New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373053 times)

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1560 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:04 AM »
The NYS Ice Pro-Am is coming to Chaumont Bay and Black Lake this year. Check out the tournament schedule and website for specifics. We're also looking for some high-placing fish to come from our northern anglers in the NYS Winter Classic Tournament!

We'd also like to get a weigh-in station for the Winter Classic in far Northern NY - any suggestions??
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline LargeMouthBaggins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1561 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »
Everytime you sign on here its all about Central NY lakes and ponds...How about a thread for those who fish northern Ny waters. I fish the st. Lawrence, black lake, Butterfield, Cranberry, Lake of the isles, grass lake, and red lake. I look forward to talking with you local anglers more than what is happening in syracuse or buffalo. December 15th last year was my first outing on Black Lake for first ice, lets hope these temperatures drop and we can hit it soon! Tight Lines!
How was the fishing in black lake for early ice?? I have fished black like for my whole 20 year life in the summer  but never ice fished it.  I just got into ice fishing last year and so far have only fished the Finger Lakes (which was an awesome time).  What kind of fish where catching and how many?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1562 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »
I am pulling this thread back up for the season, its getting to be about that time. I've got a few deer killed and I'm starting to shift gears.

Long time no talk for me and a lot of you guys, is ICE DOG 69 still around?? FISHFORPIKE? nypike??
Oh ya!  I'm here - skim ice spotted in the bays and coves of Black Lake this AM.  ;D
Looking forward to another great ice season.  Vowing to make it to HP this season.  @)

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1563 on: Nov 19, 2014, 11:13 AM »
We were supposed to leave? Lol. Still here and seeing quite a few ponds with skim ice also. Won't be long now.  @) @)

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1564 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:04 AM »
Oh ya!  I'm here - skim ice spotted in the bays and coves of Black Lake this AM.  ;D
Looking forward to another great ice season.  Vowing to make it to HP this season.  @)

Still havnt made the trip?? Im layed off my friend and its looking like another 2012 type season (50-60 days on the ice lol)

I'll meet you down to HP this winter! Although I prefer other places for big eyes, honestly.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1565 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:07 AM »
We've got some skim ice going, too. But we got blasted with the outer reach of that storm and got nearly a foot of snow in Colton. Go just north to Norwood and its a couple inches!!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1566 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:13 AM »
The NYS Ice Pro-Am is coming to Chaumont Bay and Black Lake this year. Check out the tournament schedule and website for specifics. We're also looking for some high-placing fish to come from our northern anglers in the NYS Winter Classic Tournament!

We'd also like to get a weigh-in station for the Winter Classic in far Northern NY - any suggestions??

I'll suggest Waddington area, again, located right on the river. I don't care to fish there, but it draws a good volume of fishing activity in the north. Perhaps Dan at Green Machine. Everyone knows it.

Offline Finders Keepers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Capt. Finders Keepers
« Reply #1567 on: Nov 20, 2014, 04:53 AM »
Green Machine is now an official weigh station for the Winter Classic!  @)
Tim Thomas
NYS Ice Pro-Am Corporation
President & CEO

Finders Keepers Sportfishing
Captain

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1568 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:02 PM »
Cool. Dan should like the extra business. If not, oops. Lol..

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #1569 on: Nov 21, 2014, 09:15 AM »
Man this cold weather is getting me excited. If things keep going this way I'll be on the ice when I come home for Xmas maybe even thanksgiving.  Like to fish the at Lawrence again.

Offline cnyiceboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Die hard
« Reply #1570 on: Nov 21, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Depending on where you live when you come home for Christmas you should defiantly be able to find ice to get on.
A good day fishing inst complete unless it's spent with family or friends.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1571 on: Nov 21, 2014, 09:17 AM »
We've got some skim ice going, too. But we got blasted with the outer reach of that storm and got nearly a foot of snow in Colton. Go just north to Norwood and its a couple inches!!

You had anymore luck during gun season ?

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1572 on: Nov 21, 2014, 11:48 AM »
Man this cold weather is getting me excited. If things keep going this way I'll be on the ice when I come home for Xmas maybe even thanksgiving.  Like to fish the at Lawrence again.

Thanksgiving will be pushing it. But Xmas should be good to go if you plan on fishing the same spot as last year.

My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my gear for what i said i paid for it.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1573 on: Nov 21, 2014, 12:14 PM »
Thanksgiving will be pushing it. But Xmas should be good to go if you plan on fishing the same spot as last year.

i won't end up bring my gear for thanksgiving I'll just hunt with my family instead. Last year the lake at my parents was good to go that Saturday afyer turkey day. But it was -negatives the whole day before that.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1574 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:15 PM »
You had anymore luck during gun season ?

i shot a decent 8 on the 19th. The tips of his main beams were bladed and kind of went out flat like spoons, pretty cool.

Kill any big ones down there? That half rack was pretty awesome.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1575 on: Nov 21, 2014, 09:18 PM »
i shot a decent 8 on the 19th. The tips of his main beams were bladed and kind of went out flat like spoons, pretty cool.

Kill any big ones down there? That half rack was pretty awesome.

congrats !  I shot a 8 at the end of October with my bow. He been hit by a car was all messed up.

If your over my Chateaugay lake around Xmas give me a shout. Go chase some dink perch lol

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1576 on: Nov 22, 2014, 01:20 AM »
congrats !  I shot a 8 at the end of October with my bow. He been hit by a car was all messed up.

If your over my Chateaugay lake around Xmas give me a shout. Go chase some dink perch lol

Most likely no more Chatty trips for me. I always went with my buddy Gavin and stayed at his dads. Unfortunately his dad passed recently. I would still like to get Gavin and his younger brother out there for old time sake this winter. I'll let you know for sure. Fill a pale of 5-8" perch on a hurry lol.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1577 on: Nov 22, 2014, 01:24 AM »
Oh and really nice 8 congrats!!! I'll be switching back to the bow for late muzzleloader, ill be on doe patrol!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1578 on: Nov 24, 2014, 03:14 PM »
Well my two older brothers dumb and dumber were on there way down to work in Poughkeepsie area early this morning. Somehow they managed to roll the car, totaled it. One of them managed to make it out with bruises and scrapes, the other broke his neck. Waiting to get an MRI result to see if he needs an operation. Any decent place to eat around Poughkeepsie?

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1579 on: Nov 24, 2014, 03:36 PM »
Holy crap man, I hope he is ok..... :-\ :-\

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1580 on: Nov 24, 2014, 04:10 PM »

Hoping for the best

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1581 on: Nov 24, 2014, 04:27 PM »
That sucks!  I wish you guys the best. 

Offline hickgtx600f4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1582 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:39 PM »
That sucks. Best of luck to them.

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #1583 on: Nov 25, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Well my two older brothers dumb and dumber were on there way down to work in Poughkeepsie area early this morning. Somehow they managed to roll the car, totaled it. One of them managed to make it out with bruises and scrapes, the other broke his neck. Waiting to get an MRI result to see if he needs an operation. Any decent place to eat around Poughkeepsie?

Man, good luck with your bro.

Offline stewartsdelidogs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1584 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:40 PM »
It's great to see a northern NY thread.  We take a trip to a smaller lake between Long and Tupper every year between Christmas and new years.  Some years there's great ice, but other years there's only an inch or so.  I always wonder whether to pack my jigging rod or just the rabbit hunting stuff.  As it gets closer, if anyone knows what the ice is like up north, please post. 

I'll be sure to give a report by the end of December. 

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1585 on: Nov 25, 2014, 09:20 PM »
I live in Saranac lake and nothing. there were a few spots froze over with like an inch and that all went to hell quick with the warm weather the other day so back to square one.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1586 on: Nov 25, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about your brother. 

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1587 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:03 PM »
Sunday, 11/23 I traveled from Northville to Tupper Lake and was amazed at how many lakes were ice covered.  Every small pond & lake I saw were ice covered.  Even Long Lake was mostly iced over.  Indian and Blue were not.  Not sure I would have ventured out on the ones that were ice covered, but the ice was there.  I came back down last night so don't know if they still hold ice or not.  I'm sure the warm spell, rain and wind took most of it out.  A good cold snap should put it back though.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1588 on: Nov 26, 2014, 02:24 PM »
Sunday, 11/23 I traveled from Northville to Tupper Lake and was amazed at how many lakes were ice covered.  Every small pond & lake I saw were ice covered.  Even Long Lake was mostly iced over.  Indian and Blue were not.  Not sure I would have ventured out on the ones that were ice covered, but the ice was there.  I came back down last night so don't know if they still hold ice or not.  I'm sure the warm spell, rain and wind took most of it out.  A good cold snap should put it back though.

Somebody was jigging on long lake on friday

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1589 on: Nov 27, 2014, 05:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind words from everyone, my brother is home, it was funny watching him eat with a neck brace on today. He's figuring on fishing a lot, he's gotta wear a neck brace for 3 months. This is gonna be funny as hell this winter. If you boys that fish the st Lawrence see a guy in a neck brace walking funny you'll know its us.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.