New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373513 times)

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #450 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:45 AM »
Hey all. I live in southern oswego county. There is little ice, none that is fishable right now in my area. My father is in town right now only for another week or so before he takes off to work in New Hampshire for a few months. Normally by now I get to take him out a few times. But with the above average temps, it just dont look like its going to happen in my area. I was thinking about making the trip up to Black Lake. We have camped there a few times throughout the summer. Such a beautiful lake. I love it there. Now I was thinking about making the haul up early tomorrow morning with the old man. I just dont know much about access to any of the bays. I was wanted to fish mile arm, but not sure of access. I am after gills and crappies. It will probably be my only trip there this year. Just wanted to get into a few fish with the old man before he takes off. We will be walking on foot, so no wheelers or sleds or any of that. I do have 4 wheel drive on my vehicle. If anybody is willing to help me out, it will be very much appreciated. I would love to return the favor on any body of water down in my area if you are thinking about coming down my way (not that you have to). You can shoot me a PM as I will be by the computer most of the day. (This website does that to you). :) Thanks guys. Be safe out there, and tight lines
It'll eat.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #451 on: Jan 07, 2012, 10:48 AM »
the way it sounds if you drive up to black lake you wont have any trouble finding where the access spots are.  everyone and there brother will be up there the next two days.  they might even have a circus on the lake the way everyone is talking lol.  just follow the trucks.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #452 on: Jan 07, 2012, 02:41 PM »
Hey all. I live in southern oswego county. There is little ice, none that is fishable right now in my area. My father is in town right now only for another week or so before he takes off to work in New Hampshire for a few months. Normally by now I get to take him out a few times. But with the above average temps, it just dont look like its going to happen in my area. I was thinking about making the trip up to Black Lake. We have camped there a few times throughout the summer. Such a beautiful lake. I love it there. Now I was thinking about making the haul up early tomorrow morning with the old man. I just dont know much about access to any of the bays. I was wanted to fish mile arm, but not sure of access. I am after gills and crappies. It will probably be my only trip there this year. Just wanted to get into a few fish with the old man before he takes off. We will be walking on foot, so no wheelers or sleds or any of that. I do have 4 wheel drive on my vehicle. If anybody is willing to help me out, it will be very much appreciated. I would love to return the favor on any body of water down in my area if you are thinking about coming down my way (not that you have to). You can shoot me a PM as I will be by the computer most of the day. (This website does that to you). :) Thanks guys. Be safe out there, and tight lines
Just gotta read through the posts here.

Offline serveprotect

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #453 on: Jan 07, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Hello all, this is my first post.  I recently moved and live not too far from the St. Lawrence, near Canton.  I am just getting into ice fishing.  I am wondering if anyone fishes near Wilson Hill? I was looking at a map and I am willing to explore some places.  I know a lot of things are still open - warm weather!  I would like a chance at catching some eyes as I have never caught one.  What bait shops do you guys use in the area?  Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Offline Charleson9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #454 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Coles Creek 1/7/12

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #455 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:30 PM »
Hello all, this is my first post.  I recently moved and live not too far from the St. Lawrence, near Canton.  I am just getting into ice fishing.  I am wondering if anyone fishes near Wilson Hill? I was looking at a map and I am willing to explore some places.  I know a lot of things are still open - warm weather!  I would like a chance at catching some eyes as I have never caught one.  What bait shops do you guys use in the area?  Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Wilson hill isn't safe yet. You wanna hit Coles creek right now at daylight for the eyeballs

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #456 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:31 PM »

nice fish guys  :thumbsup:

Offline icepike26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #457 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Hows the ice at coles creek in the bay not the marina
FRABILL RANGER XL TWIN FLIPOVER
ARCTIC ARMOR PLUS SUIT
BAFFIN ARCTIC SERIES BOOTS 
ESKIMO AUGER
HT HUSKY WOODEN TIP UPS
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500HO
BUDDY HEATER
ICE HUNTER SERIES 24" ULTRA-LIGHT COMBO
ICE HUNTER SERIES 26" MEDIUM COMBO

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #458 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Nice catch. That was outa coles?
Tight lines. Ice 'em and be safe

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #459 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:33 PM »
Went fishing on the south side of Payne lake on the boarder of Jefferson and St. Lawrence County's. About 6" of ice. Between our group we caught 2 Large Mouth's, A small Tiger Muskie and a lot of small Perch. Does anyone know a good spot to slam the jumbo Perch?
Flags flyin' high!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #460 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:41 PM »
thats funny  i know you have only 1 post but with the ice  conditions the way they are   a jumbo perch spot is not going to roll off anyones tounge on here  sorry
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #461 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:48 PM »
Maybe someone will be nice and send me a message  ;D  I know where to go in the Luzerne area! Fell through 4th Lake a few years back. Im just new to the Fort Drum fishing area.
Flags flyin' high!

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #462 on: Jan 07, 2012, 05:52 PM »
not all to familiar with the drum area 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline Charleson9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #463 on: Jan 07, 2012, 06:13 PM »
Yes they were caught at Coles today. There is about 8" for about 100 feet from shore then it goes to about 3 pretty quick.

Offline klandnl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #464 on: Jan 07, 2012, 06:46 PM »
Hello all, new to the area around Watertown looking for a place that would be safe enough to take 4 year old on the ice tomorrow just to catch anything.  I just want to peak his interest.  Appreciate the advice!

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #465 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:00 PM »
these guys watched us all day yesterday

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline Grizzy23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #466 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:02 PM »
Any reports on Ice conditions on Chippewa Bay or Goose? Looking to head up on Monday and wanted to check before makign the long drive.

Offline jiggincrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #467 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Great Pics!!!!!!!! Couldn't ask for a better audience.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #468 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:08 PM »
Awesome pics nypike!!! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #469 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Hello all, new to the area around Watertown looking for a place that would be safe enough to take 4 year old on the ice tomorrow just to catch anything.  I just want to peak his interest.  Appreciate the advice!

I was on Black lake last weekend and it had about 6" on it. Caught alot of sunfish (Blah) and Crappie. Pike were coming out of the lake pretty good too.
Flags flyin' high!

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #470 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:33 PM »
Took my boy out to Sharlets webb today, He caught a few pike and we caught a few walleyes.
Lost something at the hole and I think it was a Lake trout not sure though.  Forgot the camera at home so had to take pictures once we got in.  No eyes until AFTER dark, full moon might of had something to do with that!

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #471 on: Jan 07, 2012, 07:38 PM »
nypike.....Great pics. Still have yet to see one myself in the wild. Must be an awsome site.

Offline pikiemikie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #472 on: Jan 07, 2012, 08:38 PM »
New to this site not new to ice fishing.Anyone fish cranberry lake this year yet? lots of good info on here glad to be on board.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #473 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Went fishing on the south side of Payne lake on the boarder of Jefferson and St. Lawrence County's. About 6" of ice. Between our group we caught 2 Large Mouth's, A small Tiger Muskie and a lot of small Perch. Does anyone know a good spot to slam the jumbo Perch?
Oneida Lake.  Lake Ontario Bays - Sodus, Sandy, Chaumont, etc.

Offline ewelcher1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #474 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Beautiful pics guys. I really love the eagles. So where was that sharletts webb? Im not a local to the jefferson st Laurence area. But i have no ice so im headed north
Tight lines. Ice 'em and be safe

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #475 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:15 PM »
did you at least give the eagles something to eat? nice pic nypike!

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #476 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Yeah, I did read through the thread FFP. I was just curious about access to milearm. I know its very limited and basically all priveate for the most part, but I was wondering if there was a small lot you could park at. Not trying to make anybody repost the same stuff. I know there is access at rollaway bay. Hows the size run on the gills and slabs there?
It'll eat.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #477 on: Jan 07, 2012, 09:37 PM »
Yeah, I did read through the thread FFP. I was just curious about access to milearm. I know its very limited and basically all priveate for the most part, but I was wondering if there was a small lot you could park at. Not trying to make anybody repost the same stuff. I know there is access at rollaway bay. Hows the size run on the gills and slabs there?
No problem, but the info is here.
There is no public access at MileArm.  You can park anywhere you wish, but likely will be run off by one of the camp/land owners.  That's just the way it is up there.  Too many guys abused that place for too many years.  I don't blame the camp owners at all.  Later, the ice will be good enough to come up through the main lake, maybe.  Actually, the fishing in there has "sucked" for several years - Rollaway is better, I can give some pointers for there but won't drill your holes for you, you will still have to find the fish.  ;)

Good luck and hope you find a way in there for yourself.

Offline Grizzy23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #478 on: Jan 08, 2012, 12:10 AM »
FISHFORPIKE, how is Rollaway for Pike and could you tell me exactly where the access is for Rollaway? I'm looking to get up there for the first time on Monday and I have no idea where to start. Any information will be helpful.  Stay safe everyone!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #479 on: Jan 08, 2012, 03:53 AM »
FISHFORPIKE, how is Rollaway for Pike and could you tell me exactly where the access is for Rollaway? I'm looking to get up there for the first time on Monday and I have no idea where to start. Any information will be helpful.  Stay safe everyone!
Google it ..... easy to find . Good luck  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.