New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373461 times)

Offline RNsurfnturf

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1290 on: Dec 29, 2012, 05:44 PM »
too funny waldo ... ijust typed that word for word almost and it didnt post!... we drove from marcellus...started at eel bay offf by 9:30  went to LOTI  spud bar went through at the ramp with ease...ended up at chipewa till 2....bunch 0f 3-4" perch with 1) 9"  perch

tough going everywhere.......it was good to get out and get started! ;D ;D

the itch has subsided now......now waiting for otisco to get going!
Sometimes you have to fish when you can,
not when you want, but guess what?

You're still fishing!!!

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #1291 on: Dec 31, 2012, 10:57 AM »
found some good ice today, will be on it in the morning....
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #1292 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:05 AM »
Anyone know whats going on with the TI Bait Shop Website? I tried to go on today, but my computer told me no  :P Lots of warnings and red flags.

Offline waldo24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1293 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:16 AM »
Yeah they had a virus....its best to call. 315-482-9903. She said they are working on a new one currently. Good luck  :tipup:

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1294 on: Dec 31, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Lucky you- good luck

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1295 on: Dec 31, 2012, 12:56 PM »
how did it go?  hopefully your flags flew high and the jigging was good
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1296 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:28 PM »
Now that everyone is out fishing...how about some bait prices through the north country? More than last year?
Get out of the house...go fishing!

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1297 on: Jan 04, 2013, 12:51 PM »
My guy is the same as last year. $6 per cup for fatheads or rosies, $5.50 per dozen for medium shiners, and $9 for a dozen suckers. I use country pets in Hudson Falls as much as I can. Great bait, and good service.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #1298 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:35 PM »
My guy is the same as last year. $6 per cup for fatheads or rosies, $5.50 per dozen for medium shiners, and $9 for a dozen suckers. I use country pets in Hudson Falls as much as I can. Great bait, and good service.

how big are the suckers?
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1299 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:22 PM »
hows the fishing going??
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1300 on: Jan 05, 2013, 05:24 PM »
how big are the suckers?

They range from 4" to 6", and sometimes slightly bigger.

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1301 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Did anyone head over to Eel Bay today?  I heard rumors that slush was firming up but I haven't been over myself.  Really curious to see how our low water levels impact fishing in shallow bays on the River this year.  If I make it over to Wellesley tomorrow I'll give a report.

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1302 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:52 AM »
So...... After making a run to Eel and getting skunked on Wed I am a bit worried about the trip I have planned again for there this year with the kids staying at the Eel bay cabins. Was never looking for trophys out of there...... just to keep the kids entertained and chasing flags which they did last year. A little concerned if Eel stays dead like it is we will have to maybe go to LOTI which I have never fished before. Just curious if we end up going there can we get into some pike close to the state ramp or would I have to trek the kids and my father all the way to the shallow areas on the west end of the lake??

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1303 on: Jan 06, 2013, 05:32 AM »
So...... After making a run to Eel and getting skunked on Wed I am a bit worried about the trip I have planned again for there this year with the kids staying at the Eel bay cabins. Was never looking for trophys out of there...... just to keep the kids entertained and chasing flags which they did last year. A little concerned if Eel stays dead like it is we will have to maybe go to LOTI which I have never fished before. Just curious if we end up going there can we get into some pike close to the state ramp or would I have to trek the kids and my father all the way to the shallow areas on the west end of the lake??

You don't need to go far at LOTI.  A buddy was at Eel yesterday and gave me his report.

Offline onebaddx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1304 on: Jan 06, 2013, 07:56 AM »
Anybody fishing Hawkins point yet?

Offline Ny Ice Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1305 on: Jan 06, 2013, 10:23 AM »

I fish LOTI a lot and i always fish the deeper part of it. i catch plenty of pike and i believe the perch fishing is a little better out there in the deeper part. just my .02  :tipup:
Wanakena Ranger School Alumni '13

"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." --Patrick F MacManus

"Work: a dangerous disorder affecting high public functionaries who want to go fishing"-Ambrose Bierce

Offline schreck72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1306 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:01 PM »
Does anyone know if sackets harbor bay or henderson has any safe ice?

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1307 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Ice is still a little sketchy on the Raquette in Colton. Fished yesterday and had a snowmobiler go threw20 yards from my shack and 4 people went threw in the process of getting it out but we finally got it on shore and everyone ended up safe! Took us two and a half hours to get it out. And yes sadely it was the only thing that i pulled out of a hole that day  :(

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1308 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1309 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:55 PM »
Ice is still a little sketchy on the Raquette in Colton. Fished yesterday and had a snowmobiler go threw20 yards from my shack and 4 people went threw in the process of getting it out but we finally got it on shore and everyone ended up safe! Took us two and a half hours to get it out. And yes sadely it was the only thing that i pulled out of a hole that day  :(

glad everyone got out safely....the ice is very deceiving everywhere this year.  I'm surprised that there are not more reports of people going through the ice on snowmobiles.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1310 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:02 PM »
nobody has touched cranberry yet with a sled suprisingly, but good because it is probably unsafe.

Offline burdenlakeboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1311 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:30 PM »
any info on fern lake conditions?
born to hunt and fish

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #1312 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:37 PM »
any info on fern lake conditions?

Which one? The one near lake placid has had snowmobiles on it for a bit
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1313 on: Jan 06, 2013, 05:44 PM »
anybody been on payne lake ?
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline onebaddx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1314 on: Jan 06, 2013, 08:16 PM »
Been out on lake Champlain and there is good ice in quite a few good spots. Also, went out on chazy lake...got skunked and chateaugay lake is looking pretty good.

Offline FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1315 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Anyone know what time chapmans opens?
Get out of the house...go fishing!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1316 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:50 AM »

Offline SFC Hardwater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1317 on: Jan 07, 2013, 09:56 AM »
anybody been on Payne lake ?

I was out on Payne a couple times last week by the end of the week there was about 7.5". Only ventured out about 75yds from the boat launch.

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1318 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:50 AM »
I took a ride Saturday up to Speculator for something to do.  There were a couple guys out on Piseco Lake, and on Oxbow Lake.  Everywhere else was empty. 
Follow the bubbles...

Offline bluetickchick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1319 on: Jan 07, 2013, 05:13 PM »
I was out on Payne a couple times last week by the end of the week there was about 7.5". Only ventured out about 75yds from the boat launch.

how was the bite? we fished hyde today... slow.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.