Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: red rock  (Read 1577 times)

Offline LundZ71

• IceShanty Rookie
red rock
« on: Jan 22, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Has any one taken a look at this lake for ice or water clarity?? just curious as I live a ways away and was maybe looking for a road trip   Thanks for any info   

Offline jstfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: red rock
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:47 AM »
Man, it's hard to get a response on this site EH ?

Offline LundZ71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2020, 09:47 AM »
yea I wasn't expecting much  I was waiting for someone to tell me to get off my lazy you know what and look yourself    i live 3.5 hours away so that's the only reason i was checking.  oh well

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2020, 09:52 AM »
yea I wasn't expecting much  I was waiting for someone to tell me to get off my lazy you know what and look yourself    i live 3.5 hours away so that's the only reason i was checking.  oh well

I suspect the lack of reports tells you quite a bit actually.  I would conclude that there are very few if any, fishing it at this point in time.  I'm also 3.5 hours north of Red Rock.  Had 3 inches of ice on a local body of water yesterday.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline LundZ71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2020, 10:46 AM »
I agree with the lack of info means no one is looking or trying  not much ice down that way anymore it seems like

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Man, it's hard to get a response on this site EH ?
I see folks say this all the time. This post has 180 views. Looks like three folks decided to respond. None of the responses including mine answered the question. It is not hard to get a response, unless the folks that viewed the post don’t have the answer. If someone views the post and has an answer you probably get it.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline DFP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:23 PM »
I'm wondering the same.  I'm an hour or so away.  Just called a bait shop in Knoxville - FWIW - He said some guys were in that had fished Roberts Creek yesterday.  Caught mostly small crappies.  Sounded like lake had 6 -7 inches of ice.  Some slushing in areas.  He has had no reports from Red Rock.  Be careful.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.