Author Topic: clam 5600  (Read 1200 times)

Offline duketter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
clam 5600
« on: Sep 24, 2004, 02:45 PM »
Ok, that other fish house I was wondering about was sold....but here is my other question.  Who has a Clam 5600 on here that can tell me a little about it.  I am wondering if it fits 2 people comfortably?  There is 2 of us that go all the time so does it work for 2 people or is it too small?  Also, how does it do on windy days, how do you anchor it?  Any other pluses or minuses about it?

Thanks!!!! ;D

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: clam 5600
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2004, 03:40 PM »
Duke,

I've got a 5600, and yes, it does fit 2 people comfortably.  I only use it when the wife comes along, but when she goes, so do the big comfy folding chairs, mr. heater, etc., and I still have plenty of room.  It sets up quick, takes down quick, and the sides dont come in but a few inches in the heaviest wind.  I've never had to anchor it becase we usually have so much snow where I'm at that I usually just dig it down a few inches and it not going to move.
However, unless you have a quad or snowmobile, I would look at one of the sled-bottom flip top shanty's.  If there is any snow at all, it is like pulling a snowplow behind you, which is never fun to do.

Offline ChapstickCharlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2004, 10:41 PM »
I bought a 5600 last year and I will tell you one more thing you might not realize about it. There are holes in all 4 corners, however the 2 larger holes are set so that 2 people have to sit facing opposite ways to use them, AND with that situation there is no way anyone can utilize the other 2 holes. They end up under your seat. Man I got a headache just getting that one out.
An honest mans' pillow is his peace of mind.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2004, 11:01 PM »
I had an old 5600 that was not as well made as they are now. More of an engineering thing than quality. But they are designed for two folks. You can fish 3 but you wont need a heater then cause you will be rubbing against each other enough to keep warm. We caught some fish from ours but flipovers are much better if you have that option. Good Luck
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.