Author Topic: Reservoir Ice  (Read 1498 times)

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Reservoir Ice
« on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:38 PM »
Tried a reservoir near Saskatoon today. The ice had nearly doubled in thickness to between 5 - 6 inches over the past three days. Walking out 200 yards yielded a pair of walleye and a nice pike. A few more were hooked but lost on the way up.
Feels a little weird to catch fish through the ice before white tail season even begins.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
Re: Reservoir Ice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2019, 06:08 AM »
I was also at the local Reservoir yesterday. Delwood had 7.5 inches of Ice closer to shore and just under 7 inches out in the middle. Only one small Walleye caught but we were mainly interested in ice thicknes. This is the earliest I have ventured out on the ice in my 64 years
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Thanks for the report speckspotter........no w I just have to try 4 reservoirs to see which one you are hiding from us.  Well maybe not 4, as
a couple of them you couldn't catch a Walleye no matter how hard you tried.  So I think I have it narrowed down.....lol.

But like you say, weird ice fishing before deer season is over.  Should get our Mule Deer this weekend and wet a line next week before we head out
for Whitetail.  Good luck on your Whitetail.

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2019, 11:05 PM »
Spot not so hot today. Perhaps the big winds and low pressure slowed the action. Four of us bravely jigged for half the day. A few disinterested marks on the flasher and no bites. Yesterday they hit like trains, today the same presentation yielded a collective "Meehhh".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.