Author Topic: What new gear did you buy this season?  (Read 7353 times)

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What new gear did you buy this season?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:25 AM »
Jeez...Not much so far, but we do have an ice show in Milwaukee this weekend.   ;D  I'm sure some stuff will be following me home.
Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2017, 04:42 AM »
Changing of the guard for me. I'm stepping away from my giant Otter flip over and bought an Eskimo hub (money ahead on that deal). I also sold two gas augers and upgraded to a MKE Mud Mixer / K-drill for pretty much even up. Added a nice assortment of Moonshine Shiver Minnows and some jigging Raps.

C'mon ice! I'll be out somewhere in the St. Germain area this Saturday. Can't wait!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:38 AM »
Got me a buddy heater for $68 dollars from the pre blackfriday deal at tractor supply
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2017, 06:54 AM »
Few new rods and reels lots of new perch slayi g jigs.... But the most exciting thing I bought was an fl20.... Also picked up an fl8 that has an issue I need to send to vexilar so I can have a flasher for me and one for a buddy
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2017, 07:15 AM »
A 10" ION auger, a Eskimo pop up shelter, buddy heater, a chisel, skimmer, tie downs, jet sled, picks, and a bunch of assorted tackle. All for my son so he'll be off to a good start.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2017, 07:50 AM »
I told the Mrs that I would probably be on the ice before Christmas so she decided to give me my presents early. A nice set of micro spikes and Striker predator bibs and Jacket! She's a keeper! :thumbsup:

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Strikemaster lithium 40v in 8 inch. It arrives today!

Offline Sandalsnsocks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:29 AM »
Eskimo 43 mako 8’’  Otter XTH pro Lodge thermal, Marcum 485 camera, jet sled, ice magic and ice braid, some tackle rods reels, going out Saturday!
Easy does it.
Let them go so they can grow.

Offline nhm6408

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Ordered the new Otter XTH Pro Lodge. Hopefully get to try it out next week!

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Frabill Bro flip over, Vexilar FL-18, Fenwick rod and Pflueger President reel, and Striker Predator jacket. Really wasn't planning on purchasing all this, but black Friday and Cyber Monday brought some great deals. Can't wait to try everything out on the ice.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2017, 08:58 AM »
I haven't needed anything else for years now. That being said this year I got 2 Jaw Jackers,2 Ugly Stik rods for them and some more jigs. I cleaned out all my Jigs and Lures and I went from 6 boxes down to 3 to save some weight.
<===Lefty===

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 06, 2017, 10:34 AM »
a new flip over shanty and new ugly stick combo

Offline TheLionsFan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:17 PM »
Just got my new Jason Mitchell Thermal X shanty. 

Oh ya, a new bottle of oil for my auger.

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:19 PM »
I’m afraid to post on this thread for fear of my wife stumbling upon this website.

Offline 1750outfiterss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:37 PM »
2 new   one3 descent reels a set of hyfax runners , an iceducer for my HDS 7, Clam Plate, lil buddy heater $10.00 (yard sale NIB)  Now if everything would just lock up                       
Aquatic Species Relocation Engineer 
I only fish twice a week
Once for 3 and
once for four

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:47 PM »
I’m afraid to post on this thread for fear of my wife stumbling upon this website.
that's funny!  somehow my wife and I -  laptops are linked and we see what each other are looking at on Goggle- plus we share an Amazon account - that's good and baddddd at the same time. 
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2017, 08:59 PM »
that's funny!  somehow my wife and I -  laptops are linked and we see what each other are looking at on Goggle- plus we share an Amazon account - that's good and baddddd at the same time.

She knows about MOST of it.  We decided to get serious about it this year now that the kids are old enough to tag along.  This is what I can think of off the top of my head:

Eskimo P1 Rocket 10”
Eskimo Fatfish 949i
Marcum LX-6s
A handful of Tuned Up Custom Rods
10 Arctic Fire tip ups
A sled
A buddy heater
A couple hundred dollars of lures/jigs
A tackle bag, line, hooks, etc.
Some of those interlocking rubber floor things

I’m sure I’m leaving out some stuff; but, that’s pretty much the lion’s share.  We’re really looking forward to ice so we can get this stuff out and use it!

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:14 PM »

She knows about MOST of it.  We decided to get serious about it this year now that the kids are old enough to tag along.  This is what I can think of off the top of my head:

Eskimo P1 Rocket 10”
Eskimo Fatfish 949i
Marcum LX-6s
A handful of Tuned Up Custom Rods
10 Arctic Fire tip ups
A sled
A buddy heater
A couple hundred dollars of lures/jigs
A tackle bag, line, hooks, etc.
Some of those interlocking rubber floor things

I’m sure I’m leaving out some stuff; but, that’s pretty much the lion’s share.  We’re really looking forward to ice so we can get this stuff out and use it!
I have the Marcum Showdown 5.6 - works great but have itch for the Hummingbird Ice Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2 - and she sees how much I'm looking at it - cool part she's ok with it - so that's a TRAP!!!  If I buy that - she'll buy something crazy for herself - it's TRAP!!!!!   So what do I do??????
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I have the Marcum Showdown 5.6 - works great but have itch for the Hummingbird Ice Helix 7 Chirp GPS G2 - and she sees how much I'm looking at it - cool part she's ok with it - so that's a TRAP!!!  If I buy that - she'll buy something crazy for herself - it's TRAP!!!!!   So what do I do??????

Buy it for HER!

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 12, 2017, 01:16 PM »

Buy it for HER!
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!   She doesn't fish, doesn't like fish, doesn't like cold weather, doesn't go outside in the cold....   it's the PERFECT Christmas gift for her to unwrap!
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline hole_hopper454

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 12, 2017, 02:25 PM »
Nils 6" hand auger and 4 tip downs.  Still debating on ordering a Striker Hardwater suit now or waiting till spring to try to get a better deal.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 12, 2017, 03:12 PM »
I've got a new custom under the tree that I can't wait to try out! My wife included me in the purchase so she was sure that it was exaclty what I wanted. Also ordered a few more okuma Ceymar 10s, cold snap reel wraps, and a bunch of misc tackle for an upcoming trip. Also considering taking the plunge to mount my helix on a new lithium shuttle.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #52 on: Dec 12, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Shimano Casitas MGL...on order.  Heard this was the bomb for affordable lightweight spool.  Would be great for ice fishing baitcaster.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline dap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 12, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Humminbird Ice Helix 5 chirp gps g2 for the hut. Going to keep my troller 2.0 for tip ups and hole hoppin.

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:09 PM »
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!   She doesn't fish, doesn't like fish, doesn't like cold weather, doesn't go outside in the cold....   it's the PERFECT Christmas gift for her to unwrap!

I bought my wife a new bird dog 2 years ago for Christmas.  She was thrilled.

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:43 PM »
DeWalt DCD996 20V MAX* XR Lithium Ion Brushless Premium 3-Speed Hammerdrill Kit; includes side handle, charger and (2) DCB205 20V MAX* XR High Capacity Li-Ion Batteries (5.0Ah)

8" K-Drill
Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline nicjohnsrud

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 14, 2017, 10:07 AM »
Just bought an ICE35! F&F sale for $275. My first flasher, I'm very excited! Also bought some Ice Blue rods, and going to soon place an order for some new fiskas from yourbobbersdown.com. I'm hoping to get out Saturday.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Dec 14, 2017, 02:30 PM »
just bought the new insulated otter hub. got the 4-5man. one heavy bugger but haven't opened it yet. going to transport with the sled so weight isn't a issue. ill make a review once i use it.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #58 on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:21 PM »

Ask me if I need a bag.   Reply:  No thanks I was married once.

Two new jigging rods, two new reels, new auger powerhead,  a big box of jig tying supplies, a dozen 1 ounce jigs to make up for what I couldn't tye. New ugly stik tackle bag, enough new jigs to fill three big plastic boxes. A new 12V 18ah battery to replace the 8ah battery that is 10 years old.
Last but not least, tomorrow I pick up my new eskimo 949i shelter.   

I better do the ironing, dishes, clean the toilet, vaccume the floor. Being single has its rewards too.
Thread killer

Offline MSUICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 15, 2017, 09:12 AM »
new spud - 2pc clam
new bib/coat - clam ice armor xtreme
new reels - eagle claw inlines
new lures - mostly just a lot of new plastics from mudd butt and contraband baits
new contraption - the ice jager glow cup should be delivered today! excited to try it out!
a couple new rods/reels - 1 clam genz with a nice spring bobber, I have two Jason Mitchell springbobber rods but i'm going to replace the springbobbers with ones I like more, as one of the factory ones already broke. also finally fishing up a custom 24"UL st. Croix blank that I had sitting around.
I upgraded my FL18 propack to a FL 18 Ultra pack due to my battery gauge not working on my propack and the minimal price different to go up to an ultrapack rather than just buying the new battery gauge.
new adjustable foam slip bobbers for minnow fishing.
new to me beaver dam tipups.
finally got a drill adapter and a nice ridged x5 drill, going to give it a whirl with my 5" lazer. may get an extension just so my back doesn't feel it.
almost forgot, I upgraded the tent on my old fish trap pro to a full thermal one, and also added some hyfax runners on the bottom.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.