Indiana > Ice Fishing Indiana

Biggest fish this winter

<< < (2/2)

ftwwalleye:

--- Quote from: zcm_82 on Feb 06, 2024, 05:54 AM ---Nice buffalo! Never caught one that big  :thumbsup:

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I though it was a buffalo..I had some debates on that.

zcm_82:
I don't catch many of them... maybe 1 to every 20 carp, and never very big when I do get one.

Easiest difference between the two is the mouth. Buffalo don't have barbels. They're also generally a little more tube shaped than carp.

ftwwalleye:

--- Quote from: zcm_82 on Feb 06, 2024, 06:13 AM ---I don't catch many of them... maybe 1 to every 20 carp, and never very big when I do get one.

Easiest difference between the two is the mouth. Buffalo don't have barbels. They're also generally a little more tube shaped than carp.

--- End quote ---
Thanks. Yeah he was actually pretty. Very iridescent. Sickle shaped top fin and no barbels. I yelled that's my PB buffalo in the video my gf took then second guessed myself. I haven't caught many large ones myself in our river.

TeacherPreacher:
Bid'un for sure!!!
Teach

abishop:
! will never forget the time I was casting a .32 0z. jig into lily pads hoping for a crappie when all of a sudden, I hooked a snag. That is what I thought cause the 4 1/2-foot ultra-light was bent in half. At its breaking point I decided to start up the trolling motor to see if I could unhook my snag. As I got closer, I saw the carp. Long story short it busted my landing net. I finally got it in the boat and tried to weigh it, but the hook busted thru the fish's mouth. This fish had to be close to 45 inches and weigh over 30 pounds. Hard to believe I got this monster on ultra-light tackle with 2- or 4-pound test line. One to remember 4 sure. Think this was my largest freshwater fish as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version