Author Topic: Clam Ice Shanty  (Read 1549 times)

MackAttack

Clam Ice Shanty
« on: Mar 14, 2004, 09:21 AM »
Looking for a new Ice shanty for next year.Anyone familiar with the Clam shantys? The Fish Trap Guide in particular. Been looking at it at Thorne Bros but the shipping has me a little spooked.Also, is there other possible places I should look?

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Clam Ice Shanty
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2004, 02:48 PM »
Try Gander Mtn, Fleet Farm or Cabela's. You may have one of those near you. They've probably got them on clearance if they have any left. The guide is a nice size for 2 people.

I just bought a Frabill Solo which in my opinion is better. It's a little narrower, but it's taller than the guide and I like to be able to stand up. It's listed at 67" high. I also think the seating system is better. It's modular and I'm going to buy an extra seat. That way, nothing's bolted to the sled and I've got flexibility to use with one or two seats. The seats are more comfortable and swivel. They've got a built in rod holder and drink holder (more important). The door opens left to right versus up and down. Small, but I prefer. And it props 1/2 open easier to use as a windbreak.

Just my 2 cents, but why I switched from a clam to Frabill. Good luck with your search. -cityfishin

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2004, 06:52 AM »
I havent used the flip style but we had a clam 5600 this year and getting a 6800 next year.  They are really good shanties.  They keep you very warm and out of the wind.

Offline PERCH_INC.

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE LITTLE ONES BACK
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 08:06 AM »
Fish trap guide is a good shanty. Lots of more- it's wt. is only 61#, pulls ez. I like it!!
MONSTER PERCH RULE ! !  

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.