Author Topic: 11 mile  (Read 2464 times)

Offline HTG

• IceShanty Rookie
11 mile
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Hello I've heard the kokanee bite is starting at 11 mile and that Howberts point has been good. Does anyone know how far out from Howberts point you have to walk to find 40ft of water or a good location? I don't fish tht area much. Any other places been good? I would go to deer island but with all the snow its just not worth it.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: 11 mile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2007, 04:56 PM »
The shortest walk to deep water is from North Shore campground.  It gets deep40-60 ft instantly!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline HTG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:25 PM »
I think I know what your talking about. Thanks

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2007, 11:55 PM »
I was out there today.  I talked with a couple guys that went out by deer island said they only had 5 for the day.   I've had good luck in the past off coyote ridge out by the channel. But it's close to the same distance as the walk from witchers out past deer.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Offline HTG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2007, 02:11 PM »
I hit the mile yesterday, it was cold but no wind and clear skies so it made for a great day. I wish the fish would have been more cooperative. I went to Howbert point, started out in about 20 feet of water tried it for about an hour but didn't see anything. I moved out to about 38ft and caught 1 16" brown on the bottom and one 19" bow but no kokanee. I saw around 15 fish come through but most were about 10 feet down and they were all singles so I would guess they were all trout, got a few other hits but just couldn't find what I was looking for. Went in to about 5ft later in the afternoon and caught a 17" bow.  I noticed all of the people that were in shallow early were moving around I didn't see or talk to anyone that had any fish, not many people.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:11 PM »
Anyone fish 11 Mile today? Such a beautiful day figured somebody had to be on the ice. Just wondering how they were biting. Going up Saturday.

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2007, 09:27 AM »
Anyone fish 11 Mile today? Such a beautiful day figured somebody had to be on the ice. Just wondering how they were biting. Going up Saturday.

I wont be able to make it back until Monday,  Last Monday the trout and pike bite were good.  I fished off Howbert for trout and moved back to witchers in the afternoon for pike.  If you go up Saturday let us know how it goes.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:53 AM »
What's the average date for ice out on 11 Mile?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.