The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lakeville Gander Mtn no longer sells minnows  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Buzz89

• IceShanty Rookie
Lakeville Gander Mtn no longer sells minnows
« on: Jan 26, 2017, 02:07 PM »
FYI, The Gander Mountain in Lakeville no longer sells minnows. They will only stock, crawlers, wax worms and leeches.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Lakeville Gander Mtn no longer sells minnows
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2017, 04:21 PM »
Unless they did things different then the one we have here, you aren't missing anything.

I can live with getting 12 minnows if you buy a doz. But when they put them in their hand and count them out and you end up with 10 :cookoo: I go elsewhere.

WS

Offline SlimShanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2017, 07:49 PM »
**censored**.  when did this happen and why?   i just bought some from there last week.

Offline Halvtaz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2017, 10:27 PM »
From what I was told it was a cost issue.  They were losing too much money and too many minnows were dying faster than they could be sold.

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Maybe if Gander wasn't $10-$50 higher than other stores for everything that they stock, they would get more foot traffic, more sales, and not have to worry about the little bit of overhead associated with a minnow tank.  I swear Gander worries about the dumbest things when it comes to how they stock and provide service at their stores.

Offline Tikkaman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Not a surprise, Woodbury gander hasn't had minnows available for a couple years.  I'd much rather support the local bait shops anyways.  There is a gas station in Hudson WI that let's you scoop your own

Offline AaronTC

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2017, 11:02 AM »
There's a shell station not far away in Burnsville that sells minnows.  I've only been once but I believe they still have them. I've seen signs up in the summer near Gander Mtn., maybe they put them out of business :) 
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Shell,+14801+Co+Rd+5,+Burnsville,+MN+55306/@44.7352445,-93.2977732,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87f63a2d2eb3699f:0x787cd7b62eddbe14

I wish Fleet Farm across the Hwy sold live bait, I spend more time there anyway than Gander.  All they typically have are grubs and nightcrawlers in a cooler.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.