The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St. Paul Ice Fishing show - typical OEM discounts/sales/specials  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Mark Wo

• IceShanty Rookie
So I am going to be buying a pop up shelter that I can just keep up north rather than hauling my Otter flipover all over the place.  I have been looking at the Otter XTH Pro Lodge.  Or Shappell if they come out with something new.  My question is one around when should I purchase it?  Right now they are all $349 everywhere that has them in stock.  What can I expect to pay at the ice fishing show approximately  Just trying to determine if it is worth the wait.

Thanks -

Mark

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
typically at the show you will get 10% to 15% off retail. the best price can be had by shopping the vendors against each other. also cash is king at the show and can get you a better deal at someplaces when paying in cash. Thorne Brothers, Reeds, Marine General, & Joe's are the big four retailers at the show.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline SIMESMASH

• IceShanty Rookie
St. Paul ICE SHOW!!! What are you looking for?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2017, 07:54 AM »
Guys and Gals!

Lets get some chit chat going about one thing I look forward to every year! What is everyone looking for this year? Either interested in, going to buy, need to check out before pulling the trigger.

I am going to buy some Widow Maker Jigs for sure! I am a huge fan. Other than that I might look into a custom rod, if anyone has opinions on these let me know!

I cannot wait to see what you are all looking at! That way I don't miss anything!

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: St. Paul ICE SHOW!!! What are you looking for?
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:17 AM »
going for my first time, I will be looking for jigs I have never seen, and a custom rod or two for sure. I will be looking (but not buying) at the new humminbird helix systems, and maybe a one man flip hut. I will be looking at the wheel houses just to see them in person as we can't use them here in CO.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ebay, just last week picked up a frabill hub for $90 NIB and free shipping.  Also craigslist is a good place to look this time of year

Offline SIMESMASH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:31 AM »
There is a lot to look at! It is like being a kid in a candy store! I could spend so much money there!

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:37 AM »
Wish there were shows like this in the northeast. I've gotta make it out here for this show in the future.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:39 AM »
There is a lot to look at! It is like being a kid in a candy store! I could spend so much money there!

Yeah I hear you, I'm taking a certain amount of cash and when it's gone I will then break out the CC  ;)

Offline SIMESMASH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2017, 09:47 AM »
That was me last year haha! Last year I bought a ton of jigs, a couple poles and and icefishing innovations case haha!

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Is anyone attending the Blaine Hard Water Expo (http://www.nscsports.org/hardwaterexpo) today through Sunday? I will be working the 3 days at the Kenders (https://www.kendersoutdoors.com/) table. You can find us located within the Thorne Bros. booth. Come say hey (my name is Mitch) and check out some Tungsten Ice Jigs and Apparel if you're going to be in attendance.

Offline SIMESMASH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Mitch, is Kenders going to be represented at the St. Paul Show also?

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey guys- just curious............... ..............is there usually fishable ice around St. Paul during the show?  My buddy and I were talking about the possibility of driving out there in the future to see the show and stay for a few days to fish in your great state if there is safe ice! Probably would not drive all the way out there from the east coast just for the show, but if we could do the show AND fish, it would be worth the drive!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Depends on the year and the weather, this year was borderline. Could find some decent ice if you new where to look. Last couple years you would have had to drive a good 2+ hours north. Several years back you could fish just about anywhere.
Da Pack!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ok- guess we just have to wait for the right year! Thanks!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Some of the deals that show up here in the forum are a lot better than the show. Snatched a Otter XTH pro lodge for $279 (the new year model) the same weekend at Scheels in store. Everybody else wanted $349, with some going to their rock bottom of $299.

Offline littlepineguy

• IceShanty Rookie
OP - I don't know if you're still looking for an XTH, but I saw they were on sale for $249 at L&M yesterday.  If you have one in your area I'd check that out.  If not, I'm happy to run over there and pick one up for you, just let me know.

Offline Mark Wo

• IceShanty Rookie
OP - I don't know if you're still looking for an XTH, but I saw they were on sale for $249 at L&M yesterday.  If you have one in your area I'd check that out.  If not, I'm happy to run over there and pick one up for you, just let me know.

Picked one up a short while ago for under $250 from Marine General.  $18 to ship to my front door.  Picked up the Clam Hub light and made a carry case for it out of the big bait puck and a magnet to attach to the top of the hub.  Got some USB5V - 12V adaptors that hopefully will power the light from a Marcum shuttle.  Hopefully I'm good to go when I try it out.

Went out Tuesday on Forest Lake.  Tons of fish marked on the fish finder but we couldn't get them to eat.  Used the old flipover as I don't have a sled to pull the hub out onto the ice.  In time.

Thank you for the offer to pick one up - sincerely appreciated.

Mark

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.