Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608102 times)

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10620 on: Nov 23, 2017, 05:44 AM »
Good morning folks!! Its 17° clear and no wind this morning.Just a quik check in before I head out to the deer woods.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10621 on: Nov 23, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Good luck mealworm!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10622 on: Nov 23, 2017, 08:00 AM »
Happy ThanksGiving  to all....   Have a great day with family and friends...   Eat and drink till you cant stand it anymore.... ;D

It was 16* when I left the house for the blind..   Not sure what it is now but after I post this Im going in for some coffee.......

Hope everyone has a great day....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10623 on: Nov 23, 2017, 08:35 AM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!! As WW said, please remember the men and women in the Armed Forces, police. fire departments, that won't be able to enjoy the holiday with family! Been there, done that!! I know I'll be including them when grace is said today!! Go ahead and eat too much!! I'm planning on it!! Enjoy the day!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10624 on: Nov 23, 2017, 11:21 AM »
I hope every one has a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.

I just hauled 4 pies in from the garage to go with the two lemon meringue pies in the refrigerator. I left one pumpkin pie in the garage as one of the grandsons always gets a whole pumpkin pie to take home. There is more stuffing around than you can believe. I think she used 10 loaves of bread to make it all. One bowl will go to the senior center tomorrow. You can not get this woman to slow down. We always have way to many leftovers but she likes it that way.

I think I over roasted the wild turkey yesterday as it was a little dry when I carved it last night. I forgot you can not go by the roasting guide for the bags as it take less time to do a wild turkey.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10625 on: Nov 23, 2017, 12:30 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all currently down in NJ with family watch the Macy's parade of the first time in years. Ditto Wallyworld's remembering military personal, law enforcement, first responders, and others working today when you give thanks for all your blessings.
IFF/Bud may family and fiends bring you comfort today as you remember sad event for years past.
Eddie like the fall finish on leaves left in concrete. Have a good day with your hunting partner and then family later in the day.
Ice Wanderer hope you have recovered from all the activity of recent hunting trip. Have a good day at son #2 inlays.
Wallyworld may the pies arrive safely at MR. WW's relatives. My sister and I were talking about all your baking last night.
Quack pot welcome to the thread may you have a pleasant Thanksgiving.
Whopper Stopper enjoy the day spent with the girls and any additional family and friends. Stay strong your off season is coming soon.
Mealworm welcome back good to hear all is well glad you found a few hours to spend hunting.
Deal Ninja thank you for all the deal searching you do for all of us here on I.S. . May the chance to take a nice buck present itself on Monday.
Raquettedacker thank you for starting this thread it has lead to many new friendships.
Hunts2long enjoy the pies and other goodies today.
Oldsailor thank you for the daily jokes may you and the family have a good Thanksgiving.
Old Goat hope your daughter had a safe trip home from college to spend this holiday with you and family.
Mr.Turkey appears there will be plenty of food for your feast today. A little gravy and everyone will enjoy the wild turkey. There was a band in the parade from your area believe it was Rockford,MI high school.
Safe travels and a great day to all.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10626 on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:16 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to All here on I.S. - and to All of those who Cannot be with their Families and/or Loved Ones, You are not Forgotten

Sun and clouds today, breezy, high got to the low 40's, dipping to below 32* tonight

Leaving in the A.M. for Nashville, barring traffic should be 13-14 hrs., pictures and stories when we get back - 2 tile jobs lined up and ready for me upon return - Dinner was at
     a local restaurant with #2 stepdaughter, her husband worked today, Corrections Officer, food was good, conversation also, added a few lbs., can't wait for some southern BBQ

Talk to All when we get back on Dec. 01 late

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Shots - Records & Limits - Good Eats - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10627 on: Nov 23, 2017, 07:40 PM »
I am glad it is over. Every one got plenty of leftovers to take home. My grand daughter told me she should have asked me to bring her some Muffin bread from my friends former bakery when I came back from my first hunting trip. I went to the freeze and got her a loaf.

I goofed it was only 7 loafs of bread that was made into stuffing. Next year it will only be 5 loafs. She has a lot bigger pan to go to the seniors dinner tomorrow than was originally planned. Hopefully there is some thing to put the leftovers in tomorrow.

Capt.Jim I found an old token from the Garden State Parkway at the other place the other day. I will pm you about it when you get  back from Nashville.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10628 on: Nov 24, 2017, 04:16 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Black Friday !!!!! I will be anywhere EXCEPT near a mall/shopping center today  :woot:  not a big fan of shopping to start with, then add LOTS of people to mix  :nono:  :blink:  no thank you  :cookoo:

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, ate too much and laughed a lot  ;) 

WS......saved this for you  ;)2

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10629 on: Nov 24, 2017, 04:46 AM »

Good morning Wally, Good morning ER's,
                        It's 33* and cloudy here on my hill a high in the 40"s is expected for the day!
                        Wally.........Like you I ate too much, but I had a great time at my sons in-laws, I forgot to mentioned
               that my wife is at her mothers in Vermont, her mother has had a problem with her blood pressure, so my
               wife went over to help out, taking her to the doctor and other things! I also loath this Black Friday thing, I'll
               stay out of the malls for a while. :whistle:
                        Raquette......It was nice to see that you popped in, I know you're a busy man and check in a lot.
                        Marv.......I hope you're feeling better after a day off. :flex:
                        Eddie......How did you make out yesterday hunting? ???
                        Steve I hope you had a good time at your sisters! :thumbsup:
                        Tom.......It was nice to send your daughter home with some leftovers. :clap:
                        Not much going on here today, I'm going out to do some more hunting, my #3 son got a 4 pointer
               at the last minute on Wednesday.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either back to work or out playing. I just got a report that one
               of our lakes has 2" of ice, it won't be long!

IW

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10630 on: Nov 24, 2017, 04:55 AM »
Morning all!  I will be busy today hunting bargains, making jerky, smoking a cured turkey and getting a batch of venison bologna started.  I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.  Good luck to our hunters today!

Expecting a nice day here in nw PA with sunshine and a high of 48.  Should be a nice day to deer hunters to finalize prep work on their hunting stands and blinds.

I hope everone has a great Black Friday shopping or enjoying whatever you have planned!

Mark

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10631 on: Nov 24, 2017, 05:54 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Jeff, Mark, Morning Everyone,
  Happy Black Friday!
  24* with a slight SW wind this am, high of 45 here today. Took a peak at the extended forecast, no real ice making temps seen for the next 10 days, but it shouldn't be too much longer.

Wally...Marv better hurry up and get that piece of pie, I'm only about 10 paces from the silverware drawer!  ;D  No shopping in the plans today for me either at the Malls, but there are a few sites I will be visiting. Best of luck to Mr.WW today!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..way to go honoring your wife's wishes not to travel yesterday.. :thumbsup:  Looking forward to the ice fishing/spearing adventures now...sooner than later hopefully!   ;D
  Tom..that's a lot of stuffing! Two thumbs up to your wife helping out with the Seniors dinner, I'm sure that will be very much appreciated!  :clap: :bow:
  Capt.Jim...wishing you safe travels on your trip and a great vacation...enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..glad you got to spend your day with your sister and family! Watched some of the Parade yesterday as well, they always do a nice job!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..best wishes to your Mother In Law  :thumbsup:  Good luck with today's hunting, congrats to your son on the buck!  :clap:
  Mark...you've got a lot on the planner today! All those venison treats are making me hungry again... ;D. Have a great day Sir...good luck with the "deal" hunting!!   :thumbsup:

We had a nice time yesterday with the family. The food was good and everyone enjoyed themselves..can't ask for more than that.
   My daughter made a speech at the table for what she is thankful for that left everyone with watery eyes. She's been having a pretty rough go for the last 6 months, now a single Mom raising a to be 2 year old. In a nutshell...she spoke of all the continued support, love and understanding she has gotten from everyone trying to find her way through such a difficult moment in her life...that gave a special meaning to Thanksgiving for all of us yesterday.   ;D
  My hunting trip didn't produce yesterday, but my partner saw 3 just before daylight. They didn't stick around long enough to make them out, but we had a good time regardless in the few short hours we were there...lots of great old memories and laughs on our walk out.
  Hoping my truck is ready this morning...had to have a new fuel module/pump installed. Might get an afternoon stand in on some private property that's been good to me in the past!   
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #10632 on: Nov 24, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Morning 945ers! Had a nice post typed hit post button and disappeared. Long story short no deer yesterday other than seeing a tail and a starring contest with a doe. Supper was great yesterday and today we are back to working on fall cleanups. Gotta get going. hope anyone traveling has safe travels good luck shopping if that's your thing have a great day everyone

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10633 on: Nov 24, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Morning Eddie......thoughts & prayers sent to your daughter. Being a single mom or dad is never an easy job  :(  hoping her days get better soon  ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10634 on: Nov 24, 2017, 06:59 AM »
Glad everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Enjoy the leftovers.
Eddie, thoughts are with your daughter. Hope you and your boys see the big one soon.
My oldest daughter stopped into Walmart last night and said it was a ZOO. Not for me.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10635 on: Nov 24, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Thank you Pat, H2... :thumbsup:
Have a safe day MW....better luck next time out!   :thumbsup:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10636 on: Nov 24, 2017, 08:31 AM »
From what the wife has been seeing on Facebook this morning Black Friday is not that busy in a lot of the big box stores. One Toys are US only had a few dozen at the doors when they opened. I did it ONE time years ago. Never again!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie I'm sure that you daughters speech was very touching. It is great that she told everyone how much she appreciated all their love and support.

Deal I have only made jerky the old fashioned way I have never had a jerky shooter which it looks like you are using. I ran into a 7 tray dehydrator on ebay years ago. They had not cleaned the trays so it looked like they were rusty so no one bid on them. It was the residue for what looked like they dried tomato slices. Duh fiberglass screen does not rust. I paid around $45.00 for it delivered. I only make my jerky out of turkey breasts as no mater what meat is used it will mostly taste like the jerk that is used.

EVERY one got sent home with plenty of left overs but there are still way more in the fridge than I wish there were, including to much pie that I SHOULD not be eating. At least the whole leftover lemon meringue pie just got loaded to go to the senior center.

Mr C I knew that the Rockford band was headed to do the parade. Years ago the grand daughter, who is in AZ teaching band now, was on her way to a national band competition in Indy. A guy with a Rockford band coat on was putting the make on her at a rest area. He said he was with the Best band in Michigan. He asked her where she was from. When she said Jenison he quickly walked away. Jenison had just took first place in the state competition.

I am headed back to the property Sunday morning to see if I can get lucky and get a shot at one of the nice 8 points or even one of the smaller bucks that are around. My real wish is that I can get that doe that is spooking the other deer with her constantly watching my blind.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10637 on: Nov 24, 2017, 08:41 AM »
Yes way to much leftovers, started the morning with a huge slice of apple pie and coffee,then for dessert nibbled on a little thigh meat with some cranberry crunch with a oatmeal toppings. Good luck TT

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10638 on: Nov 24, 2017, 03:18 PM »
Good afternoon folks nice to read all of you had pleasant Thanksgiving with family and friends. I spent the night at sister and bill's my parents,grandparents and a few other relatives all have graves/niches at a cemetery in Paramus,NJ. so head there this morning to decorate graves for Christmas. Thankfully I did not have to go near any of the shopping malls in the area. I did run into traffic closer to home by the outlet mall in my area.
Captain54 did you have time to get the new riffle sighted in all the best on Monday's hunt.
Mr.Turkey think your wife has a head start on Christmas in the pie/dessert area. You probably made granddaughters day by having a muffin bread loaf on hand.
Mealworm always a good sign to see deer may you get a shot next time you hunt.
Ice Wanderer congratulations to son #3 . Hope your mil's health improves so your wife can return home.
Deal Ninja have fun deal hunting. Good luck on Monday.
Wallyworld good looking pie.
Eddie all the best to your daughter. Her speech probably brought tears to a few eyes.

Have a good evening .
Steve

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10639 on: Nov 24, 2017, 08:36 PM »
Yes  Mr.Clean,I sighted it in. 9 shots but ....... I've never had anyone mount a scope or bore sight a gun for me,but Cabelas offered to do it free. Mistake, at the Wheeling store. After a short 15-20 minute wait the guy said it was done. I threw it up and said the crosshairs where crooked. He insisted I was holding the gun crooked.lol At the range it was crooked but I shot it anyway, 8" to the rightight and 2" low.  lol I'm glad it was bore sighted lol   A quick checking of the screws on the mounts indicated they where loose,so I removed them one at a time and used lock tight and tighten them and turned the scope before to get the correct straightens. I took a incredible guess at the adjustment and my second shot was about a inch high dead center over the bull. Move it to 50 yards it was high but perfect right and left, took it down shot it and moved out to a hundred,still shooting about 2-2.5" high made adjustments and was in a very small .75 " bull. Gun shoots great for a cheapo. It a Thompson compass. I paid 299.00 but get a factory 75.00 rebate. I put a Vortex 4x12 scope on it. I'm not 100 percent liking the trigger,it's a little to heavy for my liking,but it is adjustable to 3.5 pound pull. I just left it the way it was,because I did want to adjust it without shooting it.
DN do you smoke or oven cook your deer baloney? I always smoke mine,but made 2 20"x2.5"  sticks in the oven before Thanksgiving. In like the smoke a lot better. I also sliced some goose breasts down and made a soy,garlic,brown sugar,Sarachi hot sauce marinade.I put them in my commercial dehydrator for 3 hours on 165 degrees. That turned out unbelievable. Well good luck guys and gals chasing the elusive whitetail.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10640 on: Nov 25, 2017, 04:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

36 heading to near 40 today with mostly sun. Everything we gained with ice is slowly vanishing and I am guessing
up north the fishing will be put back on hold soon if we don't get anymore cold :%$#!:

We have been taking advantage of the warm weather by getting finished with a few outdoor projects that I never got around to. I can now say I am ready for the cold and snow to hit and won't have scramble when it comes.

Glad to hear you got you Creedmoor sighted in Capt! You sure hear a lot of good reports on the 6.5 :thumbsup: Hope it brings you some luck!

Thanks again for the slice of pie Wally :roflmao: :thumbsup: It sure put to shame the chunk of pumpkin I settled for.

Eddie thanks for sharing the story about your Daughters Thanksgiving speech. Thoughts and prayers headed her way for the trail ahead. Your family has always sounded like a well bonded unit and that certainly has to ease her mind as she heads forward ;)2

We are heading to the jungle today to fetch me a new phone. I really like the one I have but every day it keeps telling me I am out of memory storage. Both the girls have worked on it repeatedly and no matter what they do the internal memory is almost used up. The phone has 8 GB of memory but the manufacturer loads it with so much crap by the time I add an app or two it's full. The irritating thing is I can't get rid of the pre loaded junk. I am sure this will be an adventure although maybe everyone is shopped out from yesterday ???

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe everyone!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10641 on: Nov 25, 2017, 04:48 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 27* to start the morning, high of 50 expected here today.

Marv..Thank you for the fine words, very much appreciated! Good luck with the new phone!! My kids keep trying to talk me into a new one as I seem to constantly be having problems also. Glad to hear you caught up on all the outdoor work...hope the weather cooperates soon so we can hear some spearing stories!!   :thumbsup: :icefish:
  Capt.54...glad to read you got the new rifle zeroed in, great price to boot! :thumbsup:   What rounds are you shooting?
  Steve..glad you had Thanksgiving Day off this year and got to spend it with family, nice!!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Thank you for the best wishes on behalf of my daughter, very much appreciated.  :thumbsup:
  Tom..my son and DIL went out Black Friday shopping right after dinner on Thanksgiving...not for me either!!  :cookoo:  Good luck tomorrow with the hunting! Sounds like that doe sits pretty high up on the priority list, looking forward reading about that.   :thumbsup:

Passed on hunting yesterday afternoon and this am, coming down with a cold...tis the season again! Might give it a whirl this afternoon with the warmer temps coming.
  Did get a chance to play around with some of the ice gear yesterday, put another charge on the battery's, and got a jump on some Christmas shopping...semi productive day anyway!    ;D
  The cawfee's brewing...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10642 on: Nov 25, 2017, 05:29 AM »

Good morning Marv, Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 32* and partly cloudy here on my hill with a high pf 48* for the high.
                         Marv.........Oh this crazy weather, I hope the temps get to the point that ice will be made.
                         Eddie........I was touched by your daughters Thanksgiving  speech, from what we have read in your post
               your family seems to be very close and I'm sure everyone will help her when needed. But if she's anything like you
               she will be a fine. :flex: I hope you can get out and see some deer today! :thumbsup:
                         Yesterday I did some still hunting but did not see any deer, but the last hour I sat in my blind. As I sat I saw
               a big bird fly into a thick pine, I put my scope up and it was an owl, all of a sudden it flew on to a branch above the
               window of my blind and starred at me, I wish I had my camera!
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out in the woods or on the water.

IW

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10643 on: Nov 25, 2017, 05:40 AM »
HAPPY LEFTOVER DAY!!

Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10644 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Morning all!  Last batch of jerky done and turkey smoked (will be for snacks and sandwiches).  40F and a light shower this morning, but nothing that’ll ruin the day.  Looks like no snow on opening day for sure and maybe not for the whole season by looking at the extended forecast. :P  Still want to shoot my rifle a few times today or tomorrow.  I also need to collect the things that I take with me to the shanty in my ‘hunting box’.

TT - I’ve made plenty of jerky using whole muscle meat too, usually just use what I have on hand and didn’t have any muscle meat left this year.

Capt54 - I have two large Big Green Eggs with computer controlled power drafts (BBQ Gurus) and smoke the bologna on them.  I can do six 3# logs in each one at a time.  That’s what I did the turkey on yesterday.  It was brined in Hi-Mountain Poultry Brine and then smoked at 190 - 200F until done.  Ps.  I hope I have the chance to have you up this winter!  There is another Ice Shantier (Rizzman) that lives here now.  He actually moved here from around your area.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and best of luck to those hitting the woods and water!

DN

A pic of the turkey before I hack it up.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10645 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:12 AM »
26 degrees this morning. Looks like it is going to be a nice day. Not sure of any plans today. I went up to see my brother and nephew yesterday afternoon. They were putting metal siding on the barn my nephew is building. Nephew said go look in the shed. Joe, who hunts up on the hill (State Land) behind where I hunt got an 8pt Thanksgiving morning.
I just heard two shots while I was typing.
Anyway, Joe came out and called his daughter's BF and he got help and they went in and got it out of the woods. They were late for dinner. He told me last night that he thinks he is done hunting on top of the hill. Deer always seem to go off the back side and it makes it a job to get them out. I told him it is just that he is getting older.

I just told the wife, I am bored. I have to find a hobby. The pass 3/4 years I spent so much of my time taking care of her and doing things around the house. Thank God she is better and doing more and more all the time. She said she has a lot of things for ME to do around the house, instead of cooking and cleaning. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Have a good weekend and good luck to those out in the woods....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10646 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:23 AM »
hunts2long, not pick on your wife, but I’ve always found it amusing that the same women who will argue until they’re blue in the face that women can do anything that men can, will just as surely decide that certain jobs around the house belong to the man of the house! LOL!

DN  ;D

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10647 on: Nov 25, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......hope you shake that cold quickly, don't want to have the sniffles hanging on all winter  :nono: good luck in the woods
WS.....my pleasure  ;)  pumpkin is right up there on my list too  ;D  good luck with the phone shopping  :wacko:
MrC....glad you were able to have some family time on Thanksgiving and had a chance to visit those already passed  :angel  :thumbsup:
MW....welcome back  ;D  glad the business is thriving  :clap:  only problem with that is finding time for play  :flex: :whistle:
IW.....MrWW is always coming home with similar tales of wood critter antics  :woot:  says they keep him from getting bored while waiting for bullwinkle  :roflmao:
TT.....bet the seniors enjoyed a great meal thanks to you and MrsTT  :bow: :thumbsup: good luck hunting sir
IFF....hope you had a good Thanksgiving & Black Friday wasn't TOO crazy at your store  :blink: :unsure:

What a beautiful day yesterday.....sunny & low 50s  :clap: :)  like WS I spent most of it outside getting the last of the pre-winter tasks taken care of. Weatherman says rain today turning to snow tonight  :-\  then back to 50* by Tuesday  :wacko: :cookoo:  long range look isn't good for any ice forming any time soon  :( 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning H2L.....guess MrsH2L had the honey-do list all ready for you  :roflmao: :thumbsup:  amazing the progress she has made  :flex: :bow: :clap:
DN.....we do that just so you guys feel needed  ;D ;)2

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10648 on: Nov 25, 2017, 08:35 AM »
No hunting for me until Sunday after noon. There is an early surprise birthday party tonight for my DIL. Her birthday is not until the end of December so she will not have a clue to what is happening. She is not going to be a happy camper as she has been adamant that she wants nothing done for her 50th. Having her son come unannounced from MN might smooth things over a bit. He should have gotten in town in the middle of the night last night. She had no problem with throwing a surprise party for he husband, my son, last March, so turn around seems only fair

The dinner at the senior center was a big success. The members brought a lot of dishes to pass. The big pan of dressing was completely gone. When I went to make me a leftover supper from our fridge last night, there was only a little bag of dressing and wild turkey in there. There is plenty of left over domestic turkey left to take over to eat while I am over hunting. I just need to take a jar of gravy to get it moist enough to stand it. My chef son did not carve it on Thanksgiving so it is cut length ways. He will bone out the breast and cut it cross ways making it easier to chew.

We got a little rain last night but the wind direction has changed so I mighty try and blow up some leaves this morning. The few leaves that I raked up around the back porch yesterday were hauled where they came from, the woods across the road. It was in the high 50's yesterday and guessed to be warm all next week.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10649 on: Nov 25, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Afternoon, well I survived black Friday at work, rather boring, not many of the "Sales" seemed to interest anyone.  At least in the fishing department.  Guess the bargains were in the rim fire ammo.

I did pick up a pair of work shoes at a near buy store $15, and passed on a Kayak that was $399 regular, marked down to $229.  But talked myself out of it.  :thumbsup:

Got the gutters cleaned and ready for winter, last of the leaves picked up.  Tomorrows high of 71* looks to be the last of any nice day before the ramp closes for the season.  Not looking like there will be any ice at the lower elevations for some time, maybe after Christmas  ::)

The thingI miss most on Thanksgiving days is not getting to spend that day with my family. The ones that still survive are so scattered, and of course have their own family's.  Best memories were when we were all on the farm.  Hopefully there will be a reunion soon, and not at a funeral.

Good luck to the hunters still in the game.
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.