The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Nockamixom  (Read 1116 times)

Offline FINADDICT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Nockamixom
« on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:03 PM »
   Moving to Holland Twp NJ during the upcoming ice season, and Nockamixom looks like the closest lake to the new home.  Checked it out on conditions page, and seems to have a good mix of species.  Looking for information and opinions from those that fish it.  Any help with Nockamixom or other nearbye spots is greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Fin.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Nockamixom
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2005, 08:50 PM »
fin i will be giving the nock as its called a shot this year checked it out last night and was still open except for a couple of back coves. lake towhee is down the road from the nock and has a lot of panfish but gets hammerd. also there is levittown lake in lower bucks which is 5 minutes from my house and i fish for gills perch crappie and trout. hope this helps some.

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2005, 05:40 AM »
As far as the ice fishing goes, the Nock and Towee are really good Pickeral fisheries. The Bass in Towhee is also good and the Nock has good Bass as well though hard to find. The Nock also has some decent Musky, Crappie, and Walleye fishing. There are stocked Stripers and Wipers I believe as well.Towhee gets lots of action as it's on avg 5' deep and freezes fast. If you want more detailed information, PM me and I can tell some spots to check out.

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline FINADDICT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I'll probably do a far amount of fishing at these lakes, since my drive to Lake Hopatcong is about an hour where I'm at now, moving farther west only makes it that much longer.  Are walleye and musky a fairly regular catch at the Noc?  Caught my first walleyes through the ice last year and would like to get some more.  I wouldn't mind battling with a big, toothy, musky either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.