Author Topic: Frostbite Burnt 2.0 Reel Seats  (Read 4382 times)

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frostbite Burnt 2.0 Reel Seats
« on: Mar 08, 2021, 04:17 PM »
Just got a few of the Mr Big the other day to bide my time until I find the right laker blank that I want to build.  Would have went a different direction with a high end purchase (Haat, TUCR, etc), but me and the fishing buds ordered 3.  Shipped very fast, no worries there.  They all showed up in small cardboard tubes inside a bigger box (still good).  Pull the rod out and try to fit the 2500 stradic in there and the thing is nowhere near fitting in there flush.  Ok, try to force it a bit and foregrip and accent ring come unglued.  Email frostbite....  They send this handy pdf document saying that they know the reel seats are tight and do not force them.  Give them a few days to "compress the cork"  ???  This document is referenced nowhere online or on Youtube.  I thought these guys were marketing gurus???  So I will attach it to help future folks, but if I am being completely honest, I would have gotten something else if it was not the economy model.  Nice blank, not sure about quality control, as has been documented on here before.....  Also, one of them had a broken tip.  Still waiting for disposition there  ::)

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Frostbite Burnt 2.0 Reel Seats
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2021, 01:10 PM »
So they are sending replacements for the broken ones.  Took a few days but still good customer service.  Still compressing reels into the seats, so not sure how flush they will end up being after a few days (or if I will need to leave the real mounted), but we shall see.  They do have a nice action on the blanks. Hopefully they will add that pdf guide for not breaking your reel seat on the webpage for future folks.  Good thing ice season is waning down, would not have been too happy to be on way to go on a trip only to find I need 3 days(?!) to fit the reel into the seat properly.  Alternative option would be a non-reel seat economy option as well.  Food for thought.     

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2021, 12:38 PM »
Still no replacement rods.  Not a good look for this company, and I will not order again.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2021, 02:58 PM »
Dang, not cool. And compress the cork??
Better options out there.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2021, 09:22 PM »
Very unfortunate to hear. I would never have bought from them, but figured they would at least stand behind products and have decent customer service. Have you tried contacting them on social media? (if you are on there).

I wondered what would happen after going from working directly with a custom rod builder and all hand built rods, to sourcing the rods overseas.

Offline waterlike

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2021, 09:36 PM »
I bought one rod burnt dipstick during the 20192020 season, and it was good quality, no issues. Last year I bout three more roda, and all three have issues. Two burnt rods, the 36 and 37 in medium, the top eye on the end of the rod isn't a closed circle. It's like they forgot to solder it and it's open. The line will sneak through it. The other rod was the more expensive dipstick with titanium guides....and the rod seat doesn't line up with the guides. It's like a half inch to an inch off.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2021, 07:19 AM »
Not a complete surprise to me. And that's all I have to say about that.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2021, 02:46 PM »
 ::)

Fish Frostbite USA
HOME

ABOUT US
Warranty Info
FAQs

Warranty Policy

Here at Frostbite we stand by our product, but we also stand by our customers, and realize defects are possible. If you have any concerns with your purchase, we ask that you contact us within 30 days of receiving your order for a replacement.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2021, 08:25 AM »
I contacted them immediately and sent photos of the defects. Their customer service department is run anonymously so I still have no idea who I was talking to. Stock was out so they held my money for replacements and apparently got a new customer service person that said it was not right of them for holding my money and then it took a few weeks and emails to process the refund due to the extended delay from purchase. No name or contact info provided from cs. Never seen anything like it. Guess that is “standing behind your product”. No thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.