Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Camera  (Read 1921 times)

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
Camera
« on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:40 PM »
I sold some ice equipment and bought a camera this year. Any tips or tricks I should know about when using?

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Camera
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:29 AM »
What camera? An old aqua vu?
It depends on the camera, the old zmag I have works well down viewing on some lakes, but others like the new color ones work better all around. Down viewing either at 90 or 45 will work best most likely
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:00 AM »
Get something to spin it with. I took a bucket lid, drilled a small hole in center with a slit to the edge and screwed a cleat on it. Just put cable through the slit and drop it to the depth you want and wrap cable on cleat. Then you spin the bucket lid to find your bait.
  Also don't expect much if you fish murky water. I laugh at the online reviews where people complain they don't work in muddy water.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2019, 06:09 PM »
I'm getting one this year too....used to have an old fish tv that wasn't all that great - too heavy to haul around to be useful. I'll be using one this year mostly for scouting...finding sweet spots in weeds, brush piles and fallen trees.

Catchin' Fish

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2019, 09:29 PM »
The marcum pan camera is simple and works. A lot of home made stuff can be used to.

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2019, 09:45 PM »
The marcum pan camera is simple and works. A lot of home made stuff can be used to.

Do you use the pan cam?  Anxious to see how well they work.  I picked one up early summer for $125.  Bought it to hook up to tv in wheelhouse so thought well worth the price.  Also found the pan cam without the camera for $50.  Bought that with the thought of using it as a wireless panner for my Ix-9 in the wheelhouse.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:20 PM »
I just got the Aqua-VU HD7i. It comes with a free mopod 3 right now. Can’t wait to try it out.

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2019, 12:13 PM »
Sorry for late post. I got the Aqua Vu Revolution 5 Pro. Got it for $199 off ebay. It was a best offer kind of deal, shot him a low ball offer not expecting him to bite. Well he did, so I ended up with the camera and had to sell some other items I don't use a whole lot anymore.

I like the bucket lid idea but want something that sits above ice like the tripod mentioned. Might try something that combines the two.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2019, 01:58 PM »
holy crap thats a good deal!

Catchin' Fish

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:15 PM »

Yeah, I honestly didn't think he would accept that low of an offer.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2019, 09:31 PM »
Sorry for late post. I got the Aqua Vu Revolution 5 Pro. Got it for $199 off ebay. It was a best offer kind of deal, shot him a low ball offer not expecting him to bite. Well he did, so I ended up with the camera and had to sell some other items I don't use a whole lot anymore.

I like the bucket lid idea but want something that sits above ice like the tripod mentioned. Might try something that combines the two.

Marcum camera compass can be bought fairly cheap is kinda like a bucket lid and works well.

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2019, 02:45 PM »
I'll check that out...thanks

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2019, 02:54 PM »
AquaVu has a nice manual tripod for about ten bucks. Legs fold together so it doesn't take up much room in your bucket or what ever you use. I use one with my micro camera.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2019, 03:23 PM »
AquaVu has a nice manual tripod for about ten bucks. Legs fold together so it doesn't take up much room in your bucket or what ever you use. I use one with my micro camera.

Swap out the directional knob with a small solid rubber ball with a slit cut into it ..works better for camera control.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.