Author Topic: Evening Walleye Bite  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Evening Walleye Bite
« on: Jan 29, 2023, 04:02 PM »

Ice Fishing for Walleye at Sunset and into the night on a Jigging Jaw Jacker. Fishing in Alberta on the centrally located Pigeon Lake. This lake is known to hold many walleye and if you can find a location that has some structure you will likely be into multiple fish as the sun sinks below the horizon.

While Walleye can be docile during the day and not actively feeding the fading light always seems to get them on the move. When they are moving to their feeding zones you can set up along drops and underwater humps to intercept them. Few things work better than a jig and minnow.

Especially for walleye that are not super aggressive the simple jig and minnow is a proven method of landing fish the most consistently. Putting a jig and minnow on a Jaw Jacker will also work. With the addition of the TOOTH WHEEL on the Jigging Jaw Jacker these fish could not resist. This one unit got so many hits this night it was surprising.

The stationary Jaw Jacker was set up with a 7mm tungsten and piece of minnow as well. It was hit but much less frequent than the Jigger. Check out Circle Tackle Poker Face Tungsten jigs if you want to see what I was using.

Ice Fishing Low Light is an excellent way to target walleye. Not the greatest for videoing especially when your light is going out, but an excellent way to encounter night feeding walleye.

If you have any questions about this video let me know in the comments below. I'll be quick to answer you. If not, just be patient or try another comment. Not all of them send me notifications.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
Re: Evening Walleye Bite
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2023, 07:39 PM »
Nice video. I've always caught fish through the ice on overcast days. Canada is a great fishery. :)
Master Laker taker.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Evening Walleye Bite
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2023, 01:54 PM »
Nice video. I've always caught fish through the ice on overcast days. Canada is a great fishery. :)

Yeah I like overcast.  Easier than sunny days for me.  Canada is a big place, quite varied fisheries across it.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.