Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607932 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #8760 on: May 15, 2017, 03:37 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 45*  here this am, winds are cranking 18-25mph and will be here all day it appears, high of 58. Guess its blowing in some of that hot weather Jeff mentioned, appears high 80's pushing 90 by mid week....Doh!
  Marv...congrats to the ladies on their catch and a fine looking fry, yum!!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Hope today goes well for you, be safe in the jungle Sir! My condolences to you and everyone else who have lost their Mom's, can only hope the memories brought you some comfort.
  Jeff...glad to hear you got some things done, how big is that shed going to be?
  Dom..hope you had record sales over the weekend despite the weather!   :thumbsup:

They cancelled our first big concrete pour of the season today due to weather, re-scheduled for tomorrow with a 5am start...concrete arriving at 6am. Pretty good sized sidewalk, 9' wide 220' long...crossing fingers everyone brings their A game!!
  Not quite sure what today's duties will be, imagine we'll be on marble again...about 600 pieces left to complete before the 4th of July...still wondering about that... ;D
  Well, time to get ready for another week....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

See Mr. Ninja posted....Good Morning and thank you for the info on the rods...good price!!   :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8761 on: May 15, 2017, 05:12 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....congrats to the ladies on the nice catch  :thumbsup:  hope your weather doesn't get too wild  :o
Eddie....hope everything goes smoothly on tomorrow's pour  :) looks like weather won't be an issue    ;)
IW.....congrats on getting the cellar straightened out  :clap: that'she about all this weather has been good for
DN.....better luck next outing,  all the rain has made finding fish tough  :-\ at least that's my excuse   ;D
TT.......sorry things didn't work out for you in the woods  :( at least you got out and saw some birds  :)

Heading back to NY this morning after the kids leave for school. Hoping to hit the water somewhere this week, looks like wind will be the determining factor as to which lake  @)
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8762 on: May 15, 2017, 05:41 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Thanks for the PM Marv.  You really didn't have to post those fry pictures, now I am suffering a fry withdraw. Got me wondering if I can get in a couple hours on the lake and get the outside work done before sunset. :unsure:

Looks like thunder storms may be moving in later in the week for me.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8763 on: May 16, 2017, 02:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 49* this am, still some winds around blowing 8-15, high of 72 expected...nice Spring day coming!
  Wally..hope you had a safe return and a great time with the family! Best of luck with the fishing this week!  :thumbsup:
  Bud..did you sneak a fishing trip in yesterday?
  Marv...hope you have a safe day in the jungle today and catch a break with the weather!
  Jeff...hope your wife had a nice visit with her Mom and a safe return as well.

Well, about 2 hours away from hearing that distinctive sound of a thunderous Detroit diesel in the distance carrying the first load of 45yds. of concrete...lol. For some reason, my back is has begun twitching since typing that... :whistle:
  If all goes well and no mishaps, we'll be finished up with our work day at 1:30...the Mrs. told me last night "that would be great, plenty of time to cut the lawn when you get home!"...I was thinking more like plenty of time to have a few beers and maybe catch a nap before dinner.. ;D
  Cawfee's on...will catch up to you all before the lawn gets mowed!!  :roflmao:
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8764 on: May 16, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Good Morning Eddie!, Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck with the day Eddie :thumbsup: Sounds like a real body pounder heading your way, don't over do it Sir! The grass here seems to be calling for a clip about every 4 days thanks to all the rain  :cookoo:

Looking at the radar it appears we will be able to get some of the day in. Tomorrow is supposed to be the wettest. The weather guessers are having a hay day keeping everybody indoors with all their threats. About all you can do is head out and see what happens.

Good luck if hitting the lake, traveling about, or heading to work. Above all, stay safe :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8765 on: May 16, 2017, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                          It's 46* and clear skies here on my hill this morning, looking to be a nice day here. :clap:
                          Eddie......I hope your concrete pour goes well, and you get the lawn mowed and get your beers in before
                   dinner! To answer your question about the wood shed I am going to start soon. It is going to be 12' x 12', here
                   in Warren County, you don't have to get a building permit for any structure  144 sq. ft. and under unless it is attached
                   to your house! So, I'm going with that and stacking it higher than 4' to get the wood I need under one roof! :flex:
                          Marv.......Your weather doesn't sound to promising to get full days of work in, I hope it changes soon for you
                   guys out there. ???
                          WW.......I'm glad that your ride home was a good one, my wife comes home today from her trip to Vermont!
                   With the good weather coming, I'm sure you and Mr. WW will be out fishing after those eyes! :thumbsup:
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8766 on: May 16, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning, No fishing, went to work instead, that got me in the dog house, Mrs thought I went fishing. Didn't get to leave until 5:30, I had planned on leaving at 5:00  So Supper was a bit late.   I failed to call her and tell her I went to work instead.  :nono: I did get most of the lawn mowed, before going to the store.  Got what days will be off days this week, Might know off days will be raining/thunder storms,  Looks like fishing will be put on hold.  Far as I can tell, my store will not go forward.  Sign was posted furniture and fixtures go on sale 6/1/17.  :'( :unsure:

Pretty sure I don't want to turn on the TV, yesterdays news was bad enough.  Will just watch the Radar.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8767 on: May 16, 2017, 07:54 AM »
Good Morning ER's going to get up to 85 here today HELP! Found a couple goodies at the city wide garage sales a buck ice rod,a buck regular ultralight rod and a buck on some new mittens/never to late to get gear. Hope all are doing well

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8768 on: May 16, 2017, 09:01 AM »
nice score OG
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8769 on: May 16, 2017, 09:16 AM »
Nice seeing you OG :clap:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8770 on: May 16, 2017, 09:42 AM »
Storms rolled through here last night. I heard a little of the thunder but slept on through it. When I saw the alarm clock blinking from an electrical outage I reset it and turned on the computer to check the radar. After reading WS's post I moved the radar out his way and it looked like he was going to be able to work. It looks like the sun is trying to come through the clouds now. Not looking forward to the 80+ temps forecast for the next couple of days.

I hope the trash guy replaces the tub for brush in the Association so I can put my trailer load in it so I do not have to haul it to my property to my burn pile. I need the trailer over there for this weekends trash day to help my son get rid of some stuff but I prefer to haul an empty trailer rather than a full one over there.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8771 on: May 16, 2017, 08:50 PM »
Just getting home, supper out of the way and see some update info on the Gander M. Bankrupt thread.  CEO saying Gander Mountain will be Renamed to Gander Outdoors.  ::)

Mrs went out and dug up all her just planted flowers.  Tell me a hard freeze is on its way this week.  :o And a neighbor had just planted their garden, with above ground plants

Right on Tom, empty pulls easier  ;D  Looked at radar too and looks like Marv will have to play Moses and part the thunder storms, that are heading north east.

Think more that the weather is beginning to heat up  ::)

Eddie all the marble work is inside ? Right ? 

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8772 on: May 17, 2017, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  54* this am on the Hill,  high of 85 expected today, little hotter tomorrow.
  Bud...the marble renovation is all outside work. One of these days I'll get the picture posting down and share a few shots, that's still on my to do list! Hope the guessers are wrong about a hard freeze there, that would be a real shame after all the work your wife put in with the new flowers...best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  OG...nice find on the rods and mittens! Hope all is well, nice to see you posting!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...I'm with you on the hot temperatures coming, going to be broiling the next two days.
  Jeff..12X12 is nice, especially not needing a permit! Hope your wife had a safe trip home!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...any inside projects planned for the wet weather there today?
  Steve...hope all is well and things are going good for you at the store.

Thanks for the well wishes on the pour yesterday, it went very well....finished up by 11am and even got a few pieces of marble set before quitting time.
  Starting at 5 again this am with the heat coming, probably tomorrow also.   Did finish the lawn!
  Well, time to get ready again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8773 on: May 17, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Rain, rain, and more rain :cookoo: Even though radar didn't show any we had drizzle and showers through 1pm yesterday. Last night it started again around midnight and has been coming down steady, with the guessers saying it will stay wet into tomorrow.

Glad to hear yesterday went well Eddie! May today be as good or better for you Sir! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good "Hump Day". Stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8774 on: May 17, 2017, 04:29 AM »
Good Morning

Looks like Eddie and Marv are already coffee'd out.  Sorry about the wet weather, keep your rain gear handy, looks like your in for another 100% day of it.  Would rather not have twisters like Chetek, WI.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8775 on: May 17, 2017, 05:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, Bud, ER's,
                     It's 50* and clear skies here on my hill this morning, I heard noises about 3 am I looked out and a bear was
             on my front porch looking for the bird feeder but we bring it in at night. But I did see my garbage was ransacked, so
             now I have to go in the woods and pick it all up! :%$#!:
                     Eddie......I'm glad the pour went well and you got some marble set as well. The lawn is mowed so maybe you can
             get those beers in and a nap after! :woot:
                     Marv.....I hope your wet weather ends soon but we don't need it our way, we've had enough! ::)
                     Bud..... Are the owners of Gander Mountain just doing a bankruptcy and a reorganization or did the sell the
             company? I hope it works out for you!
                     Tom......I'm sorry to hear you had a empty season, now the hot temps, well it should warm up your lake!
                     WW.......It's perfect weather to get out on the lake for more eye fishing!
                     I hope everyone has a good Hump Day, Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8776 on: May 17, 2017, 05:50 AM »
Good morning all. Going to be a couple of hot days. Its too early for this but it will warm the lake up.  Wife has a Drs. appt in Albany this morning. Got out on the lake yesterday for 4 hours. Starting to see some fish, now if they would only bite. Early season always seems to be tough on me. Don't usually start getting into the walleyes until later in May. I haven't heard of many fish being caught. It will get better.....have a good Wed....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8777 on: May 17, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Good Morning everyone, Happy Hump day, going to be a hot couple of days. Shoulder is feeling better. Hopefully back to work soon. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to everyone on the water. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8778 on: May 17, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Jeff. take a look at the web sight www.gandermountain.com  Pretty much says it all.  They were out bid at the bankrupt sale by Camping World CEO, and has posted on his twitter account the name will change to Gander Outdoors.  Offering a 25M for new logo design.  Calling it a contest  ::) ::)  Who knows if he will select any, and just keep the old logo.

fisher-45 What kind of work you going back too ? 

Not sure if I heard right ??.  So now looks like impeachment is moving forward ? in House ???  Will have to catch news at top of the hour.  :unsure:

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8779 on: May 18, 2017, 02:41 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 57* and mostly clear here on my hill. we had a power out last night from around 5 pm till 10:10 pm, so
               the wife and I hit the sheets earlier than usual. I think that's why I'm up so early. :%$#!:
                        Bud.....Has there been any talk if they will keep all the stores open and keep the same employees? How long
               did you work for GM?
                        Eddie......How was the marble laying in the heat yesterday, I think a temp record was broken for Glens Falls! ???
                        I-45........That's good news that your shoulder is getting better. :flex:
                        Marv.......Did you get any work done or were you rained out? :whistle:
                        h2l........I hope the eyes start biting for you soon! :thumbsup:
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out fishing, remember to stay hydrated!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8780 on: May 18, 2017, 04:15 AM »
Good Morning IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Other than Monday the entire week has been a bust. I didn't even look at the radar this morning as it was raining all night :%$#!: We will just try to re-group on Monday and go from there.

I was thinking about a ride to the shack but kinda useless as I know the grass needs mowing and it's just as wet there. Yesterday I was going to tinker in the garage and it was so hot and humid out there I only lasted about 10 minutes. I may have to check into an air conditioner for out there.

Hope you all have a good Thursday! Keep safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8781 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23 AM »
Good Morning everyone, Iff I drive a roll off with a pup trailer for a rubbish company. Going to be a very hot day. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water today. Remember to stay hydrated. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8782 on: May 18, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Auuuuugh... :%$#!: :%$#!: :nono: :nono: :woot: woke up to its snowing, Mrs. had potted all her flowers and had them on the deck, and pre paired to bring them in this morning.  $200 worth, hope I got to them in time I put a tarp in the living room floor and cycled them through the kitchen sink sprayer.  Missed the ones that were in hangers so had to run back out and rescue those too.  Enough already with the spring snows,  Had to clear the TV dish, it was off, early weather says lots of moisture will be in the form of couple feet of wet snow. or should I say white water  ::)

Jeff:  5 years at Gander. Don't think there is any chance that my store will continue.  Too high  rent/lease ,$$$$ I suspect. 

Marv well that sucks about even your tinker time. Now wondering if the Twins & Rockies will even get in the split double header game today  :unsure: :unsure: 

:cookoo: :wacko: weather for sure.  Getting light enough to see its coming down in huge snow balls out now.  :cookoo: :cookoo: I think my coffee is about to get 3 fingers worth  :o :o now the TV signal is lost due to snow on the dish  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8783 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Good morning early risers sorry to be M.I.A. for a few days. I've been doing some spring house cleaning the place needed it. Weather is hot here also got into the mid nineties yesterday similar forecast for today with thunder storms moving in this evening. Latest update on last June's stabbing/murder at my store is that acussed lawyer is contesting ruling the he is competent to stand trail so who know when the trail will finally start.
 Last Saturday the Men's college lacrosse championship started Yale lost it's game against Syracuse by one goal. The Yale player from my area scored a goal. On the local scene season has ended sectional playoff games this weekend and Championship games next Wednesday and Thursday . My Alma Marta after showing improvement last year regressed this season and finished with a record of 1 win and 12 losses.

IFF hope you were able to save some of the flowers.  Sorry to hear that your Gander store will not be among the store staying open.
Ice Wanderer may your wife have a safe trip home. You may want to build some type of storage shed for your garbage in addition to the wood shed.
Eddie take your time to get acclimated to this sudden Summer like weather.
Whopper Stopper may your weather improve before there is a backlog of jobs.
Icefisher-45 good to read you maybe back at work soon
Deal Ninja/Old Goat good to see you gentlemen back posting in the 9:45 thread. Happy deal hunting to both of you.
Mr.Turkey hope your grandson gets a full time position.
Wallyworld glad you got home safe from Mass. good luck with the walleyes if you get out this week.
Hunts2long all the best with wife's doctor appointment. Nice that you only have to travel to Albany. May the fish be hungry on your next trip.

Have a safe and good day. Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8784 on: May 18, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Evening all,

IFF.....so sorry to hear you're getting snow  :o >:(  I hope your wife's plants pull thru
H2L....walleye are being rather elusive here also  :-\  tried this morning but could only find perch
MrC.... :clap: :bow: on the spring cleaning  :thumbsup:  always feels good when a job like that is done  ;) There was actually mention of the stabbing & related trial issues in the local news here a couple days ago.
Eddie....hope this little heat wave hasn't been too tough on you at work @) 
WS....hope things have cleared up for you  :)  we're getting some serious t-storms here right now  :o :o
IF45...good to hear the shot's working for you  :thumbsup:

Been up to camp the past few days.....been nice except for the black flies, ticks & pollen :%$#!:  fished Ontario Tues & Wed, pretty slow guess the browns are moving out into deeper water  :-\  hit Oneida today, lots of hungry  perch ;)  boy was it HOT on the water even at 6 AM  :o @) 

Have a good night. Tomorrow's FRIDAY yay the weekend's close now  :clap: :thumbsup: :woot:  Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8785 on: May 19, 2017, 03:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Congrats on the fishing WW :clap: Nice to hear you made it out and had some success!  :thumbsup:

I second the snow comment Bud :woot: After all we have been through this spring a snow storm would drive me to more than 3 fingers ;D

Hope you have a good wrap to the week Eddie :thumbsup: Are you going to get the boat out over the weekend?

Enjoy the reunion IW :thumbsup:

I have an early morning Dentist appointment today. It's just a cleaning but it happens to be in the jungle so I have to drive down there. The SIL is coming with and we are going to stop at a big nursery afterward and then on our way home hit Cabelas and the Chiropractor. That should about take care of the morning.

We have more rain moving in through Sunday with highs around 50. Next week things are supposed to get closer to normal but sooner or later we are going to get hammered with the high heat. Just no happy medium.

Good luck if hitting the lakes :thumbsup: Safe travels if on the road, above all stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #8786 on: May 19, 2017, 04:23 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                          It's 62* and clearing skies on my hill this morning. It rained a little over night. Only in the 70's today, what
                   see-saw weather, just like last winter!
                          Marv.......Have safe travels to the jungle for you dentist appointment. :flex:
                          WW........It sure was hot, I can't believe it was that warm on the water!
                          Steve......It's good to have you back, spring cleaning ugh, I did that last week when the wife was gone! ::)
                          Bud........Here Gander builds a new store and now it's closing, maybe that put them over! :%$#!: :cookoo:
                          Yesterday afternoon I went over to MW's to get his kids off the bus, the bus was 15 min. late, well we were
                    just loading up my truck to go to my house and my granddaughter noticed a bear out by one of his chicken coups.
                    I yelled at it a chased it in the woods, it came back around his barn and it was over by the coup with the newer
                    chicks, it clawed a hole in the netting and some chicks got out, I pulled my truck up and honked my horn and the
                    the bear took off again. We got the chicks back in and fixed the netting, I decided to stay there till MW and his wife
                    got home. I also got one of his rifles out just in case it came back, it didn't! But I bet MW didn't get much sleep last
                    night!
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing! I will be gone for the weekend it my 50th high
                    school reunion this weekend, I will be back posting on Monday!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8787 on: May 19, 2017, 04:48 AM »
Morning all,

IW....that whole bear thing is rather scary :o :o hope MW can chase him away permanently  ;) safe travels & enjoy your weekend  :thumbsup:
WS...hope your morning goes well, happy shopping  ;D

Looks to be a little cooler today, maybe a few showers, which we do not need  :%$#!:  the weekend looks to be dry & mild  :thumbsup:  time to break out the mower again & maybe even the bike  :clap: :clap:

Have a good day & a great weekend whatever's on the agenda. Stay safe.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #8788 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58 AM »
Morning ER's!!! Really nothing new going on. Work continues to get well and keeps coming in,I think we should be caught up as soon as it starts snowing...lol. like I said we have a bear trying to get to my new chickens , like he said didn't get much sleep last nite was pretty much up every 45 min to make sure he wasn't trying a nite invasion. I did put a motion sensor out near the nursery coupe with the alarm in my bedroom. We will c how this goes hopefully the bear will bugger off on his own!!!
Sounds like every 1 is doing well for the most part glad to see that.

Marv, hope the cleaning goes well for you today also hope your weathere improves.

Eddie, hope the heat wasn't to bad on you guys yesterday, hope today goes quickly for you.

WW, good luck if you are heating back out this morning. Also glad u had a good trip to mass.

Icefisher, glad the injections worked for u hope u can get back to work soon.

IFF, sorry about the store closing! At least they are letting g you work full weeks make the money while you can.

Mr. Clean, glad u were able to get out and watch some lacrosse games, sorry to hear abut the loosing season for your alma marter.

Tom sorry no birds. If the season isn't over hope u can score a nice tom.

1 more thing I'd like to mention little league is going well. Monday we had our first loss 10 to 5,really the errors killed us lots of over throws and poor fielding all around. Tues we had a intensive practice just fielding and throwing. The practice must have done some good we played the team again on Wednesday and we came back with vengeance  beating the team 19 to 2 I'm real proud of our team and I must say this I am having a blast with this my wife is even getting into it as she is our score keeper and dug out enforcer.

Hope every 1 has a great friday! Stay safe and tight lines!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8789 on: May 19, 2017, 05:07 AM »
MW..... great comeback for your team :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.