Author Topic: Hard case: Deluxe ice rod case or new Scheel’s/Plano ultimate case  (Read 7525 times)

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
I don’t disagree...but I need it to be something I can take in my shack or in a permy with buddies and still protect my gear. Also, I am not handy with tools or have the time needed to build something like that on my own.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I don't disagree with your points .. I don't like my plano bow cases I have had for years the egg crate foam on a hard side plastic cases couple straps to hold the bow in.. that's why I just bought a Allen hybrid x case for my new bow.. I had the string cut by a broad head in one of my plano cases cause the arrow storage is inside with the bow.. plus the latches don't line up etc etc .. more time fumbling with the latches then actually hunting lol's  I paid probably $20 a case umteen years ago.. and now these cases are almost $100.00. Are they worth the 100 heck no!!  that's why I am saying some thing about this case at link below...  its half the price and does same job as a 100 + cases plus it has a shoulder strap..  so if carrying other stuff in the perment shanty like a sleeping bag you can the the case on your shoulder.. I do agree that you should store them in a hard side case but I just letting you know I would not pay 100 let alone $130 for some thing you can get for $50 like the Flambeau or egale claw cases.. not saying that the roto molded Cades are not worth 100 is why I don't disagree with you but 100+ to protect rods ??  But how many $100+ are in that case .. also look at how hard it will be to get that middle tackle box out??  with  your rods in that case on thd roto molded cases??

https://www.reedssports.com/trophy-angler/trophy-angler-hybrid-hard-sided-ice-rod-case-274150

If looking to spend 100 I would look at lake wood or skb cases like this at this link..there cases are made better them most out there.. just a heads up ..

https://www.lakewoodproducts.com/product/ice-pole-caddie/

Also check out skb only problem is I know it's not cheap probably $300+

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=19&pid=212

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
SKB case is interesting.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
SKB case is interesting.

Ya they are but very expensive.. the 4213-12 i series wich is a smaller case sells for $320 on amazon and there skb salt water tacklw boxes sell for $270 to $320 .. heck look at roto molded coolers there expensive too..  you go to look at what your about to buy though.. the $150 case and if it's 300 think that half of it.. but is it really worth the extra cost?? Would be nice to store the auger in the bottom of the skb case in the sled and maybe your drill and a few tip ups??  But got yo weight the costs..

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Yea...I’m not spending $300-$400 on a case.  The eagle claw and flambeau cases are something to think about,
But I’m back to probably buying the Plano/scheels hard case.  I’ll check them both out at an upcoming weekend ice fishsing show and make a purchase.

Offline Biglaces83

• IceShanty Rookie
I would only buy the Lakewood case if you want to carry 3 rods with folding reel handles. Was really hopeful for the rod caddie to fit my needs as i wanted to stay away from a large case like the otter or scheels. I recently purchased the Lakewood case and found it too be small and not able to put inline reels in the case without it bowing and tough to zip shut. I returned the case and found this forum to figure out what to try next.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
Bought the Scheels/Plano hardcase, will share my opinion after the season. Thanks!

Offline Biglaces83

• IceShanty Rookie
Bought the Scheels/Plano hardcase, will share my opinion after the season. Thanks!

That is what I picked up this Saturday, St Cloud had them on sale for $99. First impression its big and heavy, but has all the room and storage for lures as well. time will tell.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.