New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373221 times)

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1080 on: Dec 09, 2012, 12:39 PM »
In Frederick MD, they may not even know where Canada is...LOL.  Just came through your way on my way back from NC last month.

Hesseltine has turned Yuppie on us. The residents of Chateaugay shuned him to go live in MD.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #1081 on: Dec 09, 2012, 01:15 PM »
In Frederick MD, they may not even know where Canada is...LOL.  Just came through your way on my way back from NC last month.

Haha it's a stretch for most.  Not a bad place to live other then I'm sure it will have to drive to find ice.   Deer hunting is fantastic though

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1082 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:35 PM »
That state diagram is bogus. Up here is NOT upstate, this is NORTHERN NY.. The NORTH COUNTRY. And I don't care what anyone says about it lol. Update ends somehwere slightly north of Watertown. Then draw a line across the state, anywhere from there on up is northern ny.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1083 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:52 PM »
That state diagram is bogus. Up here is NOT upstate, this is NORTHERN NY.. The NORTH COUNTRY. And I don't care what anyone says about it lol. Update ends somehwere slightly north of Watertown. Then draw a line across the state, anywhere from there on up is northern ny.

Agreed.  I have had this argument many times

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1084 on: Dec 09, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Hesseltine has turned Yuppie on us. The residents of Chateaugay shuned him to go live in MD.

Them are fighting words ranger. 

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #1085 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:01 PM »

Why dont we just say Canada eh? :whistle: Kidding.... I was just trying to make a GENERAL diagram to give a GENERAL idea. Thanks for the criticism  :unsure:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1086 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Why dont we just say Canada eh? :whistle: Kidding.... I was just trying to make a GENERAL diagram to give a GENERAL idea. Thanks for the criticism  :unsure:

haha if your not get criticized on here then must be nobody is talking to you lol 

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1087 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:10 PM »
I know how you feel though I live 60 miles from the city and when I tell the strong islanders that they say "oh so you're upstate then" and I proceed to lay out new york state for them to get it out of their thick heads that theres more to new york than the city. Even argued with a geography major about that as well :cookoo: I just shook my head and said I can't believe your majoring in geography and consider everything north of the city as upstate.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1088 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:27 PM »
Them are fighting words ranger.
We'll settle this on the ice at Quintie.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1089 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:37 PM »

we will settle it before then.  when i come home for x mass we will settle it where ever the hard water is

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1090 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Oh boy we got a walleye cage match set for quinte.  Ranger vs Hesseltine.  ding ding ding.  He has a advantage he doesnt have a buzzing going in hole all day though.  Ranger will be using a rod he stole from his girl friend.  should be interesting. Ill sell you guys fish while were up there so you can have bragging rights over one and the other.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1091 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:39 PM »
we will settle it before then.  when i come home for x mass we will settle it where ever the hard water is

Hey I got no kids that weekend and will be crying for ice so im in.  Dont worry I wont interfere with your match. 

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1092 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Lol it was not personal. I just disagree with the diagram that's all. Don't get so offended brother

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1093 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:40 PM »
I know how you feel though I live 60 miles from the city and when I tell the strong islanders that they say "oh so you're upstate then" and I proceed to lay out new york state for them to get it out of their thick heads that theres more to new york than the city. Even argued with a geography major about that as well :cookoo: I just shook my head and said I can't believe your majoring in geography and consider everything north of the city as upstate.

I actually worked one summer in Poughkeepsie i know what you mean by them them thinking everything above yonkers is upstate.  then you have to listen to people from north of you say your from the city. 

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1094 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:41 PM »
Oh and also it wouldn't bother me at all if we just called it Canada. I'm prefer to be an Ontario resident. Far better snowmobile riding.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1095 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:43 PM »
Hey I got no kids that weekend and will be crying for ice so im in.  Dont worry I wont interfere with your match.
  The match might get ugly so you better make the drive up.  lol :roflmao:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1096 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Lol it was not personal. I just disagree with the diagram that's all. Don't get so offended brother

I wasn't offended just being a little sarcastic.... and what's with everyone in the north country calling everyone brother. I got a buddy in Au Sable Forks and he calls everyone brother..... must be a upsta.... uhh north country thing

Oh and also it wouldn't bother me at all if we just called it Canada. I'm prefer to be an Ontario resident. Far better snowmobile riding.

Good point however a lot of places in ontario no live bait!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1097 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:48 PM »
  The match might get ugly so you better make the drive up.  lol :roflmao:

Ok but if we go to dink ponds you guys are going to have to show me how to fish for them things. ha ha

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1098 on: Dec 09, 2012, 06:52 PM »
Ok but if we go to dink ponds you guys are going to have to show me how to fish for them things. ha ha

just be ready to hear "gone one"  maybe we will even go for eyes

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1099 on: Dec 09, 2012, 07:08 PM »
just be ready to hear "gone one"  maybe we will even go for eyes
I have a lake in mind we will have to drag Jason along...only problem is it has fish he is accustomed to schooling us on.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1100 on: Dec 10, 2012, 05:49 AM »
What year did you graduate? I did my undergrad at C-State and am currently finishing up my masters there
'05 Bach and '07 masters. . . Played lax until '03, but grades, a chosen lifestyle, and an angry father's quote put an end to that.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1101 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:19 AM »
I wasn't offended just being a little sarcastic.... and what's with everyone in the north country calling everyone brother. I got a buddy in Au Sable Forks and he calls everyone brother..... must be a upsta.... uhh north country thing

Good point however a lot of places in ontario no live bait!

I don't know it's a sign of politeness between outdoorsmen I guess. ( mutual interest in I've fishing signifies the bond.. Thus, "brother.")

No live bait wouldn't bother me, I could still catch hog pike.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1102 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:21 AM »
If anyone is out on cranberry this year and wants to line sleds up for fun while fishing, let me know!

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1103 on: Dec 10, 2012, 07:42 AM »
OK,  I am to that point.  The weather here does not look good for building ice over the next couple weeks.  During the Day high 30's low 40;s and at night mid to high 20's.  Not good ice building conditions.  Who has ice??? I am ready to make a road trip.  Only thing I can offer back is a trip to the mighty St. Lawrence chasing walleye with me once the mighty St. Lawrence freezes.
Amyone ??  PM me we can talk!

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1104 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:17 AM »
OK,  I am to that point.  The weather here does not look good for building ice over the next couple weeks.  During the Day high 30's low 40;s and at night mid to high 20's.  Not good ice building conditions.  Who has ice??? I am ready to make a road trip.  Only thing I can offer back is a trip to the mighty St. Lawrence chasing walleye with me once the mighty St. Lawrence freezes.
Amyone ??  PM me we can talk!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/chateaugay-ny/12920/december-weather/334707

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1105 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:07 PM »
'05 Bach and '07 masters. . . Played lax until '03, but grades, a chosen lifestyle, and an angry father's quote put an end to that.

When you graduated in '07 I was just starting that fall lol

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1106 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:31 PM »
If anyone is out on cranberry this year and wants to line sleds up for fun while fishing, let me know!

as long as i have my "stock" ski doo ill line up the sleds!!
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1107 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:58 PM »

Last time I lined sleds up for fun on the ice I got TBoned lucky I didn't lose my leg. Definitely learned my lesson and haven't done it since. Make sure you know where everyone is around you and be safe.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1108 on: Dec 10, 2012, 01:49 PM »

With my luck I'd run the sled into gull rock!  :woot:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1109 on: Dec 10, 2012, 03:34 PM »
ill race the atv !!  lol
TEAMHACKSHACK

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.