Author Topic: The "Mega Power Box!"  (Read 1085 times)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
The "Mega Power Box!"
« on: Jan 07, 2023, 06:41 PM »
I have been working on this Mega Power Box over the last couple months. It has 2 chinese diesel heaters and a 100ah lithium battery. I am experimenting with reclaiming heat off the exhaust in the bottom of the box with radiant fins on the exhaust pipes. The ducts are magnetic for ease of use. I have metal rings on polycarbonate windows for the hub. It has a 30"×21" footprint. If this works as I have planned it will be awesome.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The "Mega Power Box!"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2023, 07:24 PM »
By 'reclaing the heat' of the exhaust, I presume it's to be more efficient on heating the fresh air taken in? Like a pre-heater?
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2023, 08:14 PM »
That is the plan, rather than having a cold air return from the shanty, the air going over the exchanger is not outside temp but a bit warmer from reclaiming exhaust heat.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2023, 08:26 PM »
By 'reclaing the heat' of the exhaust, I presume it's to be more efficient on heating the fresh air taken in? Like a pre-heater?

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2023, 09:08 PM »
Sure looks like it should work. I've read comments from people about cycling the air from inside the hut, I just wasn't really sure how one would go about it. I haven't gotten to see one of those diesel heaters in action yet. But, from the reviews on here, they sound like a must-have for those who appreciate fishing in maximum comfort
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.