Author Topic: WHAT WOULD YOU DO  (Read 14039 times)

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO
« Reply #60 on: Jan 14, 2012, 02:58 PM »
 ??? ???bump

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 14, 2012, 03:05 PM »
Consider yourself bumped....

Offline polartippah

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "TroyTMG" on MYFishFinder.com
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2012, 04:41 PM »
donation sent

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 14, 2012, 07:02 PM »
bumped

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 14, 2012, 08:30 PM »
bump

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #65 on: Jan 14, 2012, 10:12 PM »
END OF DAY STATUS: Sat 1/14/12    2600+ Hits on Post, 28 Pledges  (1% of visitors)

$855       Current Total Private & Public PLEDGES        Note: 5x recently pledged w/o saying amount

$705       TOTAL RECEIVED (Checks & Paypal)

Soooo grateful that even on the weekend when (who have ice) are fishing + football  playoffs ,etc  Men continue
to pick up the mantle to give Stewart a HAND UP!

Thanks for the donors, Thanks for the Supporters w/the bumps... keep up the great work!

I was fortunate to pick up a 2.5LB rainbow on a 40 acre lake today   
                 Stewart was not to be outdone - he iced a 2.75lb rainbow on the same lake!! 
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:23 AM »
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:05 AM »
bump

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #68 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:04 PM »
 ;D
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #69 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:19 PM »
I'm still working on the second of one of those companies for a donation.... :flex: ;)2
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #70 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:24 PM »
    Great day with Stewart out on 11 Mile Reservoir   Unfortunately, the Trout were somewhere else...

One (of the many) thing about our trip that resonates is the need for this chair.   We went out on a bay
    that had been frozen over and some huge winds came up and disrupted the ice to the point that it stacked
    up.  So what we had was a rough situation; too rough for the standard wheelchair.  Stewart BEING STEWART
    tackled it head on and attempted to wheel himself across the bay.  I sat there stunned at the tenacity he
    has / operates in.  He finally met the end of the road and it was time for something different.

He willingly slid over to my old school yellow Frabill sled and the sight had to be a comedy to some - I'm the
   pack mule pulling him seated on my sled (facing backwards) and he is holding on to his wheelchair...

Coboy was out there on the same bay and came to the rescue taking the auger off my shoulder and other stuff

Good times
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #71 on: Jan 15, 2012, 05:25 PM »
I'm still working on the second of one of those companies for a donation.... :flex: ;)2

If their smarter than a fifth grader - THEY WILL COMPLY WITH THE REBEL!!
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline andyrm66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Glad to help!

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 15, 2012, 08:44 PM »
God Bless You

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 15, 2012, 09:24 PM »
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #75 on: Jan 15, 2012, 10:54 PM »
                        THE PLEDGE PERIOD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!

Well Guys, you just have no idea how satisfied I am that other brothers have understood and responded to the
call to make a significant impact upon a good man's life.   Our time getting on & off the reservoir today was, well,
nothing short of exhausting for the labor involved and at the altitude we fished >9,000' !  During the haul of man
and gear, I could only imagine how Stewart would've more easily and independently glided across that mess of a
surface with his new/forthcoming chair.  As we traversed out and back across this wide bay, I was really huffing
and puffing on the outside, but smiling large on the inside knowing what's coming!!

Stewart is headed to Wisconsin at the end of the month to help a youngster (20 yrs old) get up into a copter with
the aid of the Aeroleg device.  And in true color, he's already planning on taking his ice fishing gear up there as he's
driving the whole route with his wife.  I'm expecting his auger and other gear to arrive sooner rather than later so
he's not dependent upon any person for his mobility and ice gear.

In wrapping this up, I admit that there's zero feelings of missing any set mark.  I was never certain to begin with
just how many would be impacted to the point of desiring to make a difference.  You proved to me the American
Spirit is alive and well and for that I'm both humbled and emboldened by your actions and sacrifice.

One last high note, another good man(like yourselves) - a NEW ENGLANDER - has been following this thread
and was so moved with compassion that he recently informed me he's decided to go all in with an anonymous
pledge up to the entire amount if / when it should be needed. 

To further show his character and as if that is not already over the top, he advised me that he would  still like to
give the full amount even if the donations were to come in for the full amount.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO to respond to such a person as this man of average means and to yourselves the
other men, likely of average means, who sent Stewart a meaningful gift / part of your earnings? 

In my heart of hearts, I personally desire to befriend him and you for life. With the distance between us I am honestly
unsure how that will or ever could play out...

Nevertheless, he and yourselves are a rare breed and indeed men I would be pleased to know and keep in touch with
for life.  As strange as it may sound to some - The money has nothing to do with forging a friendship with each of you,
the captivating point for me is the undeniable fact that you've all showed your character and courage from day one by
going all in - that is something I can relate to as does Stewart.

Please afford me another favor or two -
   Give yourselves the credit due for being the good men that you are
   Credit your folks who obviously instilled the gifts of hope and courage within you; they & you have done well
   I implore you to be inspired to continue to do this and greater works than this that you have taken part in!

GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY FOR THAT INDOMITABLE SPIRIT WITHIN YOU AND FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL SACRIFICE

Steven

PS   I have the address of those that sent something in via USPS, would each of the paypal donors PM me
       your address?  In the coming weeks, I have something I'd like to send to each person

KUDOS TO SHANTY'S OWNER AND THE MODS FOR ALLOWING THIS TO GO ON

Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #76 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:00 PM »
When is he coming to Wisconsin? Where in Wisconsin is he going to be? Would he be interested in meeting up with a IS Member and go out for some fishing?

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #77 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:03 PM »
When is he coming to Wisconsin? Where in Wisconsin is he going to be? Would he be interested in meeting up with a IS Member and go out for some fishing?

Hey Brother, last week of the month and I thought it was near Racine???  Not sure, but will find out and get back to you
with date, city, and his contact info (after he gets the chair).    YES, you'd rock his world if you were to connect with him!

THANK YOU!!
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #78 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:10 PM »
END OF DAY STATUS: Sat 1/15/12    2900+ Hits on Post, 33 Pledges

The below mentioned amounts are from the many individuals who stepped forward to give a hand up
and does not include the final anonymous gift for the full amount.  I will work with the donor to decide
how he'd like to work through this.  In the event he desires to go forward fully, we will apply your gifts
to buy additional modules for the chair, plus get him into a tent.  If that in any way is not your desire
for your gift PM me for a full no questions asked refund - SIMPLE AS THAT! No worries!

$920       Current Total Private & Public PLEDGES        Note: 5x recently pledged w/o saying amount

$770       TOTAL RECEIVED (Checks & Paypal)

Thanks to each and every donor
Thanks for the Supporters w/the bumps...

Please keep up the great work / pay it forward elsewhere!

Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #79 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:10 PM »
Will have to see what we can make happen

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #80 on: Jan 15, 2012, 11:15 PM »
God Bless You

Thanks, I receive that!
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #81 on: Jan 17, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Spoke with Tom @ Back2Sports.net   reportedly chair  MAY be done this Friday    :%$#!:
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 17, 2012, 12:01 PM »
That is awesome and Lord willing the fish will be biting Saturday ;)

Offline BuckyBadger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Jan 17, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Hey Brother, last week of the month and I thought it was near Racine???  Not sure, but will find out and get back to you
with date, city, and his contact info (after he gets the chair).    YES, you'd rock his world if you were to connect with him!

THANK YOU!!

Steven, I got your PM message as well,   when you find out where he will call his home base while in Sconnie we should have enough people on here that someone could take him out.  The towns you listed to me are a different location than Racine, so once we know the details we can make it happen.  Maybe a new thread in the Wisconsin section will help out the planning.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #84 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Steven, I got your PM message as well,   when you find out where he will call his home base while in Sconnie we should have enough people on here that someone could take him out.  The towns you listed to me are a different location than Racine, so once we know the details we can make it happen.  Maybe a new thread in the Wisconsin section will help out the planning.

Yep, the Racine call out was not right (on my part)  The PM info is accurate   Let me think thru the Wisconsin section
He'll be gone all next week and the chair should be shipping next week   And I'd prefer it to be a surprise   Stay tuned..

Owe No Man Anything...

Bullelk34

« Reply #85 on: Jan 17, 2012, 09:57 PM »
I didn't realize this was a surprise gift, wish I could be there to see it!

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #86 on: Jan 17, 2012, 10:08 PM »
Well, let me know where he's going to be at

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #87 on: Jan 18, 2012, 08:54 AM »
I didn't realize this was a surprise gift, wish I could be there to see it!

Unless he found shanty on his own, it'll be a surprise!  He keeps reminding me he wants help in figuring out a mod
to his chair  He's reluctant to do it as the chair's no longer made & one mistake creates cascading issues
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #88 on: Jan 19, 2012, 08:55 PM »
FIFTY NINE DEGREES TODAY   There's a lake upon a lake out here & tomorrow's supposed to be same temp + higher winds

Stewart was living his dream today - he used his HT Enterprises auger with my DeWalt 18V cordless and was able
to get out on the lake on his own (exhausted afterwards but he quickly forgot that after he got holes drilled in moments)

The wind was way too high(4x days in a row now) and the fish were really spooked   He picked up a Black&White video
camera at Harbor Freight and we could watch the fish swim in and swim right back out!  Every person we saw on the
lake was struggling and also very fortunate if they caught a single fish out there today.  Augers a'blazing all afternoon.

Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #89 on: Jan 19, 2012, 11:29 PM »
Glad you guys made it out! Pm me where Stewart is going to be in Wisconsin, see if I can make a fishing trip happen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.