Author Topic: Marmish,,, Or What?  (Read 882 times)

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
Marmish,,, Or What?
« on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:24 PM »
just got a marmish rod from a buddy who gave it to me.   i've been waiting for awhile but I got one now....   Anybody have any tips?    Just spooled it up wth some flouro carbon 2# test.  Hope that was a good move. 
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marmish,,, Or What?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Just keep using it.  Never Ceases to amaze.  Just flip the people off that laugh at you for using it.  It is great!

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:15 AM »
I bought two at the St. Paul Ice show last year, and I love them!

Here are a few things to remember:

1.    The "reel" is not meant for reeling in fish.  It is only to store your line.
       when the spring bobber shows a strike, set the hook and then it is strictly hand over hand until you get the fish in.

2.     Do not over fill the reel, this creates a heck of a tangle if you do.

I like to keep the rod in my pocket, along with some bait and a few extra jigs in a pill bottle.
It's nice when I go see how my friends are doing in their permanent shacks, pull out my Marmish and catch a few before leaving.

They can laugh all they want.  These rods do have a time and place.

Wiener

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:16 AM »
Do not over fill the reel, this creates a heck of a tangle if you do.

that is important, I own a pair of them and made this error a few times. It looks high capacity, but dont fill it up.

Hook setting will take a bit to get use to, unlike a normal rod, you dont want to flick your wrist, I turn my wrist down and pull up, this takes the spring bobber out of the situation and allows for a better hook set.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.