Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Lost Island/Trumbull?  (Read 1367 times)

Offline icyclone

• IceShanty Rookie
Lost Island/Trumbull?
« on: Dec 23, 2019, 11:52 AM »
Anybody have much experience with either of these lakes and care to share? Thinking about giving one or both a try here soon and any advice would be appreciated, not ask for specific spots or secret baits but if there are good places to park and put on at that’d be nice to know, thanks!

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lost Island/Trumbull?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2019, 03:07 PM »
I've fished Lost Island once.  I parked at the boat ramp on the SW corner of the lake and walked E/SE to the point that's on the south side of the lake.  There's a somewhat sharp break to deeper water in that area.  I caught a bunch of yellows, couple small walleye and a couple decent crappie.  I know there is a rock pile or some kind of structure on the north side.  Look for the structure map on the IDNR website.  That will tell you where it is.

I have zero input on Trumbull.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Five Island Lake may be worth checking out for yellow bass, as well.  It's just a few miles east.

Offline Missileman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Haven’t fished it recently but use to be a good pike lake. No giants but good numbers of smaller ones. Also perch. Talking about trumbull

Offline dcmod25

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:55 AM »
was on lost island on friday the 27th. 3 of us caught over 300 yellows about 1/4 of them were in the 9 1/2 to 12" range. early morning was best up until about 11:30 then it shut down. we left around 1:00. also fished five island the previous day and caught around 200 yellows that morning. not quite the size of lost islands but still many nice yellows up to 10"

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2019, 09:28 AM »
was on lost island on friday the 27th. 3 of us caught over 300 yellows about 1/4 of them were in the 9 1/2 to 12" range. early morning was best up until about 11:30 then it shut down. we left around 1:00. also fished five island the previous day and caught around 200 yellows that morning. not quite the size of lost islands but still many nice yellows up to 10"

Thanks for the report!  Probably won't make it to either this year, but that's good to know there's some nice ones in both places.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.