Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Jan Rain?  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jan Rain?
« on: Jan 03, 2023, 09:52 AM »
Wow, getting quite a bit last night and this morning. Thinking with the less than stellar 10 day forecast with very few lows under 20 some areas might be screwed. weather channel goes out to the 17th with no cold snap in site. Hope that forecast is wrong.

Offline frozentoze

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Jan Rain?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2023, 12:00 PM »
Was hoping to get out this week, was just up fishing in Wisconsin with 5 inches of ice the other day. Thinking the Des Moines area may not be an option for weeks :(

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2023, 12:06 PM »
Having the same issue out east. This weather is no bueno.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline BasscatJake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2023, 12:12 PM »
Had 1" of rain in my gauge here in Boone. I think the hwy 20 area in NW and central Iowa will still be good for the most part but the hwy 30 area is going to be real spotty. I'm off all week so I'm going to plan on scouting some areas and see how safe the ice is

Offline BasscatJake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2023, 01:49 PM »
Fished Brushy yesterday and the ice was just fine. No change from the weekend from what I saw. Just got back from fishing the Jay Carlson pits by Boone and the shore is very inconsistent out to 15ft from the bank. Once you got past the slushy weak ice, it was fine for the most part. Anywhere from 3-8". I'd still use a spud bar as it's not a consistent thickness throughout

Offline SRB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2023, 03:09 PM »
SE Iowa here, just joined today. :)

Fished an 11-acre farm pond Sunday, was pleasantly surprised to find 4.5 inches of good hard, clear (and very slick) ice. Moaning and popping all afternoon so hopefully it is growing, plan to hit it hard this weekend if not before.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.