Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 239632 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3600 on: Nov 20, 2023, 09:28 AM »
Gotta change my sparkplugs today. Jumped in the truck Monday morning and was getting misfire and CEL.

In Chevy's infinite wisdom, you have to take the intake manifold off to access the #2 spark plug and ignition coil on the 3.6L motor. So what should be a half hour job is now a 2 hour (if I'm lucky) job because some engineer couldn't plan for future routine maintenance.

At least the weather will be nice....

I bought a Chevy once, won't make that mistake again.
The engineers @ GM are retarded monkeys!!!  ::)

Some of their other gems are on a V6 transverse engine having to disconnect the rear motor mount to replace the firewall side plugs.
But wait there's more!!! On another vehicle you have to remove the intake manifold to replace the starter!!!  ::) ::) ::)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3601 on: Nov 20, 2023, 09:35 AM »
Marv
Good story. Congrats on the harvest. ;)

;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3602 on: Nov 20, 2023, 07:15 PM »
Looks to be building ice up there good drifter won't be Ling and we will have some more cabin reports. Missed all the pheasants today but the dogs were alot better today. Just my shooting sucked. The wife got off a few shots that looked good just nothing falling and then gun issues.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3603 on: Nov 20, 2023, 07:32 PM »
I bought a Chevy once, won't make that mistake again.
The engineers @ GM are retarded monkeys!!!  ::)

Some of their other gems are on a V6 transverse engine having to disconnect the rear motor mount to replace the firewall side plugs.
But wait there's more!!! On another vehicle you have to remove the intake manifold to replace the starter!!!  ::) ::) ::)

Wooooow. Just wow.

There's lots of things about the truck I love. Small, good on gas, plenty of power in a small package. Most importantly, I really like the layout of the interior. Just haven't been able to vibe with Fords interiors since about 2014. Not a fan of dodge in general, and while Toyota packs a punch in performance, the value is high but the interior just not very polished or comfy (in my opinion at least)

I suppose when this truck runs its course and rusts out in a couple years, I'll probably upgrade to a Silverado unless something remarkable in the small truck class comes along. But if their 'f u' to the home mechanic continued up through the larger lines, maybe I'm just SOL

Such is life I guess, pay too much and still have to make concessions.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3604 on: Nov 20, 2023, 07:51 PM »
Oh and forgot to mention the puppy is 5 months old. Doing good in starting to get in the groove with the house rules.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3605 on: Nov 20, 2023, 09:48 PM »
 Good evening , reached the mid-forties for a high today rain coming tomorrow afternoon into Wednesday morning. I see some of you will be dealing with Winter weather from this storm system.
Ice wanderer may you not be in to much discomfort after today's therapy session. I assume you will wait another week before trying to sleep in your bed again and stay with the recliner.
Eddie when you have your next surgery may it not limit your ability to take part in family holiday activities. Hopefully your sons will find a few bucks out during hunting hours next time in the woods and get the chance to harvest one.
Zcm-82 you are welcome glad the rifle and you handloaded bullets preformed well and you got a deer this season. I know from what you shared last year your state has a short rifle season for deer and your hunting area has a small deer herd.
Hunts2long may your brother not be telling to many "Hunter's Stories" about the orchard and you be able to harvest a nice buck when hunting their this year. All of you set some high standards with the deer you were able to harvest last year. Nood to read you and the bowling team had a good night.
Wallyworld may things have been better for you today. I hope your illness does not change Thanksgiving plans.
Whopper Stopper from your post today and time spent in the stand this year one can tell you enjoy hunting and spending time in the woods.
Drifter thank you for the latest ice formation report. Glad you have found a vehicle that fits your needs and the climate of Yellow Knife. Personally after owning vehicles from the different American auto makers find each has it's pros-cons. Most now a days seem to be built so you end up bringing to dealership for service or find an independent mechanic to service the vehicle after doing one or two service jobs yourself .
Fish/hunt4ever nice to read your dogs worked well today. going from the photos the two of them seem comfortable with each other's company. may the issue with your wife's shotgun be easy to resolve .
Splattypus i see you have received a warm welcome from the other 9:45 members. please do not get offended by drifter's comment each of us has our opinions and some are not shy to share them especially over the internet .

Everyone take care, best to all fishing and hunting .
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3606 on: Nov 21, 2023, 04:30 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 13* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                         H2l.............Good job to you and your team. :clap: I hope your brother is right and there is a buck behind every tree. :woot:
                         Marv...........I don't blame you for not wanting to pay the extra money. :whistle:
                         Wally..........I hope you are getting better. :unsure:
                         Eddie..........I'm glad the surgeon was happy with everything. :flex: Hopefully you can get the procedure done before Christmas. :thumbsup:
                         Dave..........It won't be long before you will be able to drive to your cabin. :whistle:
                         Zcm...........Your new hunting ground has brought you good luck, getting a deer the first year. :thumbsup:
                         Steve ........I arrived to my therapy appointment only to find that my therapist was sick and my appointment had been cancelled. The receptionist
              said she called my house, she called at 7:19, I was already on the road. :%$#!:
                         I have an appointment at the VA with my orthopedic doctor.
                         I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3607 on: Nov 21, 2023, 05:17 AM »
Morning all, 41° and raining here.

mr.clean - Yeah, archery season is long, but the gun seasons are really short here. Rifle is 7 days and muzzleloader is only 3. There are some areas with an extra few rifle days late in January, but none of them are near me. They're mostly in southern IL.

IW - Thanks. Unfortunately that looks to be my only season out there. I talked to the landowner a couple days before opener and he told me someone else is going to be hunting that land next year. It's getting really hard to find places to hunt around here unless you dish out way more money than I am willing to for a lease. I'm not dropping a few grand to hunt a week.

I'm already getting some feelers out to try to get something lined up for next season, but I don't know many people with land anymore. It's selling for $15,000-ish an acre around here, so most of my friends who had acreage have cashed it out.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3608 on: Nov 21, 2023, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Z, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 17* here this am, high of 37. Calling for some snow moving in later this afternoon/evening, 1-3” possible.

Wally…Hope you’re feeling a little better today, best wishes are with you!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…that sucks you had to make that long drive just to find out your appointment was canceled.  :%$#!:  Hope today’s appointment goes smoothly, be careful with the snotty roads later on.   :thumbsup: 
  Z…Congrats on whacking one, glad the spot worked out for you!!  :clap:  Maybe another lucky spot will pop up for you, good luck!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…I believe the boys will be back to regular hours after Thanksgiving and taking a few vacation days to boot. This snow coming will be a plus for the hunters.  :thumbsup:
  FH4…good looking dogs and keep up the good work with the training…thanks for sharing!  :clap: 
  Splatt….it’s hard to figure out which manufacturer has the least amount of foolish designs nowadays, lol, they all have some sort of stupid engineering problems!  ;D
  Dave…thanks for sharing the ice report, will be looking forward to the cabin trips!!  :clap:   Will your buddy from Alaska be coming for another ice trip this season?
  Marv…save some of that venison for a few spearing adventures…will be looking forward to them again!!  :thumbsup:
  H2…this weather pattern moving in might be the ticket…best of luck!!  :thumbsup:

Got pretty much everything we needed for Thanksgiving yesterday, turkeys were very reasonable in price and abundant. Crowd wasn’t too bad, but I’m sure that will change big time today and tomorrow. Lots of traveling coming up for many over the next few days….wishing everyone a safe trip on the roads.
   Cawfee’s on…
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3609 on: Nov 21, 2023, 06:18 AM »
16* and clear.

Mr. C, my brother and nephew won't invite many others to hunt out back, mostly just family. Pat, who shot the 4pt lets us hunt his land for late MZ in the Southern tier.

WW, hope you are feeling better and taking it easy.

F/H4, like your dogs, they do learn quick.

About 12:30 yesterday my brother went over to Ron's to put wood on his fire. He said there were 5 does in the orchard and acting "goofy", he said I better come up and get into the woods, there may be buck running them around. I went up and sat until dark and saw a "mouse", I didn't see any horns on it. Stopped at my brother's on the way out and he said about 4 o'clock they were behind his house. The wind is going to be right for hunting over on the other side so going in and set before the storm moves in.

My brothers 8 on the left and Ron's 6 on the right.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3610 on: Nov 21, 2023, 08:26 AM »
Nice looking bucks. Hopefully youngest your shot soon.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3611 on: Nov 21, 2023, 08:45 AM »
Good morning. This mole popped up in Missouri again this morning, arrived just after dark 30. Sandra said there’s a deer splattered on the road near the driveway, I missed seeing it,  this morning I see the resident doe and yearling in the yard feeding on acorns again, so what ever got smacked on the road wasn’t one on them

Will have a lot of leaves to tend to, and some more wood splitting, rained some on way in not sure but looking like it may spit out more yet today

Enjoy your day
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3612 on: Nov 21, 2023, 12:24 PM »
Afternoon all,

IW.....sorry to hear about the missed call and wasted drive  :( hope today's appointment goes well  :)

Eddie....glad you found everything you needed at the store yesterday  :thumbsup:

IFF.....hope the rain holds off till you get your leaves cleaned up  :-\

H2L.....fingers crossed you get a shot today  ;)2

WS.....I saw somewhere online that Upper Red Lake was just about ready to be tested  :icefish:

Nothing much going on around here, taking it easy as suggested  :)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3613 on: Nov 21, 2023, 06:06 PM »
Has the boat on the lake today the wife could not get the rod out of the holder for the one good bite we had today.

No pheasant today bit a good walk around a couple places with the boy.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3614 on: Nov 21, 2023, 10:19 PM »
 Good evening, in the mid-thirties currently out side and raining if temperature drops closer to or below freezing may receive some Wintry mix from this storm system . I think i mentioned this a few weeks back some sad news from my employer today 5 stores in the greater Albany,NY. area have been permanently closed. They were originally scheduled to be closed sometime in December. .Thankfully all employees will be paid through January of 2024. Never like to see a large group of  workers lose their jobs especially at the start of Holiday season. My employer Shoprite supermarkets entered the greater Albany area around ten years ago store closing as they have not met expected sales projections. 
The recalls keep coming  Skyline Provisions is recalling over 5 thousand pounds of ground beef after foreign objects found in some packages. Beef sold in 20 pound carton with 4 I assume 5 pound packages inside each carton. Beef under recall will have a production date of August 19,2023 .  (81/19 item code 00248 and 75/25 item code 000293 )   .i know this from working in the supermarket industry the first numbers you see 75/25 for example is the percentage of lean meat to fat or 75 percent lean meat 25 percent fat .

Fruit from HMC Farms/Signature Farms sold in 2 pound packages and individually peaches ,plums and nectarines sold a t various supermarket chains nationwide and at Walmarts . Product found to be contaminated with Listeria bacteria . the recall covers period of May 1,2022 to Nov.15,2022 and the same time period this year.( i assume there is concern some people may have frozen or canned the fruit and still have it in their homes to mention the 2022 dates ) Individual fruit should have stickers ,For more information contact HMC Farms at (844)-483-3867 here are the code numbers and fruits listed.

Yellow Peaches -4044 and 4038 , White Peaches -4401, Yelllow nectarines 4036,4378, White Nectarines -3035, Red Plums -4042,4040.

Also if any of you own BMW's and Subaru's check to get details on this recall combined with the Honda vehicles recall around 500 hundred thousand cars maybe affected sorry i do not have details on why Bmw and Subaru's are being recalled.

Ice Wanderer sorry you had to make the trip only to find ot your therapy session had been cancelled. I hope you gave the receptionist your cell phone number if this should happen again with instructions to use that number if calling one hour or less time for scheduled appointment. (I assume you travel to the VA hospital in Albany for your therapy . may the orthopedic doctor be happy with how you have progressed since surgery date.
Zcm-82 thank you for the information on deer hunting with firearms in your state. Sorry to hear there is little publicly owned land were you could hunt so must pay a fee to private land owners to get a hunting lease .
Eddie good to read the end of season work rush id coming to an end for your sons and they should have more time to hunt. glad you found most everything on your shopping trip .
Hunts2long thankyou for sharing the info. on your brother's or nephew's property. nice that your nephew has the connection and you all are able to hunt each other's properties . may you see more then a mouse on your next trip to the orchard . thanks for sharing the phot of your brother-nephew's deer heads from this year's hunting.
Wallyworld may the day of rest have you feeling better.
Fish/hunt4ever guessing you have not yet got around to winterizing your boat. to bad your wife had problems getting the rod out of holder and missed setting the hook on fish. Best wished to all of you with both the fishing and pheasant hunting.
IFF glad you made it safely back to Missouri . Best to you in cleaning up the leaves and processing the firewood. Sorry to hear about the roadkill deer, If you get back out hunting best to you in harvesting a nice buck.

I will post this early may everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving, Safe travel wished to you or your guests . To those in the north East seeing snow fromm this storm system may things not get to bad and stay alert when traveling. i know by me there always seems to be a high number of accidents during or just after the first snow of Winter season .

Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3615 on: Nov 22, 2023, 04:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 27* and cloudy. I had about 4" of snow. ::)
                             Steve...........Will the recalls ever stop, it seems there are too many. :blink: Shoprite also had a subsidiary Price Rite and the closed up
                    about two years ago in this area. :cookoo:
                             Bud..............I hope you can get the leaves cleaned up a wood split so you can get out hunting. :unsure:
                             Wally............I hope you are feeling better. :whistle:
                             H2l..............Maybe today with the fresh snow it will get the deer moving towards you. :whistle:
                             Eddie...........It's that time when construction companies shut down for the winter,  my sons Keith and Curt are done until spring today. :blink:
                             Fish.............Was it she wasn't fast enough or did the rod get stuck? ??? Good luck looking for more birds. :thumbsup:
                             Yesterday my appointment went well, the doctor said I was on track. I had explained that my left shoulder didn't give problems like this one.
                    His comment to me was, " I have three kids and I brought them up the same but they didn't turn out the same" Huh! lol
                             I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3616 on: Nov 22, 2023, 06:28 AM »
35* and foggy.

Mr. C, I saw another mouse yesterday PM, this one made about 3 trips around a big white pine.

WW, glad to see that you are taking it easy.

IW, good report on your follow-up.

I sat until the sleet/snow started just after 4 yesterday. I wasn't taking my time heading out and jumped a deer on my way. I usually am taking my time and my eyes open on the way out.

Looks like I have to get the snowblower out before this snow gets heavy, looks like about 4 inches.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3617 on: Nov 22, 2023, 09:50 AM »
Good morning,  well things looked a bit more promising this morning as to how many deer have been frequenting the property today had another doe with 2 yearlings joining in for a total of 5  turned out that wasn’t a road kill out on the road. Good frost on my windshield this morning, now it’s feeling a lot more like “hunting” season.

Turkey is thawing 😃 will be making a trip into Springfield later today for some shopping is about all that’s on the planner

Good day to all.   
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3618 on: Nov 22, 2023, 11:52 AM »
The rod got stuck in the rod holder, not sure how it was stuck but the wife must have dropped the rod down giving slack in the line when the fish came unbuttoned the rod came out easily. She said the fish felt heavy. Was going out today but just have not got the wife rounded up to head out yet, chilly today and a storm rolling in tomorrow so we might see snow on the ground and some ice on the lakes soon.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3619 on: Nov 22, 2023, 07:41 PM »
 Good evening , the storm stayed rain here in my location . In the upper forties outside currently. May all traveling have safe journeys ,same wished for any guests coming to spend the day with you . The store is closed tomorrow some competing chains in my area open until 2-3 PM . Thankful for this some employees will still have to work the grave yard shift on Thanksgiving night .
Ice Wanderer thank you for the info. on ShopRite's subsidiary stores Price Rite I did not know they had ventured into the Adirondack region of NY. The few times I have been in your area found the Supermarkets to be Price Chopper/Market32, Tops and Big M .Good to read your surgeon/doctor is happy with your progression since the surgery.
Hunts2long may you see some larger animal on your next hunt if the snow is still on ground will benefit all of you hunters showing deer travel. may the snowblower made quick work of the snow.
IFF good that you are seeing a few more deer.
Fish/hunt4ever may the fishing have been better if you got out today with a few walleye or trout boated .

Once again a Happy Thanksgiving wished to all during the day please take a moment to give thanks for all who have to work on Thanksgiving. Our first responders, military personal and some retail workers,etc.
Stay safe ,keep healthy.

Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3620 on: Nov 23, 2023, 04:35 AM »

Good Morning ER's,

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3621 on: Nov 23, 2023, 05:07 AM »
Have a great day all..

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3622 on: Nov 23, 2023, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Dom, Morning Everyone,

:bow:   Happy Thanksgiving wishes to the 9:45 Family and all the members of this great site!!   :bow:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3623 on: Nov 23, 2023, 05:25 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3624 on: Nov 23, 2023, 05:43 AM »
                                                          Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3625 on: Nov 23, 2023, 06:07 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. ENJOY!!!....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3626 on: Nov 23, 2023, 06:46 AM »
Good morning and happy thanksgiving all , might know smart a$$ buck walked across the yard at 4:00 am 😱
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3627 on: Nov 23, 2023, 09:43 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Sorry I forgot to say to all Veterans Thankyou.  Bud I started cleaning the cover it will be awhile but it may clean up ok Mom will fly the coop (memory care unit ) today for thanksgiving for most of the day.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3628 on: Nov 23, 2023, 09:45 AM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3629 on: Nov 23, 2023, 10:01 AM »
Morning yall, happy turkey day to everyone. May your food be delicious, your drinks refreshing, and your family pleasant.

Found out earlier in the week the mother-in-law got the covid, so Thanksgiving is postponed. To be honest, I'm not too upset about it. It's been a stressful time at work lately, and I just wasn't feeling up it. So the Mrs, bless her, braved the grocery store yesterday to pick up some alternatives, gonna make lasagna.

Auto shop was already plugging away on my truck first thing yesterday and building an estimate, gonna set me back about $1500-$2000. Parts aren't cheap and it's a pretty labor-intensive job. I've got the money, but such an unexpected expense always hurts. Fortunately I don't need too much more in the way of ice gear this year.

Temps finally dropped below freezing and are looking to sustain at-or-below freezing for at least a week, so fingers crossed this is the start. This time last year we already had walkable ice, but I'm not really going to complain about the lovely extended fall. I've been pretty unprepared for winter.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.