The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Williamsport area bait reminder  (Read 1162 times)

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T7 Custom Rods, CatchEmAll Custom jigs
Williamsport area bait reminder
« on: Feb 11, 2015, 09:40 AM »
As everyone knows in this area bait is hard to find. A place called Natural Waterscapes in Halls Station down by the Lycoming Mall ( Exit 15 on I-180 ) has spikes, mousies, waxies, fatheads, and shiners. The business is actually a place that sells pond supplies but they have been getting bait for the past 1/2 of year. If coming from Williamsport direction, at the bottom of the exit ramp ( light ) turn right and go around a 1/4 of a mile, they're on the left just before Bastian tire.
Be safe & Tight lines...........Wiley

Offline EvoIceJig8

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Williamsport area bait reminder
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2015, 08:46 PM »
Hey I live in Williamsport and agree. Good baits are hard to find in this area. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to make a trip up there.

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2015, 06:20 AM »
Ever since wertmans closed, and Gander Mountain decided in its infinite wisdom that it wasnt going to sell bait anymore, bait has been hard to find.

Offline dixson42002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Thank you for posting this.  I was having trouble finding spikes.

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Ever since wertmans closed, and Gander Mountain decided in its infinite wisdom that it wasnt going to sell bait anymore, bait has been hard to find.
Gander Mt sold bait long enough to run a lot of the small local shops out then they stop selling bait :%$#!:

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2015, 08:35 PM »
don't be afraid to order waxworms or spikes online,, it seems a lot of the smaller stores have vanished, (its a shame), but the online ordering isn't too bad, and the prices of some places are decent... but as for minnows.... you don't have much choice...

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2015, 08:40 PM »
Super x, 

I'm pretty sure wertmans was the whole sale guy for the area.  He was the guy I always went to when he was open.   He pretty much watched me grow up how much I frequented there.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2015, 03:27 AM »
He was for the most part, there were a few bait wholesalers in the area that supplied Gander Mountain when I worked there, one of them being from Linden and the other from Harrisburg.

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T7 Custom Rods, CatchEmAll Custom jigs
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:19 AM »
Yea the whole area miss's Wertman's, Larry is one of my friends and have know him for many years. I don't think he wanted to close up like he did, but both of his parents got ill and he has been taking care of them for quite a few years now. It would be nice to see him open back up but I really don't know if it's in the cards. I spent many of nights after work to help pack bait, make deliveries or just go down and hang out. He was probably one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, the kind of guy that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it.
Be safe & Tight lines...........Wiley

Offline aquabob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Winner hardware on Dewey Ave. also has live bait....

Offline doognivek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2015, 02:38 PM »
Well, winner hardware sells live minnows, dead in hours.. just sayin.. Not thrilled their prices on bait or tackle and positive customer service is non-existent..
HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.