New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373175 times)

Offline plowman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #330 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Got out onto the ice on Friday, lake of the isles was sporting 4 1/2 inch of ice measured with a tape. (probably not so good after the last couple days, I would use caution if going there). Weeded through a 100 dinks to get a good 20 keeper perch, not bad for a start. Also had my first casualty of the year, my cell got flushed down the hole and now resides at the bottom of the lake. Jumped up to go after a runner and plop! Should've picked up one of those sealed cell phone cases that float. Anyway, here is hoping the cold thats coming is swift, would like to hit chaumont or henderson.
  Chaumont not ready yet. Don't know about Henderson. This up coming cold snap might just do it for good ice.

Offline icepike26

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #331 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:06 PM »

FRABILL RANGER XL TWIN FLIPOVER
ARCTIC ARMOR PLUS SUIT
BAFFIN ARCTIC SERIES BOOTS 
ESKIMO AUGER
HT HUSKY WOODEN TIP UPS
POLARIS SPORTSMAN 500HO
BUDDY HEATER
ICE HUNTER SERIES 24" ULTRA-LIGHT COMBO
ICE HUNTER SERIES 26" MEDIUM COMBO

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #332 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:56 PM »
Ahhh. I know where that is. Nice.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #333 on: Jan 01, 2012, 08:30 PM »
Got out today to a new spot on the river, 7" of ice, took my son with me and we did pretty well.  10 pike, 2 bass (one pushing just over 6 lbs) and 35 perch, all 9" plus,  if I can figure out how to post pictures with my phone I will, laptop died.  ICE IS HERE BOYS!!!!
Hey icepike26 - glad you got into them with your boy - it's a good time.

Offline EvanW86

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fresh hardwater fish. the best
« Reply #334 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:06 AM »
Got out onto the ice on Friday, lake of the isles was sporting 4 1/2 inch of ice measured with a tape. (probably not so good after the last couple days, I would use caution if going there). Weeded through a 100 dinks to get a good 20 keeper perch, not bad for a start. Also had my first casualty of the year, my cell got flushed down the hole and now resides at the bottom of the lake. Jumped up to go after a runner and plop! Should've picked up one of those sealed cell phone cases that float. Anyway, here is hoping the cold thats coming is swift, would like to hit chaumont or henderson.
[/quote
So ol davey jone got the cell. Dont u hate that. Hes got alot of my stuff. Lighters jigs phones brand new pack of smokes full beers everything
Just another day on the ice!!!

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #335 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:42 AM »
nice fish!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #336 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:45 AM »
So ol davey jone got the cell. Dont u hate that. Hes got alot of my stuff. Lighters jigs phones brand new pack of smokes full beers everything
Funny - I lost the gas valve to a cookstove one day in 25ft of water.  Clear and I could see it through the hole - fished it out with a jig pole  :o

Offline EvanW86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #337 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:12 AM »
Funny - I lost the gas valve to a cookstove one day in 25ft of water.  Clear and I could see it through the hole - fished it out with a jig pole  :o
nice. Me and my friends did that with a pole in about 12-13'
Also had the best story ever actually happen to me. 2 yrs ago i was on a pike pond and a fish took my pole with him. 5 min later i hooked something and see a bobber coming up to the hole. Got my pole back and that damn fish. He was a lil on the small side but i kept him cuz what happend. A buddy there with me couldnt believe it.

Offline poor man fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #338 on: Jan 02, 2012, 10:20 AM »
NICE PICS

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #339 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:24 AM »
nice. Me and my friends did that with a pole in about 12-13'
Also had the best story ever actually happen to me. 2 yrs ago i was on a pike pond and a fish took my pole with him. 5 min later i hooked something and see a bobber coming up to the hole. Got my pole back and that damn fish. He was a lil on the small side but i kept him cuz what happend. A buddy there with me couldnt believe it.
:clap: Great stories.  My best/worst/funniest one was a 30" or better pike I had.  Had it out, de-hooked with spreader in his mouth - holding it up for a pic - didn't that sucker flop and I lost my grip and that SOB went back down the hole - yep with the spreader in his mouth.  Poor SOB, I doubt he made it for long - what a waste of good meat.  >:(  Have not lost a cell phone yet; though I've witnessed a few go down the hole.  Talk about "choice" word use  ;D

Offline FishingForFun2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #340 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:31 AM »
anyone fishing black lake tommorrow? if so pm me and lets me up!
Get out of the house...go fishing!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Fishing the raquette tomorrow

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #342 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:42 AM »
Fishing the raquette tomorrow
what part? In colton?
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #343 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:45 AM »
Not sure yet I think I'm gonna go see if a couple spots on stark or Kerry are locked

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #344 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:47 AM »
drilled a hole once in stark and the water was FEET below the ice :o. never been back on it since... lol
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #345 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:51 AM »
drilled a hole once in stark and the water was FEET below the ice :o. never been back on it since... lol
That would make me turnaround in a hurry as well.  :woot:

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #346 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:54 AM »

Yeah it happens on stark and Kerry both. Those two particular reservoirs water level fluctuates a lot.. But there's 20+ pound pike in both make no mistake about it  ;)

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #347 on: Jan 02, 2012, 11:55 AM »
Yeah it happens on stark and Kerry both. Those two particular reservoirs water level fluctuates a lot.. But there's 20+ pound pike in both make no mistake about it  ;)
didnt someone get a 20+lber out of one of those on the last day a couple years ago? full of walleye too, but mostly little ones.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #348 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:01 PM »
Yep there's been a few.

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #349 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Yep there's been a few.
good luck man, gonna try for some eyes tomorrow

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #350 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:09 PM »
Good luck let me know how you do

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #351 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:03 PM »
Congrads on the big pike jake. Caught my limit of walleye the other night on the ole raquette. Biggest one three pounds smallest 17.5 inches.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #352 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:46 PM »
Let's see the pics bud!!

Offline cstone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #353 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:51 PM »
Didnt get any pics of them that day cause i some how managed to drop my phone down the hole in my shack lol  :-\ ill post the one of them on the tail gate tomorrow.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #354 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:53 PM »
You and terry seem to be good at that.. You'll learn someday. PM me where you caught them

Offline EvanW86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #355 on: Jan 02, 2012, 08:16 PM »
Lets get some fish guys

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #356 on: Jan 03, 2012, 06:09 AM »

i  got  one  at  the  local  wal-mart  ....5  bucks  in  the  camping  gear!

Offline Dorrski12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #357 on: Jan 03, 2012, 07:21 AM »
anyone been out on red lake yet? i checked it early last week and was at 3" on shore.  curious if anyone has been out there since.
I'd rather be ice fishing

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #358 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:08 PM »
Got a few pike for the deep fryer. Now currently at BB pulling walleyes on the jig rod one after another... 6"-12" walleyes hahah.

Offline slabstalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #359 on: Jan 03, 2012, 03:33 PM »
I'm thinking about making the trip from rochester to look for crappies and gils on black lake or any place in that area...still no safe ice here...any info on where to s
tart would be greatly appreciated as I have not fished this area much through the ice....thanks...tight lines...stay safe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.