Author Topic: striker bibs ?  (Read 19331 times)

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
Re: striker bibs ?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2012, 12:18 AM »
I emailed Sean to see if this problem has been corrected, still no reply. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm getting bibs for Xmas, but I'm woried about their stitching now.

I have the 2013 model and no such problem, everything is top notch!

Offline reddot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:35 AM »
I know they improved the Hardwater bibs, but does anyone know if they improved the Lite bibs?
I'm looking at the Lite bibs.  Did they ever have a problem with the Lites? Thanks

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2012, 07:44 AM »
looks like the ice lite bibs are the same as last years and i wore mine 5 times and they came unraveled.if you look at this season hardwater bibs they say new improved crotch panel doesnt say that for the ice lites.im not saying striker is good or bad i havent wore my suit long enough.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2012, 08:24 AM »
My new 2012/13 hardwater suit is great, tested to - 5F with high winds so far.  If I have to escape the bibs,  it will not be through the crotch.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 05, 2012, 01:35 AM »
I checked their website and they improved the crotch on the Ice Climate and Hardwater bibs only. I guess if you're only spending $159 on a pair of bibs and not $179-$199 you do not deserve extra quality. Wow, sounds like something Clam would do. Probably not getting the Ice Lite bibs now, so I guess it worked and I'll fork out the extra cash.  >:(

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 05, 2012, 07:12 AM »
I checked their website and they improved the crotch on the Ice Climate and Hardwater bibs only. I guess if you're only spending $159 on a pair of bibs and not $179-$199 you do not deserve extra quality. Wow, sounds like something Clam would do. Probably not getting the Ice Lite bibs now, so I guess it worked and I'll fork out the extra cash.  >:(

How do you know there was a problem with the ice lite crotch?

Offline Skinnybenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chasin' Only Monsters,Catchin' Only Bait
« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2012, 11:06 AM »
I haven't heard of anything wrong with the lite bibs it was just the regulars from last year and they had a problem with like 30 pairs of em (mine were one) with the crotch splitting on them but once they repaired it in less than a week i had em back and love em to death!!   they are way nicer than the AA suits when compared side by side
Give a man a Fish,Feed him for a day:Teach Him to Fish And He will Be Preoccupied the rest of his Life

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:07 PM »
my striker ice lite bibs must have been one out of the 30 pairs..yeah right.i dont think there was enough material to stitch together on my pair.im getting ready to try them out again this year and see how long they last.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:32 PM »
You're right, I do not know which bibs wear coming apart. So If everyone that posted crotch issues could tell us the style they had, we can find out. Still no word back from Sean @ striker. Thanks for all of your help guys.

Changed my middle name to "You should have been here yesterday".         Remember it's called fishing, not catching.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:01 AM »
I spoke with the guys from Striker and they said this was a problem with only about 30 pairs of bibs, so this is not a huge problem. I want to assure everyone that I would buy Striker Ice gear again in a heart beat. Thier Customer Service is excellent and that will make up for any issue they may have.
I hope you dont believe that bull about only 30 pair of bibs having this problem......he is trying to sell a product and is not going to tell you the truth.....there is probly over 30 guys on this site alone with this problem.....if you dont consider it a huge problem then maybE you will when yours fall apart.....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:35 AM »
I hope you dont believe that bull about only 30 pair of bibs having this problem......he is trying to sell a product and is not going to tell you the truth.....there is probly over 30 guys on this site alone with this problem.....if you dont consider it a huge problem then maybE you will when yours fall apart.....

Who are you trying to kid buddy! Striker customer service puts all other ice fishing apparel companies to shame, and the quality control and general quality is the best in the biz, ask 99.9% of people who own them.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 10, 2012, 08:55 AM »
EyeHi,

Do you own a Striker suit?  If so which one?  Did you have any problems with them?  If so did you contact Striker to find out about how to get them fixed?  Where they fixed to your satisfaction?      Sounds like customer service, which is what you will get from Striker.

Just a happy customer   ....  not Mr. Negative
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:31 PM »
EyeHi,

Do you own a Striker suit?  If so which one?  Did you have any problems with them?  If so did you contact Striker to find out about how to get them fixed?  Where they fixed to your satisfaction?      Sounds like customer service, which is what you will get from Striker.

Just a happy customer   ....  not Mr. Negative
Yes i do own a suit and had a problem with the stitching on the bibs.....they have been repaired but have not had a chance to try them out yet.....i am not trying to be negative just want other customers and fellow fisherman to know there has been a defect in the bib stitching......persona ly i expect better quality when i spend 400 $.....
Budweiser pro staff

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2012, 06:43 AM »
Yes i do own a suit and had a problem with the stitching on the bibs.....they have been repaired but have not had a chance to try them out yet.....i am not trying to be negative just want other customers and fellow fisherman to know there has been a defect in the bib stitching......persona ly i expect better quality when i spend 400 $.....
same here..

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2012, 08:47 AM »
I have the new Hardwater suit.  The bibs are well built this year.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2012, 02:35 PM »
I heard back from Shawn today:
The crotch issue was minimal (under 2%), but it has been taken care of nevertheless. Another item to note is the “crotch seam issue” only appeared on the heavy bib not the Lite bib. I hope this answered your questions and eased your concerns. If you have other questions feel free to ask. I’m back from the string of ice fishing shows and plan to be in the office through Christmas.

Offline kevt528

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 23, 2012, 12:35 AM »
I have the Striker lite suit, didn't pay anywhere near $400 for it, no quality issues with mine last year i used it quite a few times, lots of walking, bending and kneeling down.

Striker Ice Lite

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 23, 2012, 04:04 PM »
i bought the striker lite suit 2 years ago. did not get to use it last year(no ice).saw the issues people were having with the seams in the crotch area.emailed shawn at striker this year about this.he said it was with the regular suit and not the lite but if i had any problems they would take care of it.seems to be good customer service to me.hope to try out suit soon.

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 23, 2012, 04:17 PM »
I don't have a Striker suit. I have a competitor's suit and I have not had a problem with it after 4years of service. Not having to call customer service is good service.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 24, 2012, 08:27 PM »
Just unwrapped my Hardwater bibs, and they have placed an extra panel of fabric over the crotch and inner thigh area. They had a quality control problem, or design flaw and they solved it. I'm happy with the bibs, looking for ice now.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 08, 2013, 01:00 AM »
I've had my Hardwater bibs out on the ice a few times now and let me tell you they are warm! My only complaint is the padding in the knees, my Ice Armor bibs had high density or closed cell foam and it offered more cushion between you and the ice. Overall a great product, and will be looking to get the jacket hopefully on sale at the end of the season.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 10, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Yooper77,

I find the knees are well padded for me in the Hardwater bibs.   You must kneel a lot praying for a fish while I stand and pray.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline Maizen

• IceShanty Rookie
  • live in Canton Mich grew up on clarklake
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:38 PM »
I had the inside lining rip out on the crotch of my lite bibs.  sent Shawn a email he sent me a reply rite back it was just before the Detroit fishing show so I talked to him there
(great guy) and he took them back to repair then. so it saved shipping cost on my part . while he was looking them over he discovered i had cut the knee with my auger and he had it repaired for me also so i will have to give striker A+++++ for customer service . i would recommend Striker ice to anyone as the features they have designed into their products are second to none

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I kneel on the ice to pray so much that I do not even need to drill holes anymore.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 24, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Is Striker on strike??  e-mailed them first of week, no response. called twice yesterday and left message.  Called again this morning have problem with stitching on my bibs.  I have heard of great service and I am sure they are busy, I use these every day and will await their call.

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Just following up on here...  I have the LITE bibs from last year and I did have the seam come undone on the crotch ON THE INSIDE LINER.  As I stated earlier, I had no problems dealing with Shawn and the problem was resolved and bibs returned with in days.  To this day, the repair has held up and I have used them a lot.  It sounded like there was a design flaw or possible bad batch and the issue was addressed.  I believe Shawn is a stand-up guy and the Striker company is first class.  They listen to what their customers have to say, what they demand, and make the changes.  For instance, while talking with him on the phone, I suggested that the straps were too long on the bibs and I felt like the bibs sat too low, that they should come up higher on the sides and back.  From what I can tell, it looks like he made those adjustments to this year's Hardwater model and I would like to believe the changes will be coming to the Lite model next year.  If I lost my suit today I would buy one tomorrow, I think they are going to set the standard for ice suits in the years to come.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2013, 03:59 PM »
  Got ahold of Jim @ Striker today and he said they had a small percentage where this happened, to send them back and it will be a 1-2 day turnaround.  They will fix it better than it was, so cant wait to get them back.  Went in my old carhart bibs today and noticed a helluva difference in temp.  Also dont kneel on ice with carharts they are like a sponge.

Offline sportsmenoftheyear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 28, 2013, 06:59 PM »
Anyone have Shawns # I need to contact about the ripping crotch of my bibs... I think there were more than '30 that were bad.'  Probably worn them 6 times before the crotch just tore apart.  PM me or post on here thanks!

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Jan 29, 2013, 02:45 AM »
651-788-9858  They received mine Monday told me 1-2 days.

Offline Yooper77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 29, 2013, 10:22 AM »
My new Hardwater bibs have a patch of fleece covering the inside crotch area. I have to give it to Striker, when they have problems, they make design changes for the next model. Making the best bibs in the business takes time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.