shack.  An enviable addition I wish I had on mine now. 

I wonder whether you have 110V wired in as well.  If not, how do you find the 12V system.  I decided to incorporate both, as it really wasn't alot of extra effort at the time.  I have also been curious how well those propane furnaces work and what the fuel consumption is.  I have a woodburning stove, but am seriously considering the addition of a furnace for nightime use.

There's nothing in place of quality construction.  It looks like you should have years of dependable service.  Congrats~!  ;D

The Chewster

Offline FrozenFingers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beaver Dam's Rule
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2007, 03:13 PM »
wow what a awsome shack the best i have seen!!! what did you have to spend to have something like that?

It is not wired for 110V but it has 2 deep cycle batteries and we added 2 15 watt solar panels and a charger/controller to it and it keep them up nice. It also came with a charging system that hooks to my truck that charges it while it is being towed or whenever your truck is running.

I have never really watched the gas use much, we seldom even empty out one tank on overnighters. The thermostat keep it with in a few degrees of what ever you have it set to.
Rich

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2007, 04:16 PM »
It is not wired for 110V but it has 2 deep cycle batteries and we added 2 15 watt solar panels and a charger/controller to it and it keep them up nice. It also came with a charging system that hooks to my truck that charges it while it is being towed or whenever your truck is running.

I have never really watched the gas use much, we seldom even empty out one tank on overnighters. The thermostat keep it with in a few degrees of what ever you have it set to.

Thanks for the reply.  I think I'll install the furnace over summer.  It's hard to get up and stoke the fire every couple hours on the overnighters.  Enjoy your shack :thumbsup:
The Chewster

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2007, 09:33 PM »
Very nice if you would what does something cost , ball park is fine so I can talk a friend into buying one . :P

Live to fish forced to work

Offline FrozenFingers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Beaver Dam's Rule
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2007, 09:44 PM »
When I bought it it was a year old and I paid $6500. I used it quite a bit this winter and was amazed at how little gas it uses. I did end up wiring it for 110 so we can watch dvd's and use the microwave :)
Rich

Offline MNfisherman5r

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ssshhhh! Not now I'm fishing.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2007, 09:41 PM »
"My shack in 8'x16' but does not have the drop down wheels.  I hadn't even heard of them in 02 when I was drawing up the plans for my shack.  An enviable addition I wish I had on mine now." -chewster

what do you use? im trying to build one but i think skies would be a little useless on a 6'x10'.

Offline chewster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2007, 02:28 PM »
"My shack in 8'x16' but does not have the drop down wheels.  I hadn't even heard of them in 02 when I was drawing up the plans for my shack.  An enviable addition I wish I had on mine now." -chewster

what do you use? im trying to build one but i think skies would be a little useless on a 6'x10'.

My shack just sits on its wheels about 16" off the ice.  I drop in buckets and build up snow around them to seal out the wind.
The Chewster

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2007, 02:41 PM »

My 6x12 sits on 2 skids made of 3 inch round pipe. An atv can move it effortlessly if it has chains on.It does lack in ground clearence so ifthere is alot of snow you need more power to pull it.I did build a little trailer for it this yr though so deeper snow is not an issue.

Offline MNfisherman5r

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ssshhhh! Not now I'm fishing.
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2007, 08:07 PM »
ok thanks i think skids should work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.