Author Topic: Taking the Plunge...LIVESCOPE Build  (Read 12299 times)

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Taking the Plunge...LIVESCOPE Build
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2022, 11:23 AM »
Ok, so I got my GLS10/LVS34 bundle through Cabbies with a 12% cash back deal using a certain site that I guess we cannot discuss here for some reason.

Everything is put together and I am having some type of power supply issue on the plotter.  Verified the same issue with two different charged lithium batteries.  The head unit screen goes black after 10-15 minutes.  I put on the voltage alarm, but that is not beeping before the unit goes off.  Is this a normal idle sleep mode?  There is no setting to turn off sleep mode that I can see.  I did turn off the auto power down setting and actually just did a factory reset on the unit to troubleshoot that as well....

The only variables I think I did not check is the voltage to the power cable harness and the unit cradle. 

Could it be a fuse issue?  Garmin's website says it uses a 10A fuse, but the cable came with a 15A. https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/780826. I also don't have the ground connected on the GLS box, but I think this issue was happening before the box was introduced.

Adding a bit more detail.  The unit screen turns black and I need to hold the power button to reboot.  It goes through its map loading, magenta line, etc and then it goes back to the screen I left it on...  makes me wonder if it is a sleep mode. 

I do not have the livescope 'ducer connected (to avoid running it dry), but the box is plugged in.  Just tested it in water with the transducer plugged in and it shut down again.  It was reading 16v though so i don't think its a voltage issue...  I am not seeing any voltage drop, the screen just freezes and then turns off.

It's all a bit concerning. What am I missing? Anyone else having this issue?  I really hope its not a bad head unit since I bought it back in April.

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2022, 12:55 PM »
Did you get er working?

I won an ECHOMAP UHD 73SV in a fishing tournament and am also taking the plung.  I heard that using a Lithium battery will give you better clarity is this true?
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2022, 07:28 PM »
Did you get er working?

I won an ECHOMAP UHD 73SV in a fishing tournament and am also taking the plung.  I heard that using a Lithium battery will give you better clarity is this true?

I think 9" and above units are required for Livescope.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 06, 2022, 08:26 AM »
Yes I do believe so. I started a different thread for the troubleshooting. It was a sd card issue with active captain. It must have lost connection in an update and the unit kept searching to complete the update and it was freezing the unit every 10-15 min. I reformatted the sd card and now it doesn’t freeze anymore. Also going to refrain from using active captain unless it’s a critical update.

Here's the thread:

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=390380.msg4279283#msg4279283

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2022, 07:44 AM »
I think 9" and above units are required for Livescope.

Specs say the 7 inch is compatible to GLS10 and the LVS34 along with the others.

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 07, 2022, 07:45 AM »
Yes I do believe so. I started a different thread for the troubleshooting. It was a sd card issue with active captain. It must have lost connection in an update and the unit kept searching to complete the update and it was freezing the unit every 10-15 min. I reformatted the sd card and now it doesn’t freeze anymore. Also going to refrain from using active captain unless it’s a critical update.

Here's the thread:

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=390380.msg4279283#msg4279283

Good to know, Thanks for posting!

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 07, 2022, 08:06 AM »
Hopefully it helps some others. It was certainly frustrating!!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #37 on: Jan 17, 2023, 02:01 PM »
Get the LS out on the ice yet, Tug?

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 17, 2023, 02:07 PM »
Soon!!!!  Got some work travel and a bachelor party this weekend, but I am getting irritated about the weather at this point.  Slim pickings locally.  For sure going to Chaumont Bay 2/9-2/13, but would like to get out before that. Maybe a day trip next weekend, will keep you posted.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #39 on: Jan 17, 2023, 03:22 PM »
Ugh thats rough lol. Been getting mine out every weekend...the things it can see are wild!

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 17, 2023, 04:18 PM »
What’s the best thing you have seen so far? I saw a pike race across the screen when I used a guides last year. It was awesome.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2023, 06:35 AM »
Love how you can see all the structure. Have seen couple times I’ve been reeling in a bass and a giant pike would come charging in all excited. Can also gauge the commitment of the fish based on how they show up. You can see into the weeds. That’s probably one of the coolest things being able to do that. Standard flashers can’t do it.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 18, 2023, 11:38 AM »
Looking forward to some time with my unit!

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 06, 2023, 12:29 PM »
Finally heading up to Chaumont to test the livescope this weekend.  Pumped.  Will advise how she works.

Offline Sufishticated

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 06, 2023, 01:04 PM »
If all goes well i'll see you there  :tipup:

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 06, 2023, 01:32 PM »
If all goes well i'll see you there  :tipup:

EXCELLENT!!! Hope to see you buddy.

Offline Fishdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 07, 2023, 05:20 PM »
Not trying to high jack this thread, but I am wondering if someone knows what type of connectors are on the Garmin lithium-ion 4-1 power cable the grey colored ones.Model number is 010-13140-11. Also there is Barrel connector for charging I believe what would the size be for the male. Not much information on the Garmin site emailed them still have not heard back. I appreciate you feed back . Thank you.

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 08, 2023, 10:41 AM »
Not trying to high jack this thread, but I am wondering if someone knows what type of connectors are on the Garmin lithium-ion 4-1 power cable the grey colored ones.Model number is 010-13140-11. Also there is Barrel connector for charging I believe what would the size be for the male. Not much information on the Garmin site emailed them still have not heard back. I appreciate you feed back . Thank you.

I would say to give them a call.  They were very friendly the times I had to talk to them. 

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 14, 2023, 09:30 AM »
Finally got out on the hard water with the new livescope. Everything worked flawlessly and it was amazing seeing the different types of fish and their behavior. Had a few shots at big fish but wasn’t our trip. Battery gave us 12 hours no problem. We fished 3 so it took a couple hours to dial the settings and figure out the best transducer positioning but after that it was set and forget. One note that the nut connecting the bottom of my summit pole to the transducer mount was loose and it was causing the ducer to not move when I spun the pole. Just had to pull of the mount and tighten that nut and all was well again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.