Author Topic: Gene's pond  (Read 1481 times)

Offline aaron21x2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gene's pond
« on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:22 PM »
My son and I fished it yesterday with ok results. 16 gills in the 7-9 inch size and about that many dinks. Fished in 12 fow with the fish coming thru in the 7 foot area. 24 inches of solid ice. Drive your truck anywhere. Wind was horrible!!

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
Re: Gene's pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2009, 04:14 PM »
Do have Pics ?  I go there allot.  My camp is only a couple of miles away.
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Offline Letha_Face

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2009, 10:51 AM »
What were you using to get them?

Offline aaron21x2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2009, 08:53 PM »
Sorry Ex. no pics of that excursion. I'll post some bluegill pics towards the end of March when I do my run to Gogebic county. Ex, have you caught any walleyes out of there? I've seen several come thru on the camera and set a few tip ups but largemouth seem to be the fish of the day. Guess I should make a solid effort and forget the gills and focus on them for a day. Letha, we always run a smorgasboard, wigglers, the tiniest perch minnows you can find and of course waxies. You will not get the volume of hits on the wigglers or minnows but the ones you get are usually much nicer fish. I've also found nicer fish in much shallower along the edge of cover in the 5-7 foot range.

Offline Exile

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cooking a Litlle Venie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2009, 03:06 PM »
I have heard there were walleys in there, but I have never seen any one pull one thru the ice.  But have seen some taked during the summer..  Back in the day that was a GREAT lake for crappies...  but over time have been over fished.
Only in the U.P.  (You can take man out of the U.P. but can't take the U.P. out of the Man)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.