The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Atv rear storage box  (Read 1228 times)

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
Atv rear storage box
« on: Jan 27, 2023, 11:03 AM »
Hey guys finally pulled the trigger and bought myself an atv for ice fishing.

What I’m looking for is some ideas with set up for ice fishing especially for the rear box. I’ve been doing some research and nothing really stands out as being a clear cut great box.

Let me know what you have and if you like it.

Thanks in advance and stay safe out there looks like some decent ice making weather is finally in our future
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Offline rickwalley

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Atv rear storage box
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2023, 11:31 AM »
Although a little pricey, many people feel that Otter’s ATV Monster Box is the best way to go.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2023, 05:30 AM »
 I tie wrap 3 milk crates to the back rack every fishing season,each crate holds a bucket with my stuff.  A Kolpin auger rack is mounted on the front rack.

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:31 AM »

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:38 AM »

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:39 AM »
Plenty storage for my flasher, several fish poles, spare batteries for my auger. Auger has a rack on the top of it and buckets go in the rear bucket holder. Great set up for ice fishing. I’ve seen a few others online similar

Offline sleddog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:41 AM »

For me the Otter box is perfect. I carry everything except the Little Buddy heater in it. Vexilar, 1lb propane, gloves, ice anchors, aqua view camera, tackle bags, tools & rod holders. On top there is a collapsible shovel & ice skimmer. My rods are in a hard rod case that’s bungeed to the top.

Offline Vtperchchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2023, 06:47 AM »
I like the otter box looks like another great set up. I also have a jumbo jet sled I’ve customized. I don’t have a towable shanty anymore. Have an Eskimo 3I tent. So I made my jumbo jet sled my pack all and dry storage

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2023, 09:20 AM »
Hard to beat milk crates, and they’re free.
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2023, 10:34 AM »
For the price, large cooler seems the perfect application. Especially if you can get a cheap flat deck for the back end to secure it on. Doesn't have to be a yeti or anything, but it's going to me more durable than a sterilite tote, and the temperature stability is great for the batteries, food, or whatever else. Mount rod holder clips to the lid, you can make dividers to keep your gear organized in the bottom. Sounds like a great, cheap(er) solution!
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline ISLAND STORM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2023, 07:41 PM »
Thanks guys for all the great ideas and pictures!!! It’s been really helpful!!! Hopefully will be running into some of you again this year and I will post some pics once complete. Be on the lookout for a red Eskimo shack with a Can Am parked next to it. Good luck and be safe out there!!
My Biggest worry is that when I'm dead and gone, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Tight lines and be safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.