The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Season 2017-2018 - Rainy Lake Booked  (Read 2053 times)

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ice Season 2017-2018 - Rainy Lake Booked
« on: May 10, 2017, 05:48 PM »
My wife and I do an ice fishing trip each year for the past 3years. We have done LOTW, Upper Red and Devils Lake ND. This upcoming season will be #4 and we will be on the MN side of Rainy Lake for 2 days of fishing on 1/6/18 and 1/7/18. I open water fish Rainy Lake in early October and am looking forward to not only the ice fishing but the scenery in winter. We don't have a snowmobile and I don't want to risk the trip by taking the ATV only to find too much snow so we are booked with Rainy Daze Guide Service. I figure this will help me learn the lake for my October trips a little too (been going for 4yrs and haven't used a guide service)

Now....... we wait for next season  :icefish:

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Season 2017-2018 - Rainy Lake Booked
« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2017, 08:39 AM »
That will be a fun trip!! 

Superior Angling on youtube did a show this past winter up there catching smallies through the ice, one after another. Looked like a great time.

Offline woodyth

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IS there ICE YET!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2017, 05:34 PM »
I caught some of the biggest crappies of my life with Chris. Great guy, super knowledgeable. He will get you on the fish, you just have to catch them lol Good Luck!
Firemen do it best!
IX-XI-MMI NEVER FORGET!!!

PS3: WOODYTH:bang:

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm hoping we get into some decent walleye action early AM and later afternoon with some crappies for mid day. I know weather can play a factor but over a 2 day stretch, the fish have to eat sometime

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2017, 05:52 PM »
We fished with Chris 2 years in a row great trip each time ! Are you staying at his place ? If you are you’ll love it. Good luck !!
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2017, 05:24 AM »
Chris is is a top choice if doing Rainy.

You will have a blast!

WS

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2017, 07:24 PM »
We fished with Chris 2 years in a row great trip each time ! Are you staying at his place ? If you are you’ll love it. Good luck !!

We are staying at the Thunderbird Lodge. That is where I stay when I go up each October and also where Chris recommended since its close to his place

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2017, 06:15 AM »
We are staying at the Thunderbird Lodge.

A few years ago we stayed at the Thunderbird. At 2 am a guy opened the door from an a joining room shining a flashlight on us. He is lucky I wasn't carrying as we had no idea what was going on ???

A long story short, a tech guy was working on some computer issues and opened the door into our room by mistake. We had noticed the door when we checked in but there was just a normal key lock on it, no bolt to flip shut, so we didn't think anything of it. The guy looked like a deer in headlights when I jumped out of bed. We were at the Thunderbird for 2 nights, both complimentary after our experience.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.