Author Topic: 11 mile Pike ??  (Read 563 times)

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
11 mile Pike ??
« on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:35 PM »
headed up on Monday to try targeting pike. looking for some info on what's the best bait set up. I caught a dozen suckers today ranging from 5 to 12 inches. as far a rigging them up. is it best rig them whole so the float horizontal or chunk them up? is it legal to use two hooks on a rigged sucker? was thinking suckers cove up in the weeds. I have never gone out specifically for pike. there's going to be four of us so we should be able to cover a good area. with tip ups.

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 11 mile Pike ??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2016, 08:59 PM »
It is legal to use a stinger hook on your sucker. I have seen several large pike in the cross creek area in 3 to 5 fow so far this year. Good luck

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:17 PM »
Per the colorado regulation brochure
COMMON HOOK is any hook or multiple hooks having a common shank. All hooks attached to a manufactured artificial lure shall be considered a common hook
ONE PERSONALLY ATTENDED LINE Each line shall have only three common hooks attached.
PERSONALLY ATTENDED LINE
means a rod and line, hand line or tip-up that is used for fishing and which is under the personal control of a person who is in proximity
to it.
So you can have up to three treble hooks rigged up to your sucker if you want.

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2016, 12:19 AM »
Ran into a nice one last year on the south? Side of the island at lazyboy he stared my jigs down several times it was  6' in the weeds ! I would like to target them as well there but haven't yet ! I tried williamsfork Wednesday with no luck . i rigged two hooks fore and aft to try and sit horizontal which it did just belly up! I read on here about rigging vertical and nose down! Not sure why probably because dead fish don't sit horizontal?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.