New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373214 times)

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #1020 on: Nov 28, 2012, 05:58 PM »
Sweet!

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1021 on: Nov 28, 2012, 08:12 PM »
 ;) Well, it did not last the day - but that lake sure is ready to "lock up".  Just think'n, if I drove 2 hours north, like you guys do, I could prolly be fishing through the ice, somewhere.  @)
Anyways, after a home purchase late this summer, painting walls, finishing floors, installing a kitchen, replacing the electric, the plumbing and moving and settling and finally; getting the garage to where my honey can park her car in it.  I'm getting ready for that ice.  After moving, I can't find much when I want it, but I made sure my fishing stuff stayed in sight at all times  :P

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1022 on: Nov 28, 2012, 09:17 PM »
Cool deal Phil! Good pic of the lake! I just want to thank you again for being so helpful to so many of us South of you last year. With the lack of ice early in the year many of us relied on you for good detailed reports. I used to camp up there during the summer, however never fished it through the ice until last year. I fell in love with it! It is so beautiful out there. I made the trip twice. Once I did really well, and the other not so much. Thanks again Phil, and it was nice meeting you last year. Hope to see you again this year!
It'll eat.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1023 on: Nov 28, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Cool deal Phil! Good pic of the lake! I just want to thank you again for being so helpful to so many of us South of you last year. With the lack of ice early in the year many of us relied on you for good detailed reports. I used to camp up there during the summer, however never fished it through the ice until last year. I fell in love with it! It is so beautiful out there. I made the trip twice. Once I did really well, and the other not so much. Thanks again Phil, and it was nice meeting you last year. Hope to see you again this year!

Butt Kisser Chief :roflmao:
AW

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1024 on: Nov 29, 2012, 11:57 AM »
I heard the inlets and outlets of loti are icing over... Anyone confirm that info?  ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1025 on: Nov 29, 2012, 12:59 PM »
Chief - you're a good guy.  Don't let these guys intimidate you.  ;)  If you wear your ruby slippers up here, I'll show you some real "spots".  :P

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1026 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:13 PM »
is anyone ice fishing up north yet?
TEAMHACKSHACK

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1027 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:18 PM »
is anyone ice fishing up north yet?

How far north are we talking here?

Offline kodiak120

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1028 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:31 PM »
I am heading over to the st. lawrence tomorrow to check out the situation.
Gotta wake up to catch 'em...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #1029 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:53 PM »

highly unlikely there is ice yet and any ice there is will be gone with all the wind that is up there and the 50* day coming up

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1030 on: Nov 29, 2012, 01:57 PM »
No ice in the St. Lawrence River - YET.  It's a highly unlikely event until towards the end of December.  Possibly some of the shallower, more remote bays; but not right now.

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #1031 on: Nov 29, 2012, 02:31 PM »
Fish a lot at Fourth Lake and Delta Lake(south border line CNY).

Ranger, I fish the same waters, and I throw in a bit of Limekiln too!

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1032 on: Nov 30, 2012, 10:46 AM »
I don't really how far north I have to travewl to do some ice fishing. delta prob wont have fishable ice until after xmas . if you guys have any fishable ice please let me now thanks alot
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline 10th MTN Dave

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please pass the peck of pickled Pickerel and Pike!
« Reply #1033 on: Nov 30, 2012, 11:18 AM »
NNY!!

Wish the 14F degrees we had this morning was going to hold!!

Starting to get the fever bad. I fish all over the North Country in Summer, but my outings on the ice last year were limited to Indian, Perch, and Red Lakes. Year before I managed to get out on Perch, Hyde, Millsite, and Indian Lake, as well as Henderson Harbor. Would love to do Chaumont, but as I am a walker, my range is a little limited.

Want to find some Walleyes, without going down to Onieda. Anybody got any real good options you can walk to. (They are probably all later in the season anyways). I expect First Ice experience this year will be Perch Lake again (Same the last 3 years).

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1034 on: Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 PM »
NNY!!

Starting to get the fever bad. I fish all over the North Country in Summer, but my outings on the ice last year were limited to Indian, Perch, and Red Lakes. Year before I managed to get out on Perch, Hyde, Millsite, and Indian Lake, as well as Henderson Harbor. Would love to do Chaumont, but as I am a walker, my range is a little limited.

Want to find some Walleyes, without going down to Onieda. Anybody got any real good options you can walk to. (They are probably all later in the season anyways). I expect First Ice experience this year will be Perch Lake again (Same the last 3 years).

Walking on Chaumont is no problem, and you can nail 8-12 pounders with relative ease withing 5-600 yards of where you park..
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1035 on: Nov 30, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Walking on Chaumont is no problem, and you can nail 8-12 pounders with relative ease withing 5-600 yards of where you park..
Hey esox.  Have they, or anyone, done anything about increasing or creating any parking on the county road to the south of the bay?  Just wondering if anything has changed.  Otherwise walking could be distance thing for some folks.  Thanks for your reports.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1036 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:40 PM »
Hey esox.  Have they, or anyone, done anything about increasing or creating any parking on the county road to the south of the bay?  Just wondering if anything has changed.  Otherwise walking could be distance thing for some folks.  Thanks for your reports.

No changes in the parking situation have occurred this past year I'm aware of....sorry...

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1037 on: Nov 30, 2012, 07:56 PM »
Esox how are you?...won't be long!!! ;D

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1038 on: Dec 01, 2012, 05:02 AM »
Esox how are you?...won't be long!!! ;D

Esox is doin' well and thinkin' about pulling his gear out and getting ready, but still swamped with work.

Figure a couple weeks before Chaumont is ready, this couple days of warm is gonna slow it down just a bit.

Offline fishon35

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1039 on: Dec 01, 2012, 05:56 AM »
I heard the inlets and outlets of loti are icing over... Anyone confirm that info?  ;D

Protected bays in the Clayton and Cape area on the mighty St. Lawrence are starting to ice at night. Some are holding but wind and warm temps coming should put an end. At least they are cold enough!

Offline harrops26

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1040 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:42 AM »
Protected bays in the Clayton and Cape area on the mighty St. Lawrence are starting to ice at night. Some are holding but wind and warm temps coming should put an end. At least they are cold enough!

Check out the web cam for Chippewa Bay. Theres some ice on it for now

Ranger School 03
OIF 06-07
OEF 09-10
ESF 13
Carpenters Local 277

Offline FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1041 on: Dec 01, 2012, 03:03 PM »
Stood on the pond today...to bad for this warm weather coming...
Get out of the house...go fishing!

Offline pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1042 on: Dec 01, 2012, 03:53 PM »
Fished this afternoon on about 3.5 inches on a small body of water in the Dacks.  Half black, half white ice.  Had to watch were you were going of course.  No fish, only had 2 year old salted smelt for bait.  If you do go looking for ice, bring some bait!  Tomorrow morning might be the last chance in a few weeks to find it.

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1043 on: Dec 01, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Fished this afternoon on about 3.5 inches on a small body of water in the Dacks.  Half black, half white ice.  Had to watch were you were going of course.  No fish, only had 2 year old salted smelt for bait.  If you do go looking for ice, bring some bait!  Tomorrow morning might be the last chance in a few weeks to find it.

Glad she let ya out!  We'll get out there together soon.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #1044 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:07 PM »
stood on ice out on one of the bays of chateaugay lake over thanksgiving break when i was deer hunting.  Hoping when i come home from x mass i can hit the hard water 

Offline Kuyahoorakid

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Have Ice? Will Travel...
« Reply #1045 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:12 PM »
This weather is certainly not helping things! 61 here in Northern Oneida County today, followed by rain and more mild temps. I guess I will just go squirrel hunting for the time being! :P

Offline FellThru82

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1046 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:34 PM »
NNY!!

Want to find some Walleyes, without going down to Onieda. Anybody got any real good options you can walk to. (They are probably all later in the season anyways). I expect First Ice experience this year will be Perch Lake again (Same the last 3 years).Oneida has been hard actually unusally hard for wall eyes now.  hoping it gets better when the ice gets here!!
TEAMHACKSHACK

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1047 on: Dec 06, 2012, 07:40 AM »
I can't remember from last year  ???

HERE WE GO!!!!

Where is Northern New York  ?  LOL........

Can we talk Ogdensburgh-Massena-Waddington   here ???

Offline FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1048 on: Dec 06, 2012, 09:02 AM »
For those Outdoor News scribers did you see the article on Yellow lake?
Get out of the house...go fishing!

Offline joey

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Cold Water Curl!!!
« Reply #1049 on: Dec 06, 2012, 12:08 PM »
I can't remember from last year  ???

HERE WE GO!!!!

Where is Northern New York  ?  LOL........

Can we talk Ogdensburgh-Massena-Waddington   here ???

Shhhh, there's no good areas to fish in those places you mentioned. In fact, none of them even froze over last year because of the solar flares that we have to deal with every ice season. Also, there aint nothing but undersized sheepshead here as well and nothing else :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.