New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1032107 times)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #9180 on: Feb 26, 2024, 06:46 AM »
Thanks Bruce
 Forgot to mention on my walk back in the heal cleat broke on my 15 year old Kahtoolas snapped in half , think they would warranty them lol , but I have a pair of knock offs I might be able to parts and resurrect my my creepers

I have faith with a little redneck engineering you'll fix them
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline oneida!!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9181 on: Feb 26, 2024, 02:44 PM »
with two very mild winters in a row now and limited ice fishing seriously thinking of buying second boat. I currently have 22 ft tri toon wit 150hp great all round boat but never gets in the water much before 1st or 2nd week of May and out by mid September not the easiest to solo  trailer/get in and out so stays in hoist all season, If i could get like an 18ft aluminum with like 25hp tiller motor would at least get few extra months if i wanted to get out easy to trailer and get in and out solo....

Offline fly_rodder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9182 on: Feb 26, 2024, 03:39 PM »
with two very mild winters in a row now and limited ice fishing seriously thinking of buying second boat. I currently have 22 ft tri toon wit 150hp great all round boat but never gets in the water much before 1st or 2nd week of May and out by mid September not the easiest to solo  trailer/get in and out so stays in hoist all season, If i could get like an 18ft aluminum with like 25hp tiller motor would at least get few extra months if i wanted to get out easy to trailer and get in and out solo....
Not a bad idea. I have a fishing kayak with a small electric motor in it. Supposedly enough juice to troll all day, but I've only used it for shoulder seasons to get me out far enough to jig.  Sunday is looking like a good day to clean up all of those hungry perch and walleye who haven't had a rapp smack their forehead in two years.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9183 on: Feb 26, 2024, 04:07 PM »

Took a break from the ice to float the river with the goon in his new drift boat , great ride ,here are a few pics , steelheads wanted beads today

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9184 on: Feb 26, 2024, 04:54 PM »
Great day to be out there Fred.

A few days in the 60s in the forecast. This could get interesting. Imagine all the fish that haven’t been caught the past 2 winters…

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9185 on: Feb 27, 2024, 05:47 AM »
 Thanks
 Well I reported I broke a cleat off my 15 year old Kahtoolas , well I had a cheap pair of knock offs the elastom
 Was very weak so I took the cleats off and put them on the Kahtoolas it was a pain and the chains needed to be shortened but it was well worth it , and now I also have an extra 4 points of traction 😃
 Looks like my ice season maybe over , with this weather coming

Offline SeanP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Formally known as SPN1
« Reply #9186 on: Feb 27, 2024, 08:22 AM »
Nice job on the Steelies!!! look's like a great day!!

SeanP

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9187 on: Feb 29, 2024, 04:56 AM »
I've been winter boat fishing more lately than ever out of a 21' key west with a 200HP outboard and I'll say little bigger power plant won't hurt you and high sides on a boat in winter is nice too. You want to avoid spray and be able to get off relatively quickly safely. DEC checks the life jacket situation too so wear one if required and I wear one while moving even though I'm long enough not to have to. When it's good it's good but I did get into a wrong weather report where the wind flipped from the south about double what was forecast and riled up the finger lake I was on into 3' plus ice cold waves last February. Little pucker situation getting the boat across and onto the trailer and would have been downright dangerous in a lower sided tin boat low on power. It's an adventure for sure. The docks we are used to in summer are shorter or non-existent in winter but pick your days and the fish still swim and eat. Good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.