Author Topic: Long Lake Derby In Maine  (Read 1253 times)

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Long Lake Derby In Maine
« on: Jan 14, 2023, 04:56 PM »
For any ice shanty members from any state going to the long lake derby in St Agatha Jan. 28th and the 29th.  I have been talking to Paul Bernier, (working for the derby). They have put together 3 prize packages for the member that has the biggest salmon, brook trout and togue. to be enter into this YOU MUST HAVE A MEMBERSHIP CARD with your fish. Scott Freeman is going to post one this week so you may copy and print it the prize for one will be some type of clothing hoodie. shirt ect.  This is something I have been working on for the last couple of years If you have any Questions, please pm me and I will try to answer them Thanks Linguini 

Offline GOT FISH?

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Long Lake Derby In Maine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2023, 05:02 AM »
How do I obtain a membership card? Is there any ice updates for the week before the derby?

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2023, 06:12 PM »

to enter to win the hoodie for biggest Brookie, salmon or togue you must Have a copy of this card.

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2023, 06:13 PM »
try coping and print 

Offline Aknightz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:51 AM »
Hell yeah, I'll be up for the derby. Fishing on Long Lake. Did it in '21 and had a blast despite how cold it was out on the lake (-19 F). Hope to see you guys out there. White Perch and Salmon here we come, and also all the yellows you can ice.

AK :tipup:

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2023, 03:51 PM »
be very careful. we got 21in. of snow last weekend and sleet/ freezing rain and 6in. of snow the last couple days. had to go save my brothers shack sun. as we put it on the day of the storm. while jacking it the back broke thru. the warm weather and water on the ice ate the ice under the shack. the guy next to us lost his hylift while jacking his. was 5-6in. before the storm. could be less now as its not got -0 and wont before the derby. worst conditions ive seen for late jan. in my 52 years fishing these lakes. id only walk out there.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2023, 03:51 PM »
be very careful. we got 21in. of snow last weekend and sleet/ freezing rain and 6in. of snow the last couple days. had to go save my brothers shack sun. as we put it on the day of the storm. while jacking it the back broke thru. the warm weather and water on the ice ate the ice under the shack. the guy next to us lost his hylift while jacking his. was 5-6in. before the storm. could be less now as its not got -0 and wont before the derby. worst conditions ive seen for late jan. in my 52 years fishing these lakes. id only walk out there.

Offline Aknightz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2023, 06:38 AM »
Thanks for the update, truly appreciated. We may end up going either way as my fiance's family lives up on the lake so its not bad to make the trip.

AK  :tipup:

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:55 AM »
I'll be up there but I've got a house full of snowmachine riders to show around. Good luck to those fishing!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2023, 02:19 PM »
Thanks for the update, truly appreciated. We may end up going either way as my fiance's family lives up on the lake so its not bad to make the trip.

some of the coves have good ice but the usual fishing spots will be sketchy at best. slush will be bad the second you punch a hole.

Offline Aknightz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2023, 10:42 AM »
Unfortunately will not be making it up for the derby this weekend. We have a funeral to go to and cannot miss that. Tight lines and be safe to everyone who gets up and out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.