Author Topic: Stolen pop-up!!!! F%$#@ers and big lake ice report  (Read 6600 times)

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Stolen pop-up!!!! F%$#@ers and big lake ice report
« Reply #30 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:29 PM »
Had a Polar bird pop up off Levitts beach stolen this past weekend. Its Blue and Yellow. This is a long shot, but if anyone knows anything please reach out. on another note if you go to the left of the beach you can get on. once on its 6 to 7 inches of ice with lots of bubbles in the ice. safe for walking. no way I would bring a wheeler out.

Check Fakebook.  I thought I read something on the ice fishing nh page there was talk of a pop out left out.  I will try to find the post

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:40 PM »
Sorry to hear about this, that really sucks! I only ice fish out of pop up shelters. Only time my shelters have stayed out overnight is if I’m camping in it. Also on 3rd CT I will leave it up for a few days if I’m camping close by on the shore in the woods. I trust no one other than some good friends! Plus I’m just too worried about the wind ripping it out of the ice anyway. I don’t care how good your pop up is secured to the ice, the wind is stronger and will tear that thing like a piece of paper!  I hope you find your shelter tho....

You camp on the shore at 3rd lake in the winter? Do you build an igloo?

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 13, 2020, 07:46 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/stacie.haas.58?fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdC-R-R&eid=ARCZrZR1TgRSX7eD-HxsJKO6HfYcv0xIP6VEL7FARrXihr7ygTVIkhwxBW1cyUaBCnJUGjvPni_uMiKQ&hc_ref=ARQ4N8iPirn4t8keae9afQZdI6y9X8bZP208xko07D9INxVBDwDOmERaJf2N2kVxO7k&dti=181325802068856&hc_location=group
Sleepy hallow newfound lake grab your portable...it's been there about a month and it's about to go under..

This is the post and what it said.  I don't know if it is refering to yours of not

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 13, 2020, 08:13 PM »
FKN A read through crap before you post a reply. He was on Winni!

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 13, 2020, 08:35 PM »
Hope who ever stole it gets covid19

Offline Mattyd420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Mar 13, 2020, 09:19 PM »

Nope just a tent platform and a expensive 4 season tent and sleeping bag 👌

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 14, 2020, 08:20 AM »
Thats messed up.  Check the local pawn shop etc. Had to be someone fishing. I don't see some loser just walking out to some random shelter that far out.  Probably had there eyes on it. Most Outdoorsmen are honest some are not. I would not be surprised if you have some how crossed paths with the person.  My brothers house was robbed once he had surveillance footage. It was someone he knew like a friend of a friend etc. I have no desire to take what is not mine. Hope you find it. Good luck. 
Salmonemia

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 14, 2020, 09:28 AM »

How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2020, 03:16 PM »
Sucks you lost your pop up. Hope it turns up. With the ice being punky and the sun warmer. Your anchors could have pulled out. I was out for an hour today and my anchors pulled out after a few good gusts. Check the shore lines.
Every fish is a good fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.