Author Topic: Anyone been to Cascade in the past week?  (Read 1185 times)

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Anyone been to Cascade in the past week?
« on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:26 PM »
Taking a friend from work to Cascade tomorrow. Anyone been there in the last week or so? Talked to Tom at Tackle Tom's on the phone today, he said they had rain last week and the bite had slowed a bit. Can someone give me a better report?  ???

Offline Skando

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anyone been to Cascade in the past week?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2010, 03:08 PM »
Indeed. That's not a very good report. Anyone been there this week..?

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:59 PM »
i too will be heading up tomorrow, first trip of the year. i called Howdy's and they had no report and suggested i call TTs. i have had good luck talking to TT's in person but over the phone is hit or miss. weather wise. there has been dusting of snow the last few nights. not sure of the ice conditions: how much snow on top, layers of ice-slush-ice, or water on top. guess i will find out in the morning.

Offline Skando

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2010, 10:10 PM »
thanks. fill us in on the conditions. i'm going to try to get up there later in the week.

Offline terri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:22 AM »
I went last Saturday with some friends. we caught 1 nice trout. 12-15 small perch. and 2 nice perch. we fished by the golf course. fishing was slow. the ice was slick from melting and refreezing . if you have boot chains or stabilicers i would take them.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2010, 12:21 AM »
Talked to the Idaho state fisheries biologist today on the phone.  He went to Cascade last weekend and said the fishing was slow.  They caught around 20 of 'em, but there was something like 8 guys fishing.

Jim

Offline kousui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2010, 01:03 AM »
just got back from Cascade. the ice is in very good condition. about 3-4" solid then apprx 2" water, then solid. about 18" total depth. no slush on top. good crusty surface. holes did not flood our camp. there were areas that looked damp. depends on how the wind pushes the surface water around but we were dry.
sugarloaf area busy with augers but slow on bites. fish and game was making the rounds and said most groups had 2-4 fish with one nice 3 1/2 # rainbow. fishing was very slow, however, my buddy did land a lunker 13" perch and 2 slightly smaller. weather was excellent. morning sse wind 8-12 mph, mid-day was t-shirt weather. evening temp was mild.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010, 11:46 AM »
went to cascade yesterday (wed) surface is good. Fished by the dam and caught one 13" and 2 about 9-10". Moved and found a school of real little ones running 4-6". Ice is definitely driveable for sleds or atv's. I would have no probs driving a lite pickup onto it, especially since I had my expedition on it two weeks ago. Missed some bites but my buddy wanted to move and that's when we got into the tiny ones....Have any of you used a hand held fish finder like the Hawkeye? Returning my underwater cam for a hand held ff. Camera worked okay, but won't find fish.

Offline magni

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2010, 12:00 PM »
I have the Showdown flasher-type of fish finder. Love it. Probably the best money I've spent on ice fishing equipment. Will not only find fish but will also let you know if fish are checking out your bait and not taking it much like a camera. Plus it's far more portable than the camera, you can hole hop pretty easily with it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.