The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ALERT: Bite should be hot  (Read 1916 times)

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
ALERT: Bite should be hot
« on: Jan 31, 2014, 05:48 AM »
With the warm up coming in now, I have a good idea the bite may get hot this weekend if the pressure stablizes. Good luck!

Offline outbakjak

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ALERT: Bite should be hot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:00 AM »
lets hope so,i think we all need a boost in action,its been slow here in the north east

Offline iceman2719

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I couldn't agree more. If tonight was any indication, ur right on. Had my best outing of the season tonight.
Don't horse em!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:22 PM »
it is because of the high pressure not the air warm up  sheer coincidence.  I do like the warmer weather though,  its a change for the better.   

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2014, 07:32 PM »
It seemed to have the opposite effect where we were fishing today. Only one small bass all day from 10 tip ups.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2014, 08:37 PM »
It seemed to have the opposite effect where we were fishing today. Only one small bass all day from 10 tip ups.
you were right 3 hrs after barometer changed they went on the feed it was non stop action till dark hope it rolls into tomorrow
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Five mile

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2014, 10:22 PM »
Best day I've ever had on the ice!  Of course it was also the first time I ever fished with a flasher.  Boy, it felt like I was cheating.

Offline Fishingjg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2014, 06:56 AM »
well I have to tell you here in eastern Pa is stank. But that ground hog saw his shadow so there is another 6 weeks of winter yet to come.

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:38 PM »
 I have to agree with ya Fishingjg, it stunk where i went fishing yesterday! I caught 1 fish for 4 hours of fishing! Thats terrible for me! Almost a skunk! But I thought the same thing that the bite would be good but I think it had the opposite effect out here in the east!
TEAM  PA.

Offline Geno "87"

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2014, 12:51 PM »
No luck for my crew yesterday on Sayers six hours four hole hoppers and only a few fish all small. Maybe we weren't holding our mouths in the right position??

Offline diggerd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2014, 03:15 PM »
Groundhog said we will have a long ice season this year. That's great fishing is on fire in north west Pa.pyme has been great the last three days!

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2014, 03:31 PM »
I fished in ne pa yesterday and it was varry slow. I fished from 7to4 got 4 crappies3 gills 1 perch 1 17 inch bass and 1 20 inch pickereal . Usually I get 40to 50 flags at this private lake.the bass, pickerel and perch were on tipups and I got 3 other flags . It was raining and snowing I think that had something to do with the bite!

Offline new on the ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2014, 03:32 PM »
I fished Presque isle yesterday in rain all day. It was by far, the worst day I had this year. Also nobody around doing well at all.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:34 PM »
I had an unbelievable day today in the Poconos. :o  Windy, rain, sleet; didn't matter. Fish went on a steady bite mid day and never stopped. Unfortunately most of the fish were small to medium size but I stubbornly weeded through them and got two meals worth. First good bite I've seen in about eight outings.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:40 PM »
you were right 3 hrs after barometer changed they went on the feed it was non stop action till dark hope it rolls into tomorrow
GOD BLESS
mo
still rolling,went after church today flags till dark,alot of hit and drops good flurry at 5 pm,fish still workin the weed edges,legs sore need a rest lol pannies must be stacked up with the bass
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #15 on: Feb 04, 2014, 01:46 PM »
Well. .check out the Lily lake report... I put pictures in that thread of our outing.

Offline treblesandshiners

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 07, 2014, 08:40 AM »
bite is getting better fished yesterday caught 1 pike 3 other flags but drops ice on top with snow very noisy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.