Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1632328 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10680 on: Nov 28, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Good afternoon folks step in the right direction towards ice production here this morning with temperature of 26 highs are predicted to reach upper forties or fifty all week so what ice forms then melts.
Deal Ninja congratulations to your hunting buddy good to hear everyone in your hunting group supports each other also sure there is a good amount of joking and ribbing at the camp.
Captain54 may a buck with large antlers pass by your stand.
Eddie hope the falcon is still alive and not road kill. Must look like mist/fog over a lake with the steam coming off of concrete.
Whopper Stopper enjoy your off season sure the girls will find things to keep you busy. Don't forgot about SIL's snow blower if you have not checked it over yet. Sad news about the fishermen seems every year there is an incident somewhere during early ice.
Ice Wanderer I had gremlin issues earlier today also could not stay connected to this site. May the move to new hunting location prove to be the right choice.
Mealworm like Wallyworld did not know fire wood was part of state heating assistance program learn so many things here on I.S. . Hope you find some down time before big game season closes for the year.
Wallyworld with todays society many of the children at fire dept. party probably only see store bought cookies or the easy bake ones from premixed dough sold in tube . Hope you get nice comments each year from parents thanking you for all the time spent baking.
Hunts2long may you and the family have safe travel with all the coming trips . I thought things were supposed to slow down when you retired.  :whistle:
IFF always nice to meet fellow Ice Shanty members . Also good to read a customer recognized you from Gander Mtn.
Slayerfish welcome to the thread, thank you for all the photos from early ice trips.

To update the recent shooting/ gun discharge at mall in my area police were still searching for the shooter this morning. News reports say the shooter is a male who was in the company of a woman and two children mall security video shows all of them making a quick exit after shot was fired. Even if this was an accidental discharge of the weapon still has me thinking it might be an illegal gun or he is wanted on other charges.

Have a pleasant evening .
Steve

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10681 on: Nov 28, 2017, 05:08 PM »
Sunny today 66 degrees more spring like than the second day of gun season. Very uneventful day of hunting,not a deer to be seen nor any hunters afield. Heard 4 distance shots all day. It was so bad I didn't even see a squirrel. lol   High light of the day a big prehistoric pilated woodpecker. Do they get headaches?
  Oh well retiring my 270 Winchester,bring on the new 6.5 Creedmoor. I hope the wind stops coming out of the south.  Good luck to all and be safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10682 on: Nov 28, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Well that time again.  Truck didn't arrive until after 4:30 and receiving guy was all by his self to put the load so jumped in to help.  Man that brings back memories.  Almost forgot you have to run backwards with the pallet jacks  ;D 

time for some milk and chocolate cookies before pillow time.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10683 on: Nov 29, 2017, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Bud, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
  Light wind and 34* to start this am, high of 43 expected here today.

Marv...sad news about the couple they recovered, thoughts and prayers going out to the families and friends. Still having a doe permit left to fill, some time off...maybe another hunting trip is in order? Good luck with the truck today.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff..hope that new spot you're setting up in produces today, good luck!
  Wally...I'm sure those cookies you supply each year are very much looked forward to...excellent job!  :bow: :clap:  Looking forward to the pictures...any good news from Mr.WW?
  MW..hope the clean up job went well for you and you can get some time back in the woods...good luck!   :thumbsup:
  H2...busy week coming up! Had to chuckle on your reply about perfect weather for hunting yesterday...all I could think about was hearing the deer coming from the leaves crunching like potatoe chips yesterday morn. Hope you have a great day! 
  Slayer..welcome aboard the 9:45, X2 on Steve's reply!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...no new info on the falcon yesterday, great description of the steam coming off the concrete...spot on!  :thumbsup:
  Capt54...maybe today will be the day! Best of luck and hope that new rifle seals the deal!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...way to go helping out at the job, hope you're not paying the price this morning from the pallet jack workout! Thanks for sharing the picture with Grababrewski...any plans of a few trips together?

Concrete went well yesterday, a bit cool, but no major problems. We had to send the apprentice to go get some rock salt as all the water from the concrete trucks froze almost immediately anywhere it fell creating a hazard.
  This morning we'll be doing demo and setting up for another pour tomorrow.
  Only 2 more days left until we flip the calendar again.....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10684 on: Nov 29, 2017, 03:28 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :thumbsup:

27 with a high today into the 40's.

Capt54 hope the 6.5 Creedmoor is the ticket for getting it done today. Funny how some times a different tool can get things going :thumbsup:

Mealworm glad to hear all is going well with the business. If not for the distance you can bet I would be there hammering some trees with you and blowing off some froth in between time :thumbsup: Hope the wood orders keep rolling in!

WW hope today is the day the Mr gets a chance at a good one :thumbsup: One nice thing about the woods, even when it is slow, it's always nice to be in a stand.

Eddie, stay warm and be careful of the slippery spots ??? I am toying with the idea of a couple days at the shack. I'm not in a big rush as I don't mind if the deer get a chance to settle down. I have only hunted a few times after the gun season and things were tough to put it mild. I am just trying to get a few things wrapped up and we will see.

Yesterday was tinkering day in the garage. I spent about 3 hours working on my snow blower and will work on it a little more today. I had a problem getting the chute level and it was getting very irritating. About the time I was going to say the heck with it, a little light popped on and I realized I had put a piece on backwards causing the framework to have a slight twist :cookoo: I am glad to report that all is well now and I bet I never do that again! All I have left now is to throw some grease at it and wait for some snow ???

This morning I take the truck in to get a valve replaced for the air bag. The wife has been pushing me to take care of it being the recall is for the passenger side airbag  :woot: They have sent a bunch of recall notices but I just never took care of getting it in. They said it was about a two hour job which is about my limit for sitting in a waiting area.

Best of luck if hitting the water or sitting in a stand :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10685 on: Nov 29, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning ER's Eddie, Marv
Well my deck thermometer says 31, Weather Bug says 37*  know I have to be at work at 3:00 and Mrs has a tip to the store to return a sweater for a smaller size.  And here I sit, thinking of facing the rath, of Venus or some other god for taking the boat out yet again this morning.  So I better be quick about it.

Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #10686 on: Nov 29, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Morning everyone! Well wife and I did a few loads of wood then blew off the clean ups to go hunting.......prolly just should have done the cleanups didn't even c a bird or a squirrel.today have to drop our new truck off to get up fitted for a new fisher plow,then jump on the clean up we were supposed to do yesterday.hope everyone has a great day sorry kinda short but kids missed the bus so we gotta get moving

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10687 on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:26 AM »
Morning all,

It's like spring out again 49* before the sun even comes up  :cookoo:  strange weather lately to say the least  :blink:

IFF....speaking of weather, Al Roker mentioned Denver's record breaking 81* temp on the Today show yesterday  :thumbsup:  hope you don't get in TOO much trouble if you hit the lake this morning  ;)
MW....tough not to play hookey when it's so nice out   @)  sorry it didn't work out better for the freezer tho  :(
Eddie...MrWW is home for a few days now, wasn't seeing anything so decided to give it a rest  :-\ 
WS....nothing near the truck repair shop to walk to for a cup of coffee or something  ???  I'm sure MrsWS will appreciate you getting the valve repaired  ;)
MrC....it's pretty sad you can't even go shopping anymore w/o worrying about your safety  :%$#!: :wacko:  becoming a recluse sounds better everyday  :whistle:
H2L....safe travels to & from all the appointments, at least it doesn't look like any snow or ice around to cause problems on the roads any time soon :thumbsup:

I'm off to the kitchen, pics to follow  ;D  Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10688 on: Nov 29, 2017, 08:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It was a warm 38* here on my hill when I got up at 4:30 but gremlins didn't permit me to post, I figured it out
              my lap top does something to the modem that has me to reboot often. It's not fixed yet but I am now posting. :clap: ???
                      Steve........I don't know what's going on the world today but things are getting out of hand! :cookoo:
                      Wally........I can smell the baked goods already. :flex:
                      Marv........I've tried working on my snow blower in the past and some things about it I don't get, as a matter of
              fact I use to do a lot of things myself but since I retired I find it easier just take it to the professional, I'm tired of laying
              on the ground to fix stuff! :blink: :blink:
                      Eddie.......I'm glad the pour went well, except for the icing!
                      I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump day either at work or at play!

IW

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10689 on: Nov 29, 2017, 08:37 AM »
Good morning early risers 40 degrees at 8 AM believe weather guessers are calling for a high of 50 . I looked at local newspaper while on last break at work cover story shows a blurry photo of suspected shooter with female companion and 2 children. The headline read do you know this man.
Captain54 hope you have chance to record first buck taken with new riffle today.
IFF good work helping to unload delivery truck. Ditto Wallyworld's coment about fishing trip.
Eddie guess that is one of the hazards of doing concrete work on below freezing days ground getting iced over from water
Whopper Stopper hope you o not have to spend most of the day with truck recall.
Mealworm better luck on the next hunting trip.
Wallyworld I agree with the recluse idea . Looking forward to photos of all the cookies keep a watch on Mr.WW so he does not eat to many cookies in name of quality control.
Morning Ice Wanderer see you just beat me posting today. Glad you may have sholved your gremlin problem.

Have a safe and good day. Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10690 on: Nov 29, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Good late morning all.  I decided to wait until I came to work today before posting so I had a full size keyboard to work with.  I hunted yesterday until 11:30am.  It didn't even feel like hunting season with temps in the 60's by afternoon.  I saw three doe grazing past me at daybreak and nothing more until I called it quits.  I DID see a gray squirrel though.  lol  I was hunting by myself on the property. Everyone else in our hunting party was either back to work or school, so even if I had gotten a deer, I had no one to help gut, drag, or lift it, so I thought it best to call it a day just before noon.  The temperature was working against me too.  A deer shot yesterday afternoon would've had to be raced to a processor to avoid spoilage.  Like Capt54 said, very few hunters and even fewer shots yesterday.  I think a lot of big bucks will be even bigger next year.  No snow cover severely hampers the deer kill also.  I may hunt Friday morning for a few hours, but am really geared up for Saturday when our doe season opens up too.  A lot of PA hunters don't want to burn a vacation day this past Monday to hunt buck only and wait for Saturday when they can shoot a buck or doe.  There should be a lot more hunters tromping around on Saturday helping to move the deer more.  Besides the 9 point shot on our farm, another 9 point was shot on a neighboring farm, but there's still plenty of bucks around.  The neighbor that shot the other 9 point has pics of 14 legal (3 up on a side) bucks from his trail cams.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10691 on: Nov 29, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Good report Mark!

Pulling for you guys 
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10692 on: Nov 29, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Well Early bird got the Walleyes, limited out, even though my main motor didn't want to run, ran the new battery down before I discovered the gas line wasn't fully seated.  :cookoo: :nono: :%$#!: So I gave up after about 2 hours.  I was the only boat on the lake before sunup, then a Pro came out, cruised across the area I was at then took off,   ;D  No sooner out of sight I hit my first one.  Ended with three to take home, 4 short ones and 5 trout.

now have to hit the ditch soon for work

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10693 on: Nov 29, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Today's count......about 25 dozen

the plain sugar cookies still need to be decorated, just not today  :woot:

IFF.....nice catch way to stick with it  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: congrats

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10694 on: Nov 29, 2017, 03:01 PM »
Congratulations Bud, beautiful fish! :clap: :clap:

Wally I am partial to the trees, awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10695 on: Nov 29, 2017, 03:41 PM »
Nice catch Bud!  Very nice eyes!  Congrats!   Great looking cookies Wally!  Your Kitchen Aid must be a real workhorse too!  ;)
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10696 on: Nov 29, 2017, 04:16 PM »
I'm not bragging because I almost always a buck in Ohio and Pa.but Pa. been really tough for me this year. 17 total deer in the two weeks of archery that I hunted 5 where bucks and two where legal,I passed a chip shot on a little 7 pts that I'm regretting...... maybe and couldn't get a shot at a beautiful big wide 8 pointer. Today was simply beautiful west wind ,New Creedmoor,sunny,well maybe to nice.  I need a weather change to get those deer up and about,but doesn't look like any coming. Just like DN said Saturday should bring out the posse, where allowed to shoot flat heads,that is if we see them lol I only want one more deer for the annual sausage making event. I was so discussed that I left the woods at 1:30 today. My wife asked me to make dinner,so is venison enchiladas, a tossed salad and a vintage 2015 bottle of homemade Gamay wine. Good luck to all.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10697 on: Nov 30, 2017, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 24* this am, high of 40 expected here today...sure would be a nice day to be playing hookey like MW and wife did!!    ;D  :clap:

Capt54...hope you're getting similar weather this morning as we have here, best of luck with today's hunt!   That Creedmore seems to have turned your luck around!  :thumbsup:
   Mr.Ninja..best of luck on Saturdays hunting, hopefully one of those bigger bucks will make an appearance!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..those cookies look wonderful, scarf!!  :clap: :bow:
  Bud...nice job on the catching!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve..thanks for the update, hope to hear they catch the guy soon!
  Jeff..how's the new stand doing? Best of luck filling that tag, still a few days left!    :thumbsup:
  Tom...have been wondering how your hunting is doing, looking forward to your next reply!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty funny start to the day yesterday morning as we approached the time clock. The practical jokers struck again. This time they focused on a Supervisor who is not very tall and carries a very large chip on his shoulder. They set up a parking spot with lines in the hallway and parked a tricycle with a sign that read Reserved Parking for such and such! Might be a layoff coming for the joker(s) as he has demanded that the videos be reviewed to see who is responsible....Doh!   :roflmao: :woot:    Will keep you posted....cawfee's on!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #10698 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:35 AM »
Morning everyone! Well yesterday's clean up went better than expected.only took us a few hours after I made a leaf burrito out of a tarp. I basically rolled a tarp around my mowers grass catcher basket then ratchet strapped the tarp to the catcher. We then used weed Wacker string to tie the eyelets closed making a big bag. The bag filled with air as a I ran the mower blowing all the leaves into the big bag. It looked kind of ghetto but worked so slick cut our clean up time more than half!  We thought we had only 1 more clean up but received a call for another 1 so we r going to try to bang 2 ckean ups today  so we can take Fri and the weekend off for the last weekend of northern zone deer rifle season.

Eddie, i love a good pranks around the work place helps kerp things lively. hope the pranksters don't get laid off just for having some fun.sounds like the supervisor has little man disease.

IFF, looks like sneaking in 1 more trip really payed off. Nice haul man way to go!!

WW,  I was also surprised when I heard HEAP  covered fire wood but it makes sense a lot of folks heat exclusively with wood. Those cookies look amazing. Makes my mouth water. Can't wait till we get our holiday cookies and PB balls.

Capt 54, good luck in the stand today looks like a cold front will be coming through for he east hopefully that gets some deer on there feet.

DN, same to you hope you have better luck next time out. Hard to hunt when it's 60°+ out

Mr. Clean, hope they get that shooter can't believe he had a woman and kids with him,well I guess I cant believe all the idiots shooting places up lately either. Can't even watch the news anymore either it's sexual harassment or a public shooting.

WS, like wise if I lived closer I'd be there in a heart beat to help u with ur side jobs and most important to share some suds.

Well folks time to get at it hope everyone has a great day

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10699 on: Nov 30, 2017, 07:50 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Guess its official, climate change, global worming or what ever has made it to Denver, first November with no snow  ??? ::)

32* now, waiting for it to worm up some and take care of a couple things outside. 

Pretty sad day in the national news (Joe Scarborough) is all I will say, except that I have to agree with him this morning.
Bud

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #10700 on: Nov 30, 2017, 09:15 AM »
Good morning all! Hey Bud, those look like some nice fish! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Yeah, this Colorado weather is odd, but can't complain. The walleye fishing has been on fire from boat or shore. Next week should be a huge cool down in the region. I predict we'll be chasing perch through the ice next weekend...maybe not in the metro area.  ;D
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10701 on: Nov 30, 2017, 12:28 PM »
Well Nate, those 3 are but 6 suppers for me.  The way its going might not last until I can get on some ice for either perch or eyes.  Maybe I better check the air in my bike tires  ;) ;)
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10702 on: Nov 30, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Good afternoon another chilly morning with 28 degrees at 8 AM highs still predicted to be in the forties slowly getting to temperatures where any ice made will not melt. This is from last nights local news suspect in mall shooting/gun discharge turned himself in after his photo was released to the media. I was wrong about the gun he had the proper permit to carry the weapon big question is why the shot was fired. He has plead not guilty to charges . Also was an update on cause of explosion at cosmetics factory security video shows a worker cleaning the top of a chemical storage vat then a cloud of smoke. There claiming a static electric charge built up by cleaning top of vat caused chemical vapors to ignite. The amazing thing is the worker who was cleaning the vat/tank is not the man found dead in the factory. The tank was one of those plastic holding tanks with metal cage around the tank.
Deal Ninja may conditions be better for your hunt this weekend.
IFF nice way to end the open water season .
Wallyworld How many dozens and kinds of cookies do you bake for the fire dept. Christmas party. Nice decorating job on the snow men and trees.
Mealworm glad your idea worked and you may have free time to hunt this weekend.
Captain54 how was the wine and venison dinner. May you also have better conditions and more activity on your next hunt.
Eddie good work story hope no one loses their job or work time from the incident.
Whopper Stopper hope you are enjoying the free time away from job.
Bigassbassman welcome to the thread ,good luck if you do get out ice fishing this weekend.
Ice Wanderer guessing the pesky gremlins have taken control of your computer once again may any problem be an easy fix.

Have a pleasant evening everyone.
Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10703 on: Nov 30, 2017, 05:44 PM »
I had a post written this morning but some thing happened as it does not show up. It was probably not gremlins that did it. It was probably some old fart forgot to hit POST.

I shot a nice doe on Tuesday morning. Not the one I had targeted but one on the ground is better than hoping the other one will show up. With the new reloads I have never had to track a deer. They just hit the ground where they stand. The problem is I hit the inner loins and there was no sign of them at all. We have not seen any of the bucks we had on camera in October and early November.

I had 5 deer in front of me when I shot the doe. I spent a while closing up the tower before getting down. after tagging the doe I walked out an got the van. After I picked up what I had brought down from the blind, I Looked down the power line and there were 6 deer standing in the food plot 40 yards from where the doe laid.

After skinning and breaking the doe down to get in a cooler I was to beat to drive home so I stayed one more night over at the property. I got to have coffee with my niece at the convenience store here she works at 5 am Wednesday before heading home.

Fresh venison loin was the man dish for supper tonight. With the wife's limited eating ability with her gastric sleeve makes for a lot of small packages of vison to wrap.

Eddie It seems like your supervisor a has Napoleon syndrome like a lot of short people. Does he have his hand stuck in his jacket?
A mason friend came in or coffee with pictures of a job he worked on for over three years laying stone. Huge poured concrete retaining walls that were covered with stone, a stone chimney that was up three stories plus a lot more stone. I can not remember how many tons of stone he bought for the job but it was a lot.

WW Your cookie backing makes it hard for me to stay on my diabetic diet. I was at my friends bakery a while back. His wife had just finished decorating 500 pumpkin cookies for a farmer that had a pumpkin patch. When I got home I disguised my voice and called her to place an order for 100 pumpkin cookies. When she sighed at the order I could not help but laugh so she caught on to the joke.

I did get to talk to the guy from the power company while I was over there. It sounds like they will be taking out the screen of pine trees I have along the road to keep some one from shooting down the power line from the road. There are houses in the distance that could be hit by an errant bullet. The tree trimmers that keep the power line trimmed and other power company employees have not had a problem with the screen. They understood why it needed to be there. He is going to write it into my agreement that I can keep my tower blind on the edge of the right away. That is one win any way.

Now not to forget to hit post is the next challenge.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10704 on: Nov 30, 2017, 07:53 PM »
Evening all,

Another 17 dozen out of the oven today. Still need to decorate the gingerbread men, very time consuming  :wacko:

Have a good night. Tomorrow's Friday again already  :thumbsup: :clap: Stay safe.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10705 on: Nov 30, 2017, 08:12 PM »
Nice eyes IFF
Mr Clean the enchiladas turned out well and the wine was very good,I'm not a huge wine drinker but I got about 15  bottles as gifts from my customers this summer so it's time to enjoy some.
tomturky glad someone shot a deer. lol Those little fillet mignons are the finest eats on the deer,after field dressing a deer I always take them out and put the in a quart size Ziploc bag. That way they never dry out after hanging a deer. I hunted this morning had good wind then bad wind,never saw it change so much. Did have a group of does slip in behind me,no boyfriends. We're getting rain now and tomorrow 39 for a high,so that might help so deer movement.
WW I gained 10 pounds just looking and drooling over your treats.lol
If no bucks start to wonder my way,the swamp donkeys are trouble come Saturday morning.lol
 Good luck in the outdoor world,and in the kitchen WW .My mother would bake all December for the holidays,she was a wonderful cook and baker.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10706 on: Dec 01, 2017, 02:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to December!!    :icefish:
  Partly cloudy skies and 37* this am, high of 41 expected here in the Hilltowns today.

Capt.54...glad to read you're seeing some deer anyway! Maybe today is the day for the buck to show, best of luck and thanks for the report... :thumbsup:
  Wally..those cookies are going to make many friends, fantastic job!!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...CONGRATULATIONS Sir!! Was hoping we'd read that you knocked down " Spooky ", no matter, venison in the freezer! Nice job!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve..thanks again for the updates! That shooting story has certainly taken a twist now. Looking forward to hearing more about that. Hope work is going well for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Welcome aboard the 9:45 Bigassbassman!   :thumbsup:
  MW..great idea on the leaf burrito, awesome! Best of luck to you and your wife filling your tags!   :thumbsup:
  Marv/Jeff...hope the gremlins haven't overtaken your computers again!

Looking forward to the weekend! Feeling much better now and can't wait to get in the woods after reading all the hunting stories...only thing missing will be some of Wally's cookies!   ;D
  We'll be doing demo again today getting ready for Monday's pour. Yesterday they laid off 2 more masons, cutting down the crew again....not for being caught on video! 
  Catch up to you all this afternoon....cawfee's on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10707 on: Dec 01, 2017, 03:59 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Tom Congratulations on your deer :thumbsup: I also was hoping you would get a whack at one on your hunt. Sounded like a fun time and some good eating heading you way :clap: :clap:

Wally, Wow! I bet the Grandkids wish they were there to help  ;D

Good luck in the woods Capt.54. I hope today is the day! :thumbsup:

Eddie, no gremlins haunting me yesterday. I figured there just wasn't anything to report so I didn't. I am kinda stuck with having to be around and no ice for a while yet. Have a good wrap to the week Sir :thumbsup:

Yesterday I had a tree to look at which ended up being a waste of time. I told the guy without equipment I couldn't handle a job as big as his. He had a row of 5 large willows over hanging a shed that he wanted to disappear. He actually got upset when I said not interested. I finally told him that yes I could do the job, but I would need to do it through work and bring the crew and the equipment up here. I said then we could knock it out in a day. He was wondering what that would cost and when I told him he he said I was  :cookoo: Three hours shot trying to figure out how to help him just to get told to leave :%$#!:

Today I am heading to the Dentist for a cleaning, and tomorrow one of the guys from work is coming to give me a hand with 2 side jobs. Monday, Tuesday rain is expected and then toward the middle to later part of the week they are calling for the cold to roll in :thumbsup:

Best of luck to all the hunters and anyone heading to a lake :thumbsup: Above all, stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10708 on: Dec 01, 2017, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

WS......being that today is Friday & I haven't seen a report of a call back to work, does that mean you are officially a free agent for the winter  ???  pretty sure MrsWS could help you find things to do while waiting for ice  :roflmao:
Eddie....glad you made it thru the latest layoff  :thumbsup:  good luck in the woods
MrC....so far about 42 dozen cookies with a mix of sugar, chocolate chip, chocolate mint, gingerbread, peanut butter  :wacko:  can't figure out why some people think it's ok to fire guns where ever they happen to be  :cookoo:
TT....congrats on the venison  :flex: :clap:
Cap54/DN.....hope tomorrow seals the deal for you both  ;)2
MW.....hope your mom's treats get there soon  :)  good luck to you & MrsMW this weekend

Back to the kitchen for me today  ;D  and you're right WS, the grandkids would be all up in the cookies, kind of like MrWW is.......grabbing one off the cooling rack every chance he gets  :o :nono: :%$#!: :woot: :roflmao:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10709 on: Dec 01, 2017, 05:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                         It's 35* and cloudy on my hill, it snowed then changed to rain over night.
                         Yes I had a big gremlin since Wednesday afternoon! First my phone went down around 2:30 on Wednesday
                 but I didn't find out till around 5 pm. I went to a neighbors to call repair and he found out his phone was down too.
                 so I drove down the road to where I get good cell service and called repair service, they said they couldn't get there
                 till today between 8am and noon. :%$#!: Then I called another neighbors cell phone and he was still on his way home,
                 but he said he saw a repairman working on a big box down in town. Then I got a text from my wife that the phone was
                 up working. It was working for about 10 minutes then it was down again, after a little while it was working then went
                 it went down for the night. Yesterday morning I had an appointment at the "VA" but when I got there they said it was
                 cancelled because the person I was to see was out sick. :%$#!: They said they called and left a message on the Verizon
                 answering service but I couldn't get it. On the way home I saw a repairman at that box and stopped, he said the phones
                 are up. He called my house and talked to my wife, I then asked him about my modem, that I had to reboot it a lot. He
                 said he would come up and look at it. When I got home the phone was working but I had no internet, he came and looked
                 at the modem and said it " looked happy" then he ran a check on the line and everything was good, so he went to his truck
                 and he hooked up a new one with the wifi router in one unit. Now things seem to be working fine. :flex: :clap:
                         Wally.......Very nice looking cookies. :clap:
                         Bud........Way to go on the fish! :thumbsup:
                         Eddie.......Good luck in the woods this weekend. :flex:
                         Marv........Are you going to :The Shack"?
                         I will be in my new stand today and the rest of the weekend if need be!
                         I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at play!

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.