Author Topic: WHAT WOULD YOU DO  (Read 14020 times)

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
WHAT WOULD YOU DO
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 03:26 PM »
                        THE PLEDGE PERIOD IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!

Well Guys, you just have no idea how satisfied I am that other brothers have understood and responded to the
call to make a significant impact upon a good man's life.   Our time getting on & off the reservoir today was, well,
nothing short of exhausting for the labor involved and at the altitude we fished >9,000' !  During the haul of man
and gear, I could only imagine how Stewart would've more easily and independently glided across that mess of a
surface with his new/forthcoming chair.  As we traversed out and back across this wide bay, I was really huffing
and puffing on the outside, but smiling large on the inside knowing what's coming!!

Stewart is headed to Wisconsin at the end of the month to help a youngster (20 yrs old) get up into a copter with
the aid of the Aeroleg device.  And in true color, he's already planning on taking his ice fishing gear up there as he's
driving the whole route with his wife.  I'm expecting his auger and other gear to arrive sooner rather than later so
he's not dependent upon any person for his mobility and ice gear.

In wrapping this up, I admit that there's zero feelings of missing any set mark.  I was never certain to begin with
just how many would be impacted to the point of desiring to make a difference.  You proved to me the American
Spirit is alive and well and for that I'm both humbled and emboldened by your actions and sacrifice.

One last high note, another good man(like yourselves) - a NEW ENGLANDER - has been following this thread
and was so moved with compassion that he recently informed me he's decided to go all in with an anonymous
pledge up to the entire amount if / when it should be needed. 

To further show his character and as if that is not already over the top, he advised me that he would  still like to
give the full amount even if the donations were to come in for the full amount.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO to respond to such a person as this man of average means and to yourselves the
other men, likely of average means, who sent Stewart a meaningful gift / part of your earnings? 

In my heart of hearts, I personally desire to befriend him and you for life. With the distance between us I am honestly
unsure how that will or ever could play out...

Nevertheless, he and yourselves are a rare breed and indeed men I would be pleased to know and keep in touch with
for life.  As strange as it may sound to some - The money has nothing to do with forging a friendship with each of you,
the captivating point for me is the undeniable fact that you've all showed your character and courage from day one by
going all in - that is something I can relate to as does Stewart.

Please afford me another favor or two -
   Give yourselves the credit due for being the good men that you are
   Credit your folks who obviously instilled the gifts of hope and courage within you; they & you have done well
   I implore you to be inspired to continue to do this and greater works than this that you have taken part in!

GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY FOR THAT INDOMITABLE SPIRIT WITHIN YOU AND FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL SACRIFICE

Steven

PS   I have the address of those that sent something in via USPS, would each of the paypal donors PM me
       your address?  In the coming weeks, I have something I'd like to send to each person

KUDOS TO SHANTY'S OWNER AND THE MODS FOR ALLOWING THIS TO GO ON

WHO IS THIS MAN?   - STEWART MACQUILLAN -  A VETERAN WHO FLEW OVER THE SKIES OF IRAQ

52 Year old Pilot  permanently disabled while fulfilling his service to God & Country
   THE FIRST paraplegic helicopter pilot and the first paraplegic copter pilot certified by FAA (US) & CAA (UK): 
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/527164/first_paraplegic_flies_helicopter/

Currently in Colorado - he volunteers (NO PAY) to  assist other Vets w/disabilities to get back in the air

WHO AM I:         STEVEN COOLEY   6905 ALPACA HEIGHTS  COLORADO SPRINGS CO  80908
                             719.494.1928 Mobile MT Zone     EMAIL:   [email protected]

HOW IS IT BEING PAID FOR:
  ABOVE AVERAGE, FAITHFUL MEN; ICE SHANTY FOLLOWERS ONE AND ALL

INFO ABOUT THE CHAIR BEING PURCHASED:
Built by Tom at http://www.back2sports.net  Grand Rapids Mi  616.451-4716

THANKS FOR INTEREST & PARTICIPATION! 
GOD BLESS YOU & THE SOLIDERS + VETS WHO PAY/PAID THE PRICE!!!

Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
I talked via phone to Steve last night, needless to say there will b a $20. bill in the mail Mon.
Steve- Indy

Bullelk34

I just sent you some money via paypal, and I want to thank you for what you're doing to help a fellow sportsman! Please shake his hand for me and thank him for his sacrifice, I can't imagine what he's been through.
 Also, please keep us posted as to when you get the needed total. It would be great to maybe switch over to help another person in need when this mission is accomplished.

God bless-
Carl

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just sent over $20 through Paypal, I am going to send you a PM with my info to make sure you got it.

You should put up a running total so we know how close we are to our goal.

$20 isn't a lot and it is going to a good cause, who knows if he will continue to ice fish with it being as tough as it is for him.

Lets make this happen!

EDIT: Just a thought...if we decide to keep this going maybe someone can make a special "badge" that we can put in our signatures that says something like "I donated." and then make it so you can click it to bring you to this thread or a link where they can donate to the cause.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
 My $20 bucks is on the way............ GOD bless you for what you're doing!! 

You and Stewart have an open invitation....... if you ever get to New York, you'll be the guests of me and my buddies for a day of either ice fishing or Ocean fishing off Long Island.  Just tell me when!

IceBalls

Offline chillinNgillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Check will be in the mail tomorrow.    All gave some Some gave all       FREEDOM ROCKS

Offline ducati

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'll be sending you $20 brother and I hope you are cool with me posting this info on the other site's I mentione earlier, they were just waiting for a account so that they could make there contribution.

Offline peevee

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey if you guys want to use paypal since it's a donation... when you fill out the amount and email, click on the personal tab and click gift. No fee deducted then.

Happy to help another aviator. $20 inbound.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
END OF DAY STATUS:  SUNDAY 1/8/12
$320  'PM' & Postings commitments       50/50 future paypal/personal check donations en route
  $60   Paypal receipts today
      ?   Additional commitments provided without mention of $ amt

I am sincerely encouraged & grateful to those who gave or are in the process of giving

Thanks in advance to those who are considering jumping on board

When all follow through on the above items, we will be close to 1/3 of the way funded
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bump for a new day!

EDIT: Thank you for the sticky!

Offline treadz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't wait for the Hardwater
Way to go!! Check will be in the mail in the morning!!
Work should not be so pressing as to prevent a day's fishing through the ice.
–The Old Farmer's Almanac, 1910

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
Re: HELP A DISABLED VET
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2012, 12:01 AM »
END OF DAY STATUS:  MONDAY 1/9/12
$420+  'PM' & Postings pledges       40/60 future paypal/personal check donations en route
  $60   Paypal receipts today

I am sincerely encouraged & grateful to those who gave or are in the process of giving
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline scant

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2012, 01:47 PM »
very nice

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2012, 02:08 PM »
Just sent you my $20 via paypal. Tell your friend thanks for his service and good luck out their on ice to both of you.

Offline Tosh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 10, 2012, 03:40 PM »
never used pay pal before but there should be 20 bucks (american) from canada on its way. good on ya for helping out a vet.

tight lines,
Tosh.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
« Reply #16 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:11 PM »
END OF DAY STATUS: Tue 1/10/12    1000+ Hits on Post, 15 Pledges since 1st day on IS site

$390       Current Total Private & Public PLEDGES   
  $90       Paypal receipts today

$200       TOTAL RECEIVED (Checks & Paypal)

$  90-      Pledges unlikely to be filled due to personal economic challenges
Owe No Man Anything...

Bullelk34

« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:29 PM »
Come on guys, lets help get this veteran/hero/sportsman back out where he belongs! Even if you can't do the $20.00, anything would help and you could Paypal just $5.00 if that's all you felt was comfortable for you. That's less than a value meal at your local McDonalds-

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #18 on: Jan 10, 2012, 10:47 PM »
 Should be $30 through PayPal
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:26 AM »
Just donated through paypal. this is for a great cause. anythng else i can do to help let me know.  :thumbsup:

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2012, 08:37 AM »
Buck1985   Bullelk34   hickgtx600f4   THANK YOU!!    Really appreciate what you just did!!

I SINCERELY APPRECIATE THAT EACH OF YOU (AND OTHERS) HAVE BEEN GENEROUS ENOUGH TO GIVE

The only other thing I could hope for is that you tell your buds and they have the same vision, determination,
resources & trust that you do & we get this done sooner than later --> cheerleadin' ain't my cup of tea..

Owe No Man Anything...

Offline switch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:46 PM »
Thanks for the time and effort you put into this Steven!

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2012, 01:51 PM »
Way to go! Thnx to you both  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2012, 02:43 PM »
Hey Switch & Zimmer    I get what you're saying and I see what you're doing to help  THANKS

As I've told others - I'm ordinary...  It's the active duty, the veterans and specifically vets like Stewart that seem
extraordinary to me   

They are going thru or have went thru the worst of it and choose to shake off limitations & live life fully 
THAT my friends is the stuff that impresses me.

God Bless
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2012, 09:20 PM »
END OF DAY STATUS: Wed 1/11/12    1500+ Hits on Post, 18 Pledges  (1% of visitors)

$515       Current Total Private & Public PLEDGES     

$365       TOTAL RECEIVED (Checks & Paypal)

$ 190-      Pledges  / not incl. in Current Total / unlikely to be fulfilled due to various persons' reasons/challenges

I WAS ASKED TO KEEP THIS OPEN LONGER THAN 48 HOURS
              - ON SUNDAY THIS WILL BE SHUT DOWN -

Owe No Man Anything...

Offline DRock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2012, 10:06 PM »
Come on people! I am a recent graduate at 23 years young with a massive amount of school loans yet I came up with $20 to donate directly towards a good cause.

Let's help a fellow fisherman reach his goal.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #26 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:17 AM »
Come on people! I am a recent graduate at 23 years young with a massive amount of school loans yet I came up with $20 to donate directly towards a good cause.

Let's help a fellow fisherman reach his goal.

DRock- this is the kind of post that humbles this 51 yr old to my core & explains why I'm shutting this thing down
             The lack of 65 donors in 5 days is starting to make me feel dirty inside like I'm soliciting a "hand out"
             Listen, you + other donors are at our best right now because  we're giving Stewart a hand up

God Bless you young man, you EVER need a hand I have your back
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #27 on: Jan 12, 2012, 12:29 AM »
well, I'm going to keep bumping this topic up and doing what it takes to get some more support. Common guys, I'm from Wisconsin, and I'll give up my bottle of jack for a couple weeks to pitch in the $30 I did. Has nobody fallen upon hard times and had somebody give them a hand before?
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO
« Reply #28 on: Jan 12, 2012, 11:40 AM »
Bump....already sent my $20 ....its a good cause

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: WHAT WOULD YOU DO
« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2012, 04:35 PM »
 :thumbsup: BUMP  :thumbsup:

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.